• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
canadienhater

wings should be patient with UFAs

Rate this topic

Holland should trade for these guys:Ilja Bryzgalov $1,000,000.0 &Joni Pitkanen $2,000,000.00

Get a cheap dman that can play with Nicky or on the Powerplay-- (Brad Stuart, Andy Sutton, Teppo Numminen, David Tanabe, Duvie Westcott,Tom Preissing, Chris Phillips, Scott Hannan, Eric Brewer, Cory Sarich)

Sign 1 0r 2 of these player (Ryan Smyth, Vyacheslav Kozlov, Jason Blake, Ladislav Nagy, Bill Guerin, Todd Bertuzzi, Marco Sturm, Jozef Stumpel, Martin Gelinas, Yanic Perreault, Dainius Zubrus)

Holland should trade for these guys:Ilja Bryzgalov $1,000,000.0 &Joni Pitkanen $2,000,000.00

Get a cheap dman that can play with Nicky or on the Powerplay-- (Brad Stuart, Andy Sutton, Teppo Numminen, David Tanabe, Duvie Westcott,Tom Preissing, Chris Phillips, Scott Hannan, Eric Brewer, Cory Sarich)

Sign 1 0r 2 of these player (Ryan Smyth, Vyacheslav Kozlov, Jason Blake, Ladislav Nagy, Bill Guerin, Todd Bertuzzi, Marco Sturm, Jozef Stumpel, Martin Gelinas, Yanic Perreault, Dainius Zubrus)

:clap:

Guest Crymson

The wings I think should be patient when it comes to UFAS and wait for the asking prices to come down on players like bertuzzi which could mean getting more for less

Agreed. While Philly's rather unwise offer of enormous contracts to Hartnell and Timonen has jacked FA prices up considerably, there's only so much cap space to go around. Once agents realize that they'll never get the contract numbers they've so greedily embraced lately, they'll lower their offers.

I predict we'll land Schneider, Bertuzzi and Hasek. When the numbers go down, they'll remember who loves them.

After this, he should grow wings and fly.

the wings wait and we'll get the losers left over that no one wants lol , like stumpel,nagy,tanabe .........btw marco sturm signed with the bruins so he isnt available

Agreed. While Philly's rather unwise offer of enormous contracts to Hartnell and Timonen has jacked FA prices up considerably, there's only so much cap space to go around. Once agents realize that they'll never get the contract numbers they've so greedily embraced lately, they'll lower their offers.

I predict we'll land Schneider, Bertuzzi and Hasek. When the numbers go down, they'll remember who loves them.

After this, he should grow wings and fly.

trust me schneider wont have to wait for the numbers to go down , cause a team will offer him the big money , hes not a big risk like other players meaning they wont have to lock him up to long term deals , im sure a team will offer him a 2 yr 10 million deal ..........at that point i say adios matty

Guest Crymson

the wings wait and we'll get the losers left over that no one wants lol , like stumpel,nagy,tanabe ........

What, you mean like how last year we waited and "got the losers"? As you recall, people were utterly up in arms at Holland for signing next to nobody. We picked up Markov and Hasek, and nobody else, whilst losing Shanahan and Yzerman (and Legace and Mowers, for what they were worth). The result? Our most successful season since 2002.

Edited by Crymson

I would agree! Especially for Kozlov I loved him when he played here. Yanic Perrault has been one of the best face off men in the league for while now. He would be good too.

I can't help but notice that Adam Foote is a Free Agent too.

Guest Crymson

I would agree! Especially for Kozlov I loved him when he played here. Yanic Perrault has been one of the best face off men in the league for while now. He would be good too.

I can't help but notice that Adam Foote is a Free Agent too.

Kozlov last played in Detroit six years ago, and he was so lazy that Bowman benched him at times. I don't think you really watched hockey back then.

Adam Foote is old and expensive, and he's so terrible on offense that he'd not fit into our system at all.

