• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kindlwillbegreat

Holland: Prices for Bertuzzi, Schneider & Markov high

Rate this topic

thats easier said then done ........any players in mind ??

on a sidenote im watching nhl network and there showing the top 10 draft sleeper picks for the 90's

#10 holmstrom

#6 datsyuk

and im at number 5 now and its lang .......WTFFF lol no way hes better then datsyuk

zetterberg wasnt even in the top 10 , what a load of crap :P

5 lang

4 demitra

3 alfredsson

2 khabibulin

1 bondra

Alfie and Zetterberg would be my #1 and 2 for sleeper picks.

its a tough one. I have a bad feeling about bertuzzi. yea maybe he wasnt 100% in the playoffs, but he reminds me of robitaille hatcher and lang, players who came to detroit with high expectations and didnt meet them. Then again, they could use some physical presence in the playoffs. I wish they could keep schneider. if they lose him its gonna be a huge blow to the team, especially on the power play. I think they need to keep Schneider and Hasek. berts seems like a liability.

Edited by Kreator13

*Cough* 2005-06 Manny Legace (although I do like the guy) *Cough* :D

I agree with that, I just didn't want to be mean beause I still kinda love Manny. I have my moments with him. Haha

For every Manny Legace, there's a Curtis Joseph...and in all honesty the team should take blame for Legace's loss...as we all know only a couple stepped up.

That's true too. The way the Wings played against the Oilers compared to the Wings we saw this post season was a world of a difference. I still think though at critical times in the '06 playoffs Manny let in a lot of soft goals.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article.../706240688/1053

Just adds fire to the rumors

points of interest include signing Smyth among others if Bertuzzi doesn't sign (which according to the article, looks like he very well may stay here)

Schneider looks like he will be most difficult to keep, especially with Niedermayer possibly retiring.

and possibly the most intriguing:

"...the team also expects to get a boost from Igor Grigorenko, the highly touted 2001 Russian pick who's ready to debut in North America."

and possibly the most intriguing:

"...the team also expects to get a boost from Igor Grigorenko, the highly touted 2001 Russian pick who's ready to debut in North America."

Why is that intriguing? We know they're expecting him to play this year, else go back across the Atlantic. It's been out there a while.

I'm confused by the statement.

Question: Has Kindl even played in GR yet? If not, I really don't see him jumping into Detroit's lineup, let alone replacing Schneider's role.

:thumbup:

Exactly. Let's not get carried away. Kindl is a keeper, but unlikely to unseat anyone on the big club - yet.

And the talk about letting Schneider leave like he's Andreas Lilja or similar is a joke. On a club like Detroit you truly do not get to see how talanted a d-man he is. No-one's saying he's irreplacable, mistake-free or Nick Lidstrom .. but easily replacable with a rookie who hasn't even played in Grand Rapids? :lol::huh:

Exactly. Let's not get carried away. Kindl is a keeper, but unlikely to unseat anyone on the big club - yet.

And the talk about letting Schneider leave like he's Andreas Lilja or similar is a joke. On a club like Detroit you truly do not get to see how talanted a d-man he is. No-one's saying he's irreplacable, mistake-free or Nick Lidstrom .. but easily replacable with a rookie who hasn't even played in Grand Rapids? :lol::huh:

FYI. Kindl has played in GR, although not a whole season. Further, I don't think anyone has said Schneider is easily replaced by Kindl. I doubt anyone said Kindl should replace Schneider at all. I however, said that Schneider is replaceable, and by that I did not necassarily mean by a specific or even a single player. The loss of Schneider can be offset by several other players, for example Kronwall but perhaps also Kindl to some extent.

FYI. Kindl has played in GR, although not a whole season. Further, I don't think anyone has said Schneider is easily replaced by Kindl. I doubt anyone said Kindl should replace Schneider at all. I however, said that Schneider is replaceable, and by that I did not necassarily mean by a specific or even a single player. The loss of Schneider can be offset by several other players, for example Kronwall but perhaps also Kindl to some extent.

That's exactly what I was thinking. We have other players who can step in and gain a few more minutes. I don't think we will miss Schneids as much as we think. I like him, but oh well... it will give some of the young guys a chance.

Totally agree with everything here.

What Schneider specifically brings will be almost impossible to replace. But Holland can't offer him Timmonen money or even close to that amount.

I just see this as an opportunity to bring in another defencemen that plays a more physical style of hockey, like say, Sarich, for what Schneider was making (3.5M or less) and hope that Lidstrom has another Norris type year and that Kronwall can come in to his own offensively.

Yes, and I meant to correct that. Regardless, you're way off on what Schneider adds to our blueline.

It's quite possible, but Holland is a shrewd guy, & knows how to get the job done.

As I've stated in another post - Holland may have a trick, or 2 up his sleeve; that somebody could be UFA Nylander.

Schneider is gone...forget it too much $$$...

Bertuzzi is going to want $2 million + .... not worth the gamble

The Dom is staying...was great last year...gamble 2 years without an injury..but whoelse is there ???

Markov...hope we keep this guy...more than Mathew S. ... he's tougher

Nylander is 4-5 million we don't have the space....Stumpel would be a good fit

but we need a tougher winger.....Lebda and Sammy for Smith and Torres

works for both teams

ill be so happy if Bertuzzi comes back with a decent term. i say two years sounds good.

That's smart give a cripple a 2 year contract!!! and what's is the limit for Bertuzzi ???

how long and how much per year....let's hear numbers...not 'something i could live with.

Schneider is gone...forget it too much $$$...

Bertuzzi is going to want $2 million + .... not worth the gamble

The Dom is staying...was great last year...gamble 2 years without an injury..but whoelse is there ???

Markov...hope we keep this guy...more than Mathew S. ... he's tougher

Nylander is 4-5 million we don't have the space....Stumpel would be a good fit

but we need a tougher winger.....Lebda and Sammy for Smith and Torres

works for both teams

That's smart give a cripple a 2 year contract!!! and what's is the limit for Bertuzzi ???

how long and how much per year....let's hear numbers...not 'something i could live with.

I don t think nylander will cost that much with so many free agents out there at center breire, drury, gomez,lang,

I don t think nylander will cost that much with so many free agents out there at center breire, drury, gomez,lang,

Breire drury and gomez get the big money 6-8 million...

Nylander had his best year...ever...

I can't see him at less than 3 million...to 4 million

depending on who signs first...lot'sof centre's

buy NOT lot's of Dmen...that's why they will be more expensive

Lang will get 3 or less but never under-estimate the idiot's who are GM's

During the lockout I thought it would be a good idea to let Schneider go. But right now, if the Wings want to make another serious run, I think they need him. Yes I agree he's too expensive, and he's near 40. But Nick needs some experienced vets on the blue line with him. Love Cheli, but he's not going to be playing big mins all season. s***, I could even make a case that we would have won the cup if Schneids doesn't go down.

Anyhow, I understand the sentiment to let him go, but who are you going to replace him with? I'm just curious because I don't see anyone out there available that can fill in, in the short term, for Schneider. I'd sign him for one more year - hopefully he'll consider playing for a winning club is worth a few less bucks....

Question: Has Kindl even played in GR yet? If not, I really don't see him jumping into Detroit's lineup

I agree that Kindl wouldn't single-handedly replace Schneider.

But there are known cases when a young player has surprised everyone by making it to the team.

Who would've thought that Marc-Edouard Vlasic would be in the Sharks lineup (and average 22:12 / game) ?

Hockey News had him playing for the Sharks in the 2009-2010 season in their prospects coverage!

Jordan Staal was a similar case.

I guess I'm just asking :

Why not Kindl? Is he really that bad?