• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kindlwillbegreat

Holland: Prices for Bertuzzi, Schneider & Markov high

Rate this topic

Just talked to Ken Holland and he said the team will have to make some tough decisions in the days ahead. Evidently Schneider, Markov, Bertuzzi and Hasek's agents all have much higher salary expectations than Holland had expected. Holland said the team will sign one or two of those players, but not likely more than that. Holland blamed the large salaries being dished out over the last few weeks as the primary reason expectations for agents/players have skyrocketed.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2007/06/ba...bus_agents.html

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

Guest Crymson

Just talked to Ken Holland and he said the team will have to make some tough decisions in the days ahead. Evidently Schneider, Markov, Bertuzzi and Hasek's agents all have much higher salary expectations than Holland had expected. Holland said the team will sign one or two of those players, but not likely more than that. Holland blamed the large salaries being dished out over the last few weeks as the primary reason expectations for agents/players have skyrocketed.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2007/06/ba...bus_agents.html

MLive is unreliable when it comes to hockey intel.

The deals that have recently happened might effect Schneids, and Markov but not Bert and Dom. IMO. I don't think Bert thinks that he's going to get big money if he goes elswhere. He says he loves it here and that it's not about money so I'd like to believe him. I bet Schneids is looking for around 4 mil at the least.

Basically, we're just looking at Hasek here.

Schneider is gonna be too high. Markov wont be worth what he's bound to ask for, no matter how you look at it. Some GM might be willing to take the risk on Bert, but not Holland.

So we should be looking at just Hasek, yeah?

EDIT: Hope you're right about Bert. Schneider is ideally 4 mil. He'll want more, in light of Philly screwing this league over.

Edited by Earthhuman

Concerning the note from Kulfan... The more I've thought about it the more I doubt that Bertuzzi is worth the health risk AND the 2nd round pick next year -- even with an incentive-laden contract.

Ansar Khan's take

I think Schneids is gone, sorry to say. :(

Honestly, the salary Hasek accepted last season was really ridiculously low, when you look at how he played -- so I think he should get a bit more this season. I get the "reason" for his playing at less than a rookie salary, but he's proved he can do it to all but the most unrelenting critics.

Bert's the one I am interested in. I am waiting to see just how low he will go salary-wise to stay in Detroit.

Good luck, Kenny!

If Schneider doesn't come down low enough, I say Kenny lets both him and Markov go and makes a move for a new top-4 guy. While I love what Markov brings to the lineup, a healthy Kronwall would certainly soften the blow. Dom will be back no matter what. Bert comes for cheap or he doesn't come at all.

Guest jaytan

Well, that sucks.

Hopefully we can hold on to both Bert and Schneider. We really don't need Markov, though. And I wouldn't spend any money on Hasek, but they're determined to try him out again.

Screw him then. Honestly he's not worth that much to us, not with a prospect heavy D who could use the chance to shine. Face it- we've got lots of older guys but not too many guys who'er on the rise (obvious exceptions need not be mentioned!). Keeping another aging guy around rather then giving a certain 1st round draftee a chance means we're only making our situation graver next year, no?

It's quite possible, but Holland is a shrewd guy, & knows how to get the job done.

As I've stated in another post - Holland may have a trick, or 2 up his sleeve; that somebody could be UFA Nylander.

Mmmmm... Nylander! :clap: He'd be a great addition to the team and should have that Swedish chemistry :hehe:

If we don't bring back any of those guys I'm ok with it. Despite going to the Conference Finals last year, I would like to see the younger guys get the ice time, or grab a UFA or two.

Edit: Hey I was just thinking, does this mean we're signing Calder?

I hope so

Edited by Barrie

It's quite possible, but Holland is a shrewd guy, & knows how to get the job done.

As I've stated in another post - Holland may have a trick, or 2 up his sleeve; that somebody could be UFA Nylander.

yeah well that somebody named Nylander wants 5M bucks per year. No thanks.

Im really pissed off reading this right now. Schneider I can see wanting a huge salary. Who the f*** gives Rivet 3.5M per year and Timmonen 8M per for the next 2 years (even if his cap hit is 6.3 over 6 years). This salary cap has created more problems than it has fixed in terms of salaries. Like I said in another thread, Joni Pitkanen is a risk Holland should be willing to take right now given all the rumors about Holmgren wanting to move him. If Holland were able to land Pitkanen, he could forget about Bertuzzi, Schneider, and Markov, and solidy his forward corps by having the cap space to sign a relatively big name forward.