What, you mean like how last year we waited and "got the losers"? As you recall, people were utterly up in arms at Holland for signing next to nobody. We picked up Markov and Hasek, and nobody else, whilst losing Shanahan and Yzerman (and Legace and Mowers, for what they were worth). The result? Our most successful season since 2002.

thats different , people were afraid of hasek cause of his injury but your talking about the dominator, on of the best goalies of all time it was a risk but the payoff could of been great and it was , i doubt we'll get that much of a reward with josef stumpel ...........and markov isnt a big name but hes physical and is just what we needed int he back end , if you wait for the forwards then at the end there wont be much left to choose from , even bertuzzi will find some stupid team to give him the money he wants , not 5 + but something were not willing to give him

Guest Crymson

thats different , people were afraid of hasek cause of his injury but your talking about the dominator, on of the best goalies of all time it was a risk but the payoff could of been great and it was , i doubt we'll get that much of a reward with josef stumpel ...........and markov isnt a big name but hes physical and is just what we needed int he back end , if you wait for the forwards then at the end there wont be much left to choose from , even bertuzzi will find some stupid team to give him the money he wants , not 5 + but something were not willing to give him

I do believe you're missing the point. Last year we lost two huge-name players and gained a potentially fragile goalie and a middle-of-the-line defenseman.

I really don't see why you feel it necessary to bring out the "yes, buts" here in an effort to make things look bad.

the wings wait and we'll get the losers left over that no one wants lol , like stumpel,nagy,tanabe .........btw marco sturm signed with the bruins so he isnt available

Like what happened last year? Seemed to work out pretty good if you ask me! :)

I think we should jump out right away and get a big name 2nd line center... we have Hank/Dats, Draper, Mule, Flipper, and Rex who can play center. So just assuming that hank and dats are on the same line, Flipper is #3 and Draper is #4. Mule and Rex are going to play wing so that leaves a #2 center. We need a big name here to solidify the 2nd line scoring line... this cannot be filled by 2nd rate people that everyone passed on.

after that, we can wait and see what comes up for a good deal. but first and foremost we need that big #2 center

Edited by rwfan007

...ok, with the asking price for Schneider, Bertuzzi and Markov fairly high, this is what Holland could do...

...On July 1st, see if he could land Ryan Smith, do all you can to land him (prolly 6-7 million.) Then, go ahead and offer Bertuzzi a nice contract, let's say Lang's salary from last year, then tell Schneider and Markov thanks for the help, you are free to test the market. Give Quincey and Kindl (Meech) roster spots and go from there...

Lineup (not line combo's)

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Smith, Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Draper, Maltby, Samuelson, Franzen, Filpulla, Grigorenko, Hudler (13th forward)

Lidstrom, Chelios, Kronwall, Lilja, Lebda, Quincey, Kindl (Meech)

Hasek, Osgood (Howard)

...without having to pay Markov and Schneider the 5-6 million combined salaries, they should be able to land Smith and pay Quincey, Kindl (Meech) relative peanuts...

...scouts say Quincey and Meech are ready for the NHL and Kindl nearly made the club last season. I say go for it, could you imagine the threat of having the likes of Holmstrom, Smith & Bertuzzi on the top three lines?

...cross my fingers!!!

...ok, with the asking price for Schneider, Bertuzzi and Markov fairly high, this is what Holland could do...

...On July 1st, see if he could land Ryan Smith, do all you can to land him (prolly 6-7 million.) Then, go ahead and offer Bertuzzi a nice contract, let's say Lang's salary from last year, then tell Schneider and Markov thanks for the help, you are free to test the market. Give Quincey and Kindl (Meech) roster spots and go from there...

Lineup (not line combo's)

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Smith, Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Draper, Maltby, Samuelson, Franzen, Filpulla, Grigorenko, Hudler (13th forward)

Lidstrom, Chelios, Kronwall, Lilja, Lebda, Quincey, Kindl (Meech)

Hasek, Osgood (Howard)

...without having to pay Markov and Schneider the 5-6 million combined salaries, they should be able to land Smith and pay Quincey, Kindl (Meech) relative peanuts...

...scouts say Quincey and Meech are ready for the NHL and Kindl nearly made the club last season. I say go for it, could you imagine the threat of having the likes of Holmstrom, Smith & Bertuzzi on the top three lines?

...cross my fingers!!!

