• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

d-city

Would you like these lines?

Rate this topic

Says who?

I think that'd be a fair contract, by the way. People can't expect the guy to be asking for around 1-2. It's just not going to happen.

Not after Philly f***ed everyone over by overpaying for Timonen and Hartnell. Bertuzzi isnt worth 2.5+ , hes worth 2.5 at the most.

I'd give him 3 million if it were the 02/03 season , but right now hes too broke up to be a 3 million contract.

This Off season is gonna be a joke , everyones gonna get way overpaid

Guest DetroitIan

Bertuzzi wants a 3 year 3m/yr contract and that's too high for us so I have no clue how we'd be able to add Smyth, Kozlov AND Blake without losing one of Datsyuk or Lidstrom.

I don't know if he's asking that. But he is a top priority for us to resign.

The guy brings grit, scoring and size to our lineup that is crucial to hang on to. I will be so pissed if we don't get him back. We need Big Bert to stay in the winged wheel.

Edited by DetroitIan

^^ We sure do.

I don't even wanna hear anyone bringing up his back problems. The guy says he's going to be healthy, and I believe him. When he's 100% healthy he'll make a hell of a difference.

The Wings need someone to protect their players, to enforce, and show the opposing teams we won't be messed with. Bert is the perfect guy for that. And of course he's talented as heck. He's got great hands, and can be quite the playmaker as well. They need to sign him and SOON.

Guest Crymson

To Kindlwillbegreat:

To Crymson:

Yeah I'm aware that they all play the wing, i think holland will sign kozlov this summer and thats the only thing i didn't like

and on your point about cleary being second line material - i agree for the most part. there was a stretch of a month or two this season where danny was tearing it up, and he definitely deserves bigtime minutes when he is producing like that. although sometimes it looks like he couldnt finish a play if he had an empty net.. i guess thats just babcock using him as a grinder though.

Cleary was our 4th-leading scorer in the playoffs---despite having played on the checking line for most of it---and led the Anaheim series in points going into game six.

Cleary's mid-season slump was because he was stuck on a line with Lang and Williams. Williams, needless to say, absolutely sucked after his concussion, while Lang was in a slump of utterly epic proportions. Lang's slump, of course, was made worse by the fact that he wasn't willing to work hard to get out of it.

your talking to me about hockey realism and you honestly think smyth has a shot of coming here ? LOL .........only reason i bring up the pitkanen move is cause hes rumored to be on the move ........

I have not once said anything about Smyth coming here. In fact, I've always been opposed to it. Nice try, though--it's unfortunate that you need to resort to insults in order to cover up any comments you've made.

Line1: Zetterberg 2.65mill -Datsyuk 6.7mill -Holmstrom 2.25mill ----(11.6m)

Line2: Kozlov 3.5mill -Smyth 5.5mill- Grigorenkor 858.8K ------ (9.8588mill)

Checking line3: Maltby 883K -Draper 2.128mill -Cleary 663K ------- (3.674mill)

Line4: Kopecky 500K -Filppula 733K -Franzen 942K -------- (2.175mill)

EXTRA: Hudler(577 K) & Samuelsson (1.2mill)

Pairing1: Lidstrom (7.6mill) - Tanabe (1.5mill) ------ (9.1mill)

Pairing 2:Kronwall (3.0mill) - Preissing (1.5mill) ------ (4.5mil)

Paring 3:Chelios (1.15mill) -Lebda (650K) (1.80mill)

EXTRA: Lilja 1.0mill , Quincey & Meech(500k)

46.677Million all together without goalies

Hasek (2.5mill)

Osgood (850 K)

3.35mill

All together could equal & Wings carry $1.2 MM from bonuses

50.027+1.2 =

51.227----TOTAL

AND WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?????

What would I change? First, I'd get you a strong dose of reality.

Smyth isn't coming here for $5.5. That is, not if Kenny wants to retain Hank in 2 years. IF Smyth were to come here, it'd have to be for around $3-$4.

Kozlov isn't worth $3.5, he only made $2 last year, he isn't going to get more than that anywhere.

Grigs on the second line is a long shot, but I guess it's possible.

No way Babs will put Flip on the 4th line. He will get more PT than that.

Sammy will be a second or third liner As much as I would like to see it, he won't ride the pine.

Finally, if the cap goes up to $52, Kenny will leave himself more than $763k breathing room. Probably around $2-$4.

