• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

NHL Draft: Wings select B. Smith 27th Overall

Rate this topic

Patrick Kane will be good but he's no Crosby. He honestly is not NHL ready yet. If he plays more than half a season this year it will only be because the Hawks have such a bad team.

Congratulations, you just descibed 99.9% of the hockey players we'll see drafted in the next 10 years.

What about the intangibles?

Brother of Brendan Smith is Rory Smith. He also played with St. Michaels Buzzers. Although a little shorter at 6'0 Rory who is 2 years older & weighs in at 187 Lbs. He can also handle the rough stuff & was one of the toughest in the league amassing 254 PIM's.

Conclusion - Brendan Smith will probably fill out into the 200 + Lb side & can probably handle the tough going as well.

Other info?

Brendan Smith - wears number 14 after Brendan Shanahan

Same 1st name.................................hhhhmmmmmmmmm, coincidence????

if he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Brendan Shanahan - "my hometown hero",

Brendan Shanahan - "my hometown hero"

Both from Mimico

Brendan Smith played lacrosse for the Mimico Mountaineers Junior club, but had to give it up because of hockey commitments.

2006 playoffs, he played 4 games had 4G 10A 14 PTS. Sounds like he is pretty skilled in lacrosse. Brendan Shanahan was an exceptional lacrosse player & also played in his hometown of Mimico.

A few of Shanahan's older brothers used to coach Brendan Smith in lacrosse.

Brendan Smith is his own talent & his background has been forged with many similarities & connections to Shanahans.

There is a small town connection that has been breeding recent success. Kids from Mimico, which is a very small neighbourhood of Toronto, have been influenced by Shanahan's successs. This town breeds character players. In the last 2 years 3 kids from Mimico have signed NHL contracts, Brendan Smith will be the 4th.

Guest Agalloch

I'm not very happy with this pick tbqh, but all is forgiven since we got Andersson in the third round.

Guest DetroitIan

I'm not very happy with this pick tbqh, but all is forgiven since we got Andersson in the third round.

Yeah gee what a stupid thing the Wings did. Getting future talent on D and all. Seeing how we have 3 top defensmen that could be retiring in the next 3 years. Ide say this was an extremely intelligent pick.

Guest Agalloch

Yeah gee what a stupid thing the Wings did. Getting future talent on D and all. Seeing how we have 3 top defensmen that could be retiring in the next 3 years. Ide say this was an extremely intelligent pick.

LOL, still mad about me telling you that you have no hockey knowledge, eh? Well, you just proved me right again. I never said anything about not taking a defenseman, did I? I wanted a defenseman, but I wanted Petrecki.

Stop talking out of your ass, kid.

LOL, still mad about me telling you that you have no hockey knowledge, eh? Well, you just proved me right again. I never said anything about not taking a defenseman, did I? I wanted a defenseman, but I wanted Petrecki.

Petrecki loves to hit , but thats all he brings to the table. He handles the puck like its a curling stone , Hatcher shoots the puck better.

Smith has offensive and defensive upsides , Is a future top 4 defenceman who can skate with the best of them.

Guest DetroitIan

Stop talking out of your ass, kid.

No actually I wasnt even thinking about that. I saw a post that was wrong. And I corrected it. It was a smart pick. And im over anything you had to say about me. I could care less if some chump tells me I have no knowledge of the game of hockey because I like Sergei Samsonov. To even tell someone that over one certain player is totally ignorant. And just shows your level of intelligence. I could care less bro. And dissing our draft pick just shows how clueless you are. You clearly know dick about hockey. So looks like a case of the pot calling the kettle black. :lol: Oh and I've been a college graduate since '05. So the only kid here is you. Little chump.

Petrecki loves to hit , but thats all he brings to the table. He handles the puck like its a curling stone , Hatcher shoots the puck better.

Smith has offensive and defensive upsides , Is a future top 4 defenceman who can skate with the best of them.

Exactly. :clap: Allgaloch is F*cking clueless. :lol:

Edited by DetroitIan

Guest Agalloch

No actually I wasnt even thinking about that. I saw a post that was wrong. And I corrected it. It was a smart pick. And im over anything you had to say about me. I could care less if some chump tells me I have no knowledge of the game of hockey because I like Sergei Samsonov. To even tell someone that over one certain player is totally ignorant. And just shows your level of intelligence. I could care less bro. And dissing our draft pick just shows how clueless you are. You clearly know dick about hockey. So looks like a case of the pot calling the kettle black. :lol: Oh and I've been a college graduate since '05. So the only kid here is you. Little chump.

Exactly. :clap: Allgaloch is F*cking clueless. :lol:

Oh my! One person agrees with you! Let's COMPLETELY ignore the dozens of people that wanted Petrecki over Smith! That sounds like a smart idea -- one a dumbass like you would agree with. And no, you're still bitter about me insulting me, because, hey, you clearly are clueless. You try to make it sound like you know something, but instead, you're just talking out of your ass. Hey, have you seen those commercials? I bet you star in them.

I also like how you ALWAYS bring up that you're a college graduate. Congratulations, dumbass, it's not exactly hard to graduate from college. Do you think you're the first person to ever do so?

I was also never 'dissing' our draft pick. I said I would have PREFERRED someone else. College didn't help you on that one, eh?

My god, please just leave. You're such an idiot.