The problem there LW is, if you're giving Smyth 6-7 million, what is going to happen to Zetterberg when you have to re-sign him for the same rate? Can the Wings get away with having 3 forwards getting paid that much? That seems too TB-ish. Thats why, in all likelihood, the re-signing of Datsyuk put the kaibash on Smyth (which is why im still a little irked over that).

The problem there LW is, if you're giving Smyth 6-7 million, what is going to happen to Zetterberg when you have to re-sign him for the same rate? Can the Wings get away with having 3 forwards getting paid that much? That seems too TB-ish. Thats why, in all likelihood, the re-signing of Datsyuk put the kaibash on Smyth (which is why im still a little irked over that).

...right, but, Zetterberg's contract is up in 2 years, only sign Smyth for that period of time. Zetterberg is your future, Smyth is right now, sign him for 2 years at 7 million, then with Smyth, Bert and Homer all on our team, along with Hasek coming back and the D getting younger, we have to have a great shot at winnig a Cup within those two years. Hasek isn't going to last more than that, Chelios isn't either, heck, Lidstrom just may retire by then as well. When 2009 hits, if the cap hasn't risen enough to sign both Zetterberg & Smyth again, go for Zetterberg and thank Smyth for his services and he can go back to Edmonton with a Stanley Cup ring (or two.)

...right, but, Zetterberg's contract is up in 2 years, only sign Smyth for that period of time. Zetterberg is your future, Smyth is right now, sign him for 2 years at 7 million, then with Smyth, Bert and Homer all on our team, along with Hasek coming back and the D getting younger, we have to have a great shot at winnig a Cup within those two years. Hasek isn't going to last more than that, Chelios isn't either, heck, Lidstrom just may retire by then as well. When 2009 hits, if the cap hasn't risen enough to sign both Zetterberg & Smyth again, go for Zetterberg and thank Smyth for his services and he can go back to Edmonton with a Stanley Cup ring (or two.)

Wait...i thought Zetterberg was becoming a FA after this upcoming season? One of us incorrect! (odds are, its probably me). But in any event, I think Smyth is at a point in his career where he's looking for that longterm big pay day. Thats what happens when guys get to that 30 years old mark.

Wait...i thought Zetterberg was becoming a FA after this upcoming season? One of us incorrect! (odds are, its probably me). But in any event, I think Smyth is at a point in his career where he's looking for that longterm big pay day. Thats what happens when guys get to that 30 years old mark.

...according to redwingscentral.com Zetterberg's contract is up in 2009. But, there is no guarntee that we cannot re-sign both in 2 years, Lidstrom may or may not be around, he may pull an Yzerman and take far less to remain a Stanley Cup contender, Dats could be traded (it's possible) or maybe the cap will be high enough to give all three 7-8 million... Alot can happen in 2 years, but if you have an opportunity to land him now, at least get him for 2 seasons and try to win the cup now, they are that close, we've said it all along, 1 power play goal in game 5 and the series is ours...

Holland isn't going to aggresively pursue Ryan Smyth or any of the other big names. Alot of them are looking for big-paying, long term contracts and as some have already said we need that cap space for our future. Holland's going to take players like Markov who aren't marquis but still valuable and will only cost around $2M.

Holland isn't going to aggresively pursue Ryan Smyth or any of the other big names. Alot of them are looking for big-paying, long term contracts and as some have already said we need that cap space for our future. Holland's going to take players like Markov who aren't marquis but still valuable and will only cost around $2M.

...who's to say they are looking for long-term? Wouldn't you think the whole idea of being a UFA is to control where and when you move on. If Smyth comes here for $7MM, he wins one maybe 2 Cups, he now becomes a UFA again and commands a top dollar raise. If he signs somewhere for 5 years at 6MM, in two years guys that are as good or not even as good could and probably will be making more than him. After two years, he gets a huge raise, and then two years later and then three years later until he is making $10MM per season. The best part of it, he controled his destiny and went places on his terms and did not get tied down for 5 or 6 years...