Cleary was our 4th-leading scorer in the playoffs---despite having played on the checking line for most of it---and led the Anaheim series in points going into game six.

Cleary's mid-season slump was because he was stuck on a line with Lang and Williams. Williams, needless to say, absolutely sucked after his concussion, while Lang was in a slump of utterly epic proportions. Lang's slump, of course, was made worse by the fact that he wasn't willing to work hard to get out of it.

I have not once said anything about Smyth coming here. In fact, I've always been opposed to it. Nice try, though--it's unfortunate that you need to resort to insults in order to cover up any comments you've made.

i was sure you were one of many who wanted smyth here, if im wrong then i apologize, but dont talk to me about insults cause what you were basically saying was i was an idiot for suggestings a hudler/meech trade might be enough to land pitkanen .....

well i just read on spector's site that some newspaper from edmonton speculated that the flyers might like niclas wallin or mike commodore in return for pitkanen ........i dont think hudler (15 goals in his rookie year ) and derek meech ( who is nhl ready) is a far stretch for pitkanen , who the flyers are hell bent on trading him for some reason

heres the rumored 3 way deal incase no ones heard of it .......

Tim Panaccio reports "multiple club executives" claimed the Oilers, Flyers and Hurricanes left the draft with a deal three-way trade possibility that would see Pitkanen going to Carolina, Erik Cole heading to Edmonton and Raffi Torres to Philadelphia.

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

Guest Crymson

i was sure you were one of many who wanted smyth here, if im wrong then i apologize, but dont talk to me about insults cause what you were basically saying was i was an idiot for suggestings a hudler/meech trade might be enough to land pitkanen .....

well i just read on spector's site that some newspaper from edmonton speculated that the flyers might like niclas wallin or mike commodore in return for pitkanen ........i dont think hudler (15 goals in his rookie year ) and derek meech ( who is nhl ready) is a far stretch for pitkanen , who the flyers are hell bent on trading him for some reason

heres the rumored 3 way deal incase no ones heard of it .......

Tim Panaccio reports "multiple club executives" claimed the Oilers, Flyers and Hurricanes left the draft with a deal three-way trade possibility that would see Pitkanen going to Carolina, Erik Cole heading to Edmonton and Raffi Torres to Philadelphia.

Raffi Torres and Erik Cole are, in trade value, worth ten Hudlers.

^^ We sure do.

I don't even wanna hear anyone bringing up his back problems. The guy says he's going to be healthy, and I believe him. When he's 100% healthy he'll make a hell of a difference.

The back problems, especially post-surgery, other folks say could stick with him. I'm with you and the rest though--I want Bert signed, if he has a fairer shot this year he'll be great.

I'd probably want to get him in the 2-2.5 range though. I hope hope hope he's not going for 3, I want the guy to come back here -and- be reasonable.

Maybe even 15.

11 hudlers tops, with three British pounds and a US dollar thrown in. Who doesn't want to receive some Rexian currency?

(edit: It's the first thing that came to mind with the talk. Fifteen hudlers--right in my back pocket, por favor!)

Edited by Flip-check

The back problems, especially post-surgery, other folks say could stick with him. I'm with you and the rest though--I want Bert signed, if he has a fairer shot this year he'll be great.

I'd probably want to get him in the 2-2.5 range though. I hope hope hope he's not going for 3, I want the guy to come back here -and- be reasonable.

Does this mean Huds is getting on somebody's or even his own currency? British pounds, Swedish kronors, and Republic of Rex hudlers? I WANT SOME.

(edit: It's the first thing that came to mind with the talk. Fifteen hudlers--right in my back pocket, por favor!)

It's too bad Rex is only worth a half-sized Hudler...

Raffi Torres and Erik Cole are, in trade value, worth ten Hudlers.

erik cole is worth more then hudler ...........torres i wouldnt say hes 10 times worth hudler, hudler got the same amount of goals in less games,less minutes and im sure less offensivly talented linemates ..... plus your forgetting to add meech so its 2 players ;) ...and cole isnt the player going to philadelphia's way in that trade

just curious ...........would anyone here trade samuelsson for martin lapointe ?? , we need more grit and yes lapointe is making 2.4 but i do believe its his last year

Whoever can put the likes of Tanabe and an ancient Chelios to name some above Lilja is beyond me. If it were up to me (and frankly I can only see a few hundred reasons why it shoudnt) Lilja would be in the first defensive line and made captain.

