• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Wimbledon 2007

Rate this topic

Starts tomorrow night, can't wait for it. Federer is the hot favourite, of course, but I think he's scheduled to play Safin in the 3rd round which will be awesome if it eventuates. Hopefully Hewitt can have a strong showing!

Ana Ivanovic has another good draw so I'm going top tip here to go all the way. Of course I’m biased. :D

:rockstar:

Pay-per-view time,$10 for 2 weeks of great tennis!

Oh yeah and my favourites to win:

Federer (unfortunately) :angry: & Jankovic

Wow, that is a great deal! :thumbup:

Safarova will play Jankovic in the 3rd round, and Lucie has already pulled off some big upsets at the Slams this year. :thumbup:

Lucky for me in the U.S., they just play Wimbledon all day long on ESPN 2.

That Henman match was fun to watch. I'm glad Henman won, I think everyone roots for him in a way. I'm sure he won't get much further, but he gave us an entertaining first round match.

And Blake won even though he looks a little shaky to me. Hingis looked a little off yesterday too, but she seems to do that sometimes. I hope she can do well here. And at the moment Venus is down a set and I honestly could care less if she wins or loses.

Lucky for me in the U.S., they just play Wimbledon all day long on ESPN 2.

And at the moment Venus is down a set and I honestly could care less if she wins or loses.

:thumbup:

No love for Venus? :D

Santoro defeated Karlovic-how on earth was that possible?

I was disappointed with Ginepri & Fish,I thought either one of them could pull off an upset win..

Today 5' 11 Daniilidou will try to win Aussie_Wing's Safarova (and Molik vs Serena should be a good one too).

:thumbup:

No love for Venus? :D

Santoro defeated Karlovic-how on earth was that possible?

I was disappointed with Ginepri & Fish,I thought either one of them could pull off an upset win..

Today 5' 11 Daniilidou will try to win Aussie_Wing's Safarova (and Molik vs Serena should be a good one too).

Pretty confident Lucie can win!

Molik will probably be eliminated by Serena tonight. :( And then she’ll probably face another Aussie in Stosur in the 3rd round. So Serena could knock out two Aussies on the trot.

Pretty confident Lucie can win!

Molik will probably be eliminated by Serena tonight. :( And then she’ll probably face another Aussie in Stosur in the 3rd round. So Serena could knock out two Aussies on the trot.

You were right about Molik and it looks pretty good for Safarova too! (Come on Jankovic :sly: )

See any upsets happening today?

Could Wayne Arthurs pull off a surprise win against Robredo -who isn't exactly feeling at home on grass?

Beast Mirnyi victorious against Canas?

Hoping Jarkko Nieminen will teach Florian Mayer a lesson today. :cool:

You were right about Molik and it looks pretty good for Safarova too! (Come on Jankovic :sly: )

See any upsets happening today?

Could Wayne Arthurs pull off a surprise win against Robredo -who isn't exactly feeling at home on grass?

Beast Mirnyi victorious against Canas?

Hoping Jarkko Nieminen will teach Florian Mayer a lesson today. :cool:

Unfortunately at the end of day 4 Hewitt will be the only Aussie left. I can’t see Arthurs winning; in fact I don’t know how he won his 1st round match. His court movement was pretty poor, considering he’s in his mid 30’s it’s no surprise, and Robredo will find it easy to pass him. Whereas Guccione is just terrible and without his serve he wouldn’t be in the top 1000.

It was no surprise to see Molik lose however I’m very disappointed Stosur was defeated. Pratt’s our only female left and she’s on her last legs. Australian tennis is in a bad way.

Pity the rain interrupted play because Safarova was only a few games away from advancing. Ivanovic is also first up on court 13. However she made a quote about how she’s still worn out from the French Open so she might not advance as far as I would like.

And I like Jarkko Nieminen; I hope he does well! :thumbup:

Edited by Aussie_Wing

As long as my boy Roddick is still in, I'm happy. Blake is up 1 set to none, and has a 3-2 game lead in the second set. I'm all about the Americans, but I have nothing but respect for Federer. I just want no one else but Roddick to beat him at Wimbledon. The problem there is that Federer owns grass courts (as well as Roddick). It seems if Roddick is going to have a chance against him, it needs to be at the US Open.