...according to redwingscentral.com Zetterberg's contract is up in 2009. But, there is no guarntee that we cannot re-sign both in 2 years, Lidstrom may or may not be around, he may pull an Yzerman and take far less to remain a Stanley Cup contender, Dats could be traded (it's possible) or maybe the cap will be high enough to give all three 7-8 million... Alot can happen in 2 years, but if you have an opportunity to land him now, at least get him for 2 seasons and try to win the cup now, they are that close, we've said it all along, 1 power play goal in game 5 and the series is ours...

You're right, i suddenly have some new hope in getting Smyth! I dont know why i thought he was up after the '08 season. Yeah, i'd definitely give up the loot for him right now!

I do believe he's out for a 5yr deal, but like you said just sign him and make it work. You have a 2 yr window to wiggle things rather than the 1 i thought.

That depends. If the cap lands at say, 48M, and makes it to 50M the year after, it could be doable given that Lidstrom wont be making 7.6M on his next contract. For s***s, lets say that Detroit does offer 6M to Smyth this year. The following year, the only guy that will be due for a substantial raise is Zetterberg. At that point, Drapers salary will likely drop by about 1M, and it wouldnt be crazy to see Lidstrom re-sign for a few mil less given that hell be 39. So lets say that Lidstrom re-signs for 5M, which I think would be reasonable at that point in his career, and Draper for 1.2M, that opens up about 3.6M and puts Zetterberg at 6.25, which is around the number hell likely make on a long term contract.

It depends on a lot of things, but Zetterbergs raise doesnt mean we cant get Smyth.

I do believe you're missing the point. Last year we lost two huge-name players and gained a potentially fragile goalie and a middle-of-the-line defenseman.

I really don't see why you feel it necessary to bring out the "yes, buts" here in an effort to make things look bad.

whos the 2 huge players ? i thought it was just markov and hasek unless your talkin about bertuzzi , he didnt do anything btw .....and like i said hasek is one of the best all time it was a gamble but its not the same thing .........anyways im talking about forwards if we wait we'll end up with an alyn mccauley or josef stumpel ,anyways we'll see what happens i trust kenny and stevie, if there isnt much left at the end id rather let the kids play

3 forwards at under 7 million each i think they can ...........3 forwards plus lidstrom at 7 million i do not

we cant take the chance that lidstrom retires or that we can trade datsyuk , cause if lidstrom stays and we cant get rid of datsyuk then bye bye zetterberg , unless we then get rid of guys like filppula and holmstrom .......as good as smyth is we have to forget him go for the cheaper player with less yrs on his deal like a bill guerin , put him next to datsyuk and he'll get 30-40

That depends. If the cap lands at say, 48M, and makes it to 50M the year after, it could be doable given that Lidstrom wont be making 7.6M on his next contract. For s***s, lets say that Detroit does offer 6M to Smyth this year. The following year, the only guy that will be due for a substantial raise is Zetterberg. At that point, Drapers salary will likely drop by about 1M, and it wouldnt be crazy to see Lidstrom re-sign for a few mil less given that hell be 39. So lets say that Lidstrom re-signs for 5M, which I think would be reasonable at that point in his career, and Draper for 1.2M, that opens up about 3.6M and puts Zetterberg at 6.25, which is around the number hell likely make on a long term contract.

It depends on a lot of things, but Zetterbergs raise doesnt mean we cant get Smyth.

...what makes it more interesting is that Zetts isn't due until 2009...

My facts about when Zetterberg's contract was up were incorrect when i posted that. I thought Z was up after the 07-08 season. I think its do-able now, because like you said, you dont know what will happen with the cap in 2 years. Thats alot of time to work things out too.

You're right, i suddenly have some new hope in getting Smyth! I dont know why i thought he was up after the '08 season. Yeah, i'd definitely give up the loot for him right now!

I do believe he's out for a 5yr deal, but like you said just sign him and make it work. You have a 2 yr window to wiggle things rather than the 1 i thought.

unless lidstrom retires or if he takes a hugeeeeee paycut you see him taking far less then 7 ??? if hes winning norris's in 2yrs i dont think he'd take 3.5 a yr

lidstrom at 7 ......smyth at 5.5 and zett-dats at 6.7 each = 25.900 .........only way we might have a snowballs chance of gettin this done is if we sign up all our young players like filppula-howard-kindl with potential to longterm deals at discounts before they get to the big seasons and get big raises