Also we need Big Bert. We just need him. An 100% Bertuzzi is leathal.

erik cole is worth more then hudler ...........torres i wouldnt say hes 10 times worth hudler, hudler got the same amount of goals in less games,less minutes and im sure less offensivly talented linemates ..... plus your forgetting to add meech so its 2 players ;) ...and cole isnt the player going to philadelphia's way in that trade

just curious ...........would anyone here trade samuelsson for martin lapointe ?? , we need more grit and yes lapointe is making 2.4 but i do believe its his last year

Torres is a proven NHL player. Rex is not. Torres is a proven NHL playoff preformer. Rex is not.

Torres>Rex (x10)

Torres is a proven NHL player. Rex is not. Torres is a proven NHL playoff preformer. Rex is not.

Torres>Rex (x10)

whatever you say , hows torres a proven playoff guy ? hes been in the playoffs once LOL

Whoever can put the likes of Tanabe and an ancient Chelios to name some above Lilja is beyond me. If it were up to me (and frankly I can only see a few hundred reasons why it shoudnt) Lilja would be in the first defensive line and made captain.

Also we need Big Bert. We just need him. An 100% Bertuzzi is leathal.

Wow, for second there, I liked where you were going with that post.

Lilja over Cheli?! :crazy:

Lilja FIRST LINE AND CAPTAIN?! :huh:

The wings don't need Bert. Bert at 100% is kind of an odd thing. Is 100% what he was in his 'Nucks days? Or is 100% just as healthy as his back will ever be?

It's too bad Rex is only worth a half-sized Hudler...

I bet his papa is where the size was. HIs mother... not so much.

Imagine if Rex were a whole-sized Hudler at 6'1" 200lbs. The hudler would immediately increase in international value.

Reading this thread makes me really excited for next year

edit: especially if we get Jesus

The only problem I see with getting Jesus is he is terrible with money, and he has a HUGE ego.

His issues with managing his money will only lead to a future hold out for more a bigger contract. And once he leaves, you never know exactly when he will return.

And the ego would cause hell (no pun intended) in the dressing room.

Wow, for second there, I liked where you were going with that post.

Lilja over Cheli?! :crazy:

Lilja FIRST LINE AND CAPTAIN?! :huh:

Hahahah!!! Lilja-love has been surpassed for all eternity! Who knew Lilly'd won such approval...

IPB Image

He's got "C" written all over him.

Edited by Flip-check

And he was HUGE for Edmonton. BTW, how many time has Rex been the the playoffs? And what has he done? Exactly....

exactly ........LOLLL ...........how many ice minutes did hudler get compared to torres ? how many games ?? .......exactly ......LOL ., and i recall john druce being huge for washington once in the playoffs and then disapeared , just cause he had "one" good playoffs doesnt mean he will be good again , anyways we wont be on the same page on this , so lets just agree to disagree

Reading this thread makes me really excited for next year

edit: especially if we get Jesus

LOL

exactly ........LOLLL ...........how many ice minutes did hudler get compared to torres ? how many games ?? .......exactly ......LOL ., and i recall john druce being huge for washington once in the playoffs and then disapeared , just cause he had "one" good playoffs doesnt mean he will be good again , anyways we wont be on the same page on this , so lets just agree to disagree

LOL

Are you comparing Torres to John Druce ? Have you ever seen Torres play , hes one of the toughest SOB's in the NHL. He can hit , score and fight. And yes is playoff proven

Are you comparing Torres to John Druce ? Have you ever seen Torres play , hes one of the toughest SOB's in the NHL. He can hit , score and fight. And yes is playoff proven

its one playoffs , you cant say a guy is playoff proven after one year , if he doesnt make it to the playoffs in the next 15 yrs , you cant say hes still playoff proven , hes gotta make it in more then just one time and perform more then once ........and john druce was everything , sorry to burst your bubble but he had a way better year in the playoffs then torres, he was washingtons guy

1989-90 WAS NHL 15 14 3 17 23

14 goals in 15 games , never did anything in the playoffs again , yet i wouldnt call him a "proven playoff guy" like you guys are to torres

i recall john druce being huge for washington once in the playoffs and then disapeared , just cause he had "one" good playoffs doesnt mean he will be good again

It's funny how on one hand you use Rex's one decent season as a positive, but ignore Torres's HUGE playoff as just 'one good playoff'.

Straw house....