Sidenote: BTW Aussie_Wing, my wife's family housed an exchange student from Adelaide about 6 years ago. She lives next door to Hewitt.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

As long as my boy Roddick is still in, I'm happy. Blake is up 1 set to none, and has a 3-2 game lead in the second set. I'm all about the Americans, but I have nothing but respect for Federer. I just want no one else but Roddick to beat him at Wimbledon. The problem there is that Federer owns grass courts (as well as Roddick). It seems if Roddick is going to have a chance against him, it needs to be at the US Open.

Sidenote: BTW Aussie_Wing, my wife's family housed an exchange student from Adelaide about 6 years ago. She lives next door to Hewitt.

I've had some good results today. Safarova finished off her game, Ivanovic won through to the 3rd round, and Wayne Arthurs just beat Robredo in straight sets! I didn't give him much of a chance but what a result!

If it were me living next door to Hewitt I'd be over all the time touching up my skills! And of course we both support the Adelaide Crows (AFL team) so we have a few things in common. :D

Well Blake just won in 3 sets, and even though he is winning, he still seems a bit shaky. He will most likely see Ferrero next which should be a better test of him. I'm hoping he can pull through.

I was just examining Federer's draw and I've got to say, he has a much more difficult draw it seems than Nadal. The Safin match should be fun to watch if Safin keeps his head on straight and his serve is on. Federer could then potentially face Haas and Blake in the quarters. I don't see him losing any of these of course, but I haven't watched him play yet this tournament. I'm just going to assume his game is as amazing and inexplicably perfect as usual.

Henman's bid for a second straight 5 set win just came up short. After dropping the first two sets, he took the next two 3 and 2 respectively, and then fell apart in the fifth dropping it 6-1. It's always fun to watch Henman's matches at Wimdledon simply because of the crowd support.

Just Final: Hewitt wins 2, 2, and 1 respectively.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Nieminen won! :clap:

Mirnyi couldn't defeat Canas,but I was right about Arthurs.

Huge day coming up,hopefully it won't rain:

Roger Federer v. Marat Safin (Will be a good one, IF Safin has one of his better days like MSUDoubleJ19 said)

Blake & Roddick should both advance IMO.

And of course the battle of the tournament so far:

Jelena Jankovic v. Lucie Safarova

(Basically me vs Aussie_Wing :lol: )

Today's surprise winner could be Paul-Henri Mathieu.

And of course the battle of the tournament so far:

Jelena Jankovic v. Lucie Safarova

(Basically me vs Aussie_Wing :lol: )

Noooooo! Jankovic just tied the game at 1 set all. :(

This is without doubt the best game of the tournament though. They are two of the cleanest hitters you will find. The only annoying thing is there have been so many other good matches on at the same time today that I can’t watch.

Well that was a thoroughly disappointing last set. :( Towards the end of the second set Lucie starting making far too many unforced errors and her play in the third set was all over the shop.

But she has amazing potential and can out power just about anyone on tour, but she needs to work on her volleying. She gets to many short returns because of her power and she should come into net to finish off the points. I thought she was going to win in straight sets but Jankovic just got everything back into play and made Lucie hit more balls that she normally would.

Ana's my last hope now!

Well Lleyton was at 1 set all but up a break in the 3rd before rain once again stopped play for the day. He really struggled last night and he’s lucky he’s in the position he’s in. Made far too many errors and was a little bit tentative. I’m just hoping he makes it through.

Well,Nieminen sucked big time. <_<

Huge day coming up,it's heating up especially for the ladies.

Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)[14] v. Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)[4]

Venus Williams (USA)[23] v. Maria Sharapova (RUS)[2]

should be good ones. And both Ivanovic & Jankovic need to win.

Well Lleyton was at 1 set all but up a break in the 3rd before rain once again stopped play for the day. He really struggled last night and he’s lucky he’s in the position he’s in. Made far too many errors and was a little bit tentative. I’m just hoping he makes it through.

He'll make it! :thumbup:

Hewitt through to the 4th Round where he’ll probably face Djokovic.

And Ana Ivanovic is through to the Quarters where she will face fellow young gun Nicole Vaidisova.

Very nervous about both matches. :blink:

And Ana Ivanovic is through to the Quarters where she will face fellow young gun Nicole Vaidisova.

You know I could still join the Ana Ivanovic bandwagon.

I'm not necessarily a true Jankovic fan,I just had most of my betting done trusting she'd win.

I did bet on 3 ladies: Jankovic,Vaidisova & Ivanovic.

So needless to say that I'll be rooting for whoever wins the Ivanovic-Vaidisova match. :lol: