• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kindlwillbegreat

Would you trade Samuelsson for Lapointe?

Rate this topic

we need more physical players with grit , yes marty is making 2.4 but i believe its his last yr so we'd be really paying an extra 1.2 this year , and if marty doesnt come back for a cheaper amount we just cleared 2.4 cap space after this coming season , any thoughts ?? rather keep sammy ?

we need more physical players with grit , yes marty is making 2.4 but i believe its his last yr so we'd be really paying an extra 1.2 this year , and if marty doesnt come back for a cheaper amount we just cleared 2.4 cap space after this coming season , any thoughts ?? rather keep sammy ?

Do you intentionally start threads with idiotic ideas just to get a responce from people?

its not going to happen but i would do it in a heart beat

samuelsson is over rated and also we could really use a player exactly like marty. i think things could of went differently in the playoffs if we had a player like him.

agreed , bertuzzi was suppose to be the physical guy but he barely threw any checks

I try, but it's like watching a car wreck. You know you shouldn't watch, but you just can't seem to look away.

well since your the only one who seems to have a major problem , then i suggest you try harder , isnt there some way to block me ? try it out if your not happy

Berts still not 100% , give him time , if he stays a Wing he'll be awsome. :thumbup:

ya i guess , but hes barely played in years and that whole steve moore drama changed him , plus hes one hit away to his back from being out again

I'd stick with Sammy. He's streaky but if he, uh, streaks in the playoffs for the better, watch out... that shot can be deadly. He can make some slick plays, too... I've kind of warmed up to him after initially hating him, since his size often goes unused.

well since your the only one who seems to have a major problem , then i suggest you try harder , isnt there some way to block me ? try it out if your not happy

ya i guess , but hes barely played in years and that whole steve moore drama changed him , plus hes one hit away to his back from being out again

I know , but he's worth taking a chance on . he could be the power forward we've been wanting for a long time IF he stays healthy.

I know , but he's worth taking a chance on . he could be the power forward we've been wanting for a long time IF he stays healthy.

i guess but wouldnt it be nice to add another guy who can be physical and gritty ?? plus marty did have a 20 goal season and did score huge playoff goals for us , its been a while hes been in the playoffs so im sure he'd give it his all once hes in again

I certainly wouldn't be against this scenario, yes I think Lapointe is more physical than Samuelsson, but I don't think Samuelsson is afraid to throw the body when it is necessary, even though I don't think it's the main part of his game.

In terms of scoring production, given where these two are at the current points in their careers, I don't think one for the other would make too significant of a difference. I think Samuelsson is a good 3rd line guy, maybe 2nd liner, for support. Don't expect him to be the leader in production, but he'll chip in his due every now and then.

i guess but wouldnt it be nice to add another guy who can be physical and gritty ?? plus marty did have a 20 goal season and did score huge playoff goals for us , its been a while hes been in the playoffs so im sure he'd give it his all once hes in again

I know what you mean about adding more grit to the team , but instead of Marty's big salary for the season , I think that the money would be better spent on re-signing our UFA's first.

Do you intentionally start threads with idiotic ideas just to get a responce from people?

Settle down. Its a decent 'What if?' question. No need need to get nasty about it. If you don't like the idea, just let him know, don't just insult him.

Now, my answer to the question. No. I don't think Lapointe would benefit this team. Sammy seems to have found a role within the Wings system. IMO.

Guest Crymson

Enough of these bogus trades. Where did this come from? You wouldn't even be thinking about this if Lapointe hadn't played on the Wings in the past. Chicago would NEVER make this trade, and even if they were up for it Marty has stated that he does NOT want to leave Chicago. In any event, WE wouldn't want it either. Marty isn't very good anymore. Sammy scores more, and compared to Marty, Sammy is a god on defense.

Agreed.

its not going to happen but i would do it in a heart beat

samuelsson is over rated and also we could really use a player exactly like marty. i think things could of went differently in the playoffs if we had a player like him.

What do you mean? A player who scores spottily and who is utter jelly on defense? Marty is possibly one of the worst defensive forwards in the league.

Do you refer to physicality? Have you forgotten that we stood up, hit-for-hit, to Calgary and San Jose?

He last played for us six years ago, and he last scored "huge playoff goals" for us in 1998.

Hint: Sammy scored 20 goals for us last year, and he would've done so as well this year had he not faced two injuries.

Another hint: Despite playing 53 games to Marty's 82 this season, Sammy outscored Marty 34-24, with more goals. He also didn't have Marty's 98 PIM.

Further hint: Marty has been in the playoffs three of five seasons since leaving the Wings. In that time, he has four points in 18 games. His cumulative playoff total since '98 is nine points in 43 games.

Like I said before--please, know your stuff FIRST.

Edited by Crymson

i asked it in another board and no one answered ........and why is it so idiotic ? you dont like it dont read it smart ass

There is a reason that it was not answered on that other board. It is senseless. Now, when something is senseless and not feasable, it comes across as somewhat idiotic, much like this topic.

There is a reason that it was not answered on that other board. It is senseless. Now, when something is senseless and not feasable, it comes across as somewhat idiotic, much like this topic.

I don't understand why people take the time to respond to the poster, saying he is idiotic, and not to the general post.

If you don't like the post, spare us all and just skip the response.

Since when did we all become the authority on what hockey questions people should ask here? If something is idiotic and I feel its not worth a response, I don't even bother opening it. Why waste the time?

Guest DetroitIan

I love Sammy and all. But I would trade him in a heartbeat for to get Marty back in the winged wheel.

I know what you mean about adding more grit to the team , but instead of Marty's big salary for the season , I think that the money would be better spent on re-signing our UFA's first.

i guess , but if it doesnt work out in the market id be happy if we traded marty for sammy, he would cost us an extra 1.2 , so its not like were taking his full salary in return , plus if we dont want him back we cleared an extra 1.2 for free agency in 2008 that we wouldnt of had by keeping sammy

Settle down. Its a decent 'What if?' question. No need need to get nasty about it. If you don't like the idea, just let him know, don't just insult him.

Now, my answer to the question. No. I don't think Lapointe would benefit this team. Sammy seems to have found a role within the Wings system. IMO.

thanks for tryin to defend me but its alright dont worry about it , i dont let what anyone says here affect me , they can bash me all they want i really dont care , i wont lose any sleep over it , thanks though

No. Sammy makes pittance and is a consistent 15-20 goal scorer on the Red Wings.

Lapointe is way overpaid and hurts teams more now in his career than he helps.

Enough of these bogus trades. Where did this come from? You wouldn't even be thinking about this if Lapointe hadn't played on the Wings in the past. Chicago would NEVER make this trade, and even if they were up for it Marty has stated that he does NOT want to leave Chicago. In any event, WE wouldn't want it either. Marty isn't very good anymore. Sammy scores more, and compared to Marty, Sammy is a god on defense.

Agreed.

What do you mean? A player who scores spottily and who is utter jelly on defense? Marty is possibly one of the worst defensive forwards in the league.

Do you refer to physicality? Have you forgotten that we stood up, hit-for-hit, to Calgary and San Jose?

He last played for us six years ago, and he last scored "huge playoff goals" for us in 1998.

Hint: Sammy scored 20 goals for us last year, and he would've done so as well this year had he not faced two injuries.

Another hint: Despite playing 53 games to Marty's 82 this season, Sammy outscored Marty 34-24, with more goals. He also didn't have Marty's 98 PIM.

Further hint: Marty has been in the playoffs three of five seasons since leaving the Wings. In that time, he has four points in 18 games. His cumulative playoff total since '98 is nine points in 43 games.

Like I said before--please, know your stuff FIRST

LMAO @ pls know your stuff first , your a moron .............joe thornton did nothing in the playoffs in boston so i guess he sucked too right ?? you gotta take into consideration the situation where players are , and just cause marty didnt get alot of points doesnt mean he isnt a physical gritty player which we need, he was never a dominating force for us point wise in the playoffs

and please for the love of god stop over praising sammy , he's really not that good i know you got all excited when he got those 2 goals against the sharks in the playoffs but besides that he didnt do too much , so what that he got 20 goals during the season ? he got 2nd line minutes and did at times play with zetterberg, id hope to god he'd get 20 goals

I love Sammy and all. But I would trade him in a heartbeat for to get Marty back in the winged wheel.

you shouldnt of said that cause now we and a few others will be considered as "idiots"

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

In a new york minute! i loved lapointe when he was here, and yeah he has cooled down since he left, but hes in chicago what do you expect. He is a little over paid but other than that he is physical for an older guy and i like that! Sammy is ok but hes so streaky it makes m want to rip out my hair. One week he is on the money, the next 3 weeks he is shooting the puck every chance he gets and hitting nothing but the symbol on the goalies chest, it drives me crazy. not much of a talented passer, and gives the puck up alot, but i guess you could say that about alot of players. I like lapointe and would do it in a minute.

With that said......it will never happen!