Really? Essentially every scouting service out there disagrees: TSN's Top 60 Draft Prospects

From NHL Central Scouting: A stay-at-home defenseman with excellent speed and lateral quickness. Has a strong physical presence on the ice with the ability to make the big hit. Is quick to the puck and makes hard and accurate passes. Needs to improve the consistency of his decision-making and discipline.

From ISS: Does everything hard - passes, shooting, finishing checks. Has good positioning vs the rush, does a nice job of taking away the middle of the ice. He shoots the puck like a pro via a bullet wrist shot and gets his shot through. He as well displays general nastiness that is indeed impressive and as a result it allows him to gain extra space.

I personally don't mind the Smith pick, whatsoever. The Wings obviously see something in him, and some scouts have him ranked a little lower than they should, merely because of the league he was playing in last year. But I would've probably been happier with us taking Petrecki, and I can't blame anyone for having a similar opinion.

Really? Essentially every scouting service out there disagrees: TSN's Top 60 Draft Prospects

I personally don't mind the Smith pick, whatsoever. The Wings obviously see something in him, and some scouts have him ranked a little lower than they should, merely because of the league he was playing in last year. But I would've probably been happier with us taking Petrecki, and I can't blame anyone for having a similar opinion.

Wow , He sounds better then I thought. Guess the Wings might have missed a future great player. But I like Smith , I think he'll be the better defenceman , just not as physical.

Guest DetroitIan

Oh my! One person agrees with you! Let's COMPLETELY ignore the dozens of people that wanted Petrecki over Smith! That sounds like a smart idea -- one a dumbass like you would agree with. And no, you're still bitter about me insulting me, because, hey, you clearly are clueless. You try to make it sound like you know something, but instead, you're just talking out of your ass. Hey, have you seen those commercials? I bet you star in them.

I also like how you ALWAYS bring up that you're a college graduate. Congratulations, dumbass, it's not exactly hard to graduate from college. Do you think you're the first person to ever do so?

I was also never 'dissing' our draft pick. I said I would have PREFERRED someone else. College didn't help you on that one, eh?

My god, please just leave. You're such an idiot.

Oh I know. I mention it twice and now that means I say it ALL THE TIME! Hahahaha. Talk about someone talking out of their ass. Dude you're a little pissy girl who whines and complains like a *****. Oh and more ppl were happy with the pick, rather then wanting Petrecki. So looks like once again, YOU continue to talk out of your ass. HAHAHA! Absolutely hilarious! Good job chump. You just made yourself look even more stupid. Whinny little *****. :crybaby::lol:

Edited by DetroitIan

Guest Agalloch

That post comes from a college graduate? Ah, so you're a liar too. Wow man, you're so awesome for coming up with a post of pitiful insults.

And look above. Guess some more people would've been happier with Petrecki, hm?

A dumbass, you are.

Guest DetroitIan

That post comes from a college graduate? Ah, so you're a liar too. Wow man, you're so awesome for coming up with a post of pitiful insults.

And look above. Guess some more people would've been happier with Petrecki, hm?

A dumbass, you are.

All I read here, is WAAAAHH WAAAAHHH. Keep on crying little girl. Wanna tissue or something? Man sounds like you must be jealous as hell of me. Dude I don't blame you. But come on. YOU look above, ******* moron. More people ARE happy with our pick. Hahahaha! Man you just keep digging the "retard hole" deeper. Keep it coming, its just funny watching you make yourself look more unintelligent post by post. Keep crying little *****. And keep being jealous about my College Degree. Maybe one day you'll get one as well. But I wouldnt count on it. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by DetroitIan

Guest Agalloch

All I read here, is WAAAAHH WAAAAHHH. Keep on crying littler girl. Wanna tissue or something? Man sounds like you must be jealous as hell of me. Dude I don't blame you. But come on. YOU look above, ******* moron. More people ARE happy with our pick. Hahahaha! Man you just keep digging the "retard hole" deeper. Keep it coming, its just funny watching you make yourself more unintelligent post by post. Keep crying little *****. And keep being jealous about my College Degree. Maybe one day you'll get one as well. But I wouldnt count on it. :lol::lol::lol:

Wow, this is one sad man (kid, actually). I like how you completely ignore every point I made, and instead go back to your childish insults that I THINK are trying to hurt my feelings (not sure though, it's hard to read your posts). I think you misinterpret people being okay with the pick, and people wanting someone else. However, I wouldn't except a moron like yourself to understand that.

So, congrats, you're the second person to ever make my ignore list. No longer will I have to read your posts that involve retarded insults and run-on sentences.

EDIT: Wow, you are in fact the only person on my ignore list. The one that was previously on it got banned. For some reason, I think you're that same person that I once had on my ignore list.

Edited by Agalloch

Guest DetroitIan

So, congrats, you're the second person to ever make my ignore list.

Oh God noooo! Not that!???? First off, you were insulting just as much. So if you cant take it, dont dish it out little girl. And talk about grammar!! :lol::lol: Dude you wanna go back and look at your sentence structuring??? LOL! Thats like Pronger calling someone else a dirty player. :lol: Dude please, keep going. Please. It doesnt fail that you continue to SOMEHOW make yourself look more and more idiotic. Haha! Love it!

Guest DetroitIan

Smith might be a better bit in Detroit.

Yeah, I really see this kid being a good defensive addition after Nick, Schneids, and Cheli retire. We need that defensive core as deep as possible. :thumbup:

Rumor was that Ott was gonna snag Smith 2 picks later...sure there were other d-men I might of liked to have and a few forwards if we moved up a little...again time will tell, they are the pros not us...