• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

NHL Draft: Wings select B. Smith 27th Overall

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

I knew we were going for defense. Smart move by the Wings. We definitely need future talent at the blue line. Especially within the next 3-4 years or so. Hopefully this kid pans out to be a quality NHL defenseman some day.

He's fast, but he takes awhile to take the shot, or else it's soft. He also cheats in when he's going for it. If he plays against an aggressive defensive team... odd-man rush in the making.

The Wings can guide him to a strong career, though.

I really felt Holland should have traded up and got that Russian winger before NY nabbed him up, The Wings will hardly ever get a chance to get a top 4 talent.

I was hoping the Wings would do that too. The longer that Cherepanov was there I thaught the Wings would make a move to get him.

I'm happy with what they got though , sound's like Brendan Smith's got the potential to be a real good D - man . :thumbup:

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

This kid will get some great training at UW. Mike Eaves is an awesome hockey coach and UW has a history of putting out some great defensemen. Hell, Chelios played there! I see nothing but upside for this kid!

yeah i think niclkeback sucks, and im canadian!

Yea, nickelback does rot, but hey, the kid is young and has time to learn..... and hopefully will start liking Slayer instead....lol

Yup. my thoughts too. NOT NHL msterial unless the kid puts on some bulk.

Kane weighs 160. Is he not NHL material?

Edited by ARice89

Guest DetroitIan

I like their pick already, he has a great first name. :lol:

lol, yeah. And he wears 14 especially for Shanny. So who knows, this kid could be the next number 14 in the winged wheel. That would be even a bigger tribute. Not only having number 14, but having it on Shanny's old jersey. This kid must be pinching himself about now.

Just checkin out smith' jr a team site. there is a ton of stuff on there in multimedia. insane amounts of video for a junior or any team. lots of coverage of him and the sens 3rd round pick caporusso. seems st mikes did a good job promoting and marketing the talent which is now ours!

http://www.stmichaelsbuzzers.com and then click on multimedia. someone sign their web guy up for the show.

Edited by wolvie07

Kane weighs 160. Is he not NHL material?

I know, people have to keep in mind these kids are still babies. No kidding at all there, they're still fresh-faced with the baby fat all over on most of them.

They'll have time to grow lean, tough, big and mean for their NHL debuts.

lol, yeah. And he wears 14 especially for Shanny. So who knows, this kid could be the next number 14 in the winged wheel. That would be even a bigger tribute. Not only having number 14, but having it on Shanny's old jersey. This kid must be pinching himself about now.

Yeah, that is also true. But I like his name just because it is my name as well. :D