• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kindlwillbegreat

Would you trade Samuelsson for Lapointe?

Rate this topic

There is a reason that it was not answered on that other board. It is senseless. Now, when something is senseless and not feasable, it comes across as somewhat idiotic, much like this topic.

stop tryin to suck up to those ****** bags ..........if nobody wanted to replay to it , no one would be answering this topic , and again no ones forcing you to answer ......read .....shake your head , and move on

I don't understand why people take the time to respond to the poster, saying he is idiotic, and not to the general post.

If you don't like the post, spare us all and just skip the response.

Since when did we all become the authority on what hockey questions people should ask here? If something is idiotic and I feel its not worth a response, I don't even bother opening it. Why waste the time?

its too bad there isnt more people like you here

he got 2nd line minutes and did at times play with zetterberg, id hope to god he'd get 20 goals

you shouldnt of said that cause now we and a few others will be considered as "idiots" and not knowing our stuff cause samuelsson is a goalscorer lol

First of all, Samuelsson didn't get 2nd line minutes all through the year, he was 7th in average iceitme with forwrds who were here all year.

Samuelsson is what he is a 3rd line player who sometimes gets to play on the 2nd line. He fits in well with the team and doesn't make very many bad defensive mistakes.

Do you guys not realize how valuable a 1.2m 20 goal scorer who fits in well with a team is? I mean, if we're talking about swapping him out for Hudler, then sure, but for what we have he's important to our success.

In a new york minute! i loved lapointe when he was here, and yeah he has cooled down since he left, but hes in chicago what do you expect. He is a little over paid but other than that he is physical for an older guy and i like that! Sammy is ok but hes so streaky it makes m want to rip out my hair. One week he is on the money, the next 3 weeks he is shooting the puck every chance he gets and hitting nothing but the symbol on the goalies chest, it drives me crazy. not much of a talented passer, and gives the puck up alot, but i guess you could say that about alot of players. I like lapointe and would do it in a minute.

With that said......it will never happen!

i agree with you , sammy coughs up the puck wayyyyyy too many times , especially when they were giving him powerplay time ( god only knows why)

i agree with you , sammy coughs up the puck wayyyyyy too many times , especially when they were giving him powerplay time ( god only knows why)

Ill never understand why he got PP time. Sometimes it made babcock look like a genius but most times it made him look like a fool.....and dont even get me started on him playing the point......just makes me sick, i know our defense was hurting but sammy on the point is as bout as useful as a one legged man in an ass whooping contest....YUCK

First of all, Samuelsson didn't get 2nd line minutes all through the year, he was 7th in average iceitme with forwrds who were here all year.

Samuelsson is what he is a 3rd line player who sometimes gets to play on the 2nd line. He fits in well with the team and doesn't make very many bad defensive mistakes.

Do you guys not realize how valuable a 1.2m 20 goal scorer who fits in well with a team is? I mean, if we're talking about swapping him out for Hudler, then sure, but for what we have he's important to our success.

7th ice time is basically a 2nd line player , im sure he had lots of games where he was in the 2nd line , and please dont make me laugh about not making alot of bad defensive mistakes , i dont know what you were watching cause what i saw was sammy coughing up the puck so many times , i was screaming at the tv cause of it so i would no , my friends watched some games with me and i would tell them to watch sammy cause he'd cough up the puck so many times and they were laughing cause he sucked

Sure a 20 goal scorer on a team for 1.2 million is good , but it doesnt hurt him that he plays with good players and he does cough up the puck too much and has no aim when shooting , hudler can get 20 goals with the time sammy had , and im hoping grigorenko will really pay off for us waiting all these years and be another 20+

I wouldn't mind seeing Lapointe come back as a 3rd line guy, but @ the same time I'd like to keep Sammy...With Hudler getting little to no ice time me thinks he'd be the 1 that would be shipped off to Chicago.

Just this past season:

For an "old fart" he still has it in him :sly:

he's always been tough , hes a big guy he works out like crazy, i seen reports on him on the french sports channel here since hes from mtl , he and chelios would be great work out buddies, and hes 33 not too old still, and his son is still a wings fan even though his dad doesnt play here anymore lol , im sure he'd come back

Ill never understand why he got PP time. Sometimes it made babcock look like a genius but most times it made him look like a fool.....and dont even get me started on him playing the point......just makes me sick, i know our defense was hurting but sammy on the point is as bout as useful as a one legged man in an ass whooping contest....YUCK

i know how you feel , i was screaming at the tv all the time when i saw samuelsson on the powerplay especially when on previous powerplays he kept turning over the puck , ill never understand why babcock did that , sure schneider was gone but he could of put someone else back there who could pass the puck and do something

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

1. Chicago wouldn't accept this, they'd want picks or prospects go with Samuelsson and Holland wouldn't give those up.

2. LaPointe has double the salary of Samuelsson, that cap space is valuable.

3. Samuelsson plays physical, not as physical as LaPointe, but Sammy's also a better scorer.

4. A huge number of PIMs (LaPointe) is worse than a forward who's bad defensively (Samuelsson).

1. Chicago wouldn't accept this, they'd want picks or prospects go with Samuelsson and Holland wouldn't give those up.

3. Samuelsson plays physical, not as physical as LaPointe, but Sammy's also a better scorer.

4. A huge number of PIMs (LaPointe) is worse than a forward who's bad defensively (Samuelsson).

Id rather have a guy that is going to stick up for our team and takes some penalty minutes than have a guy that gets lots of PP time and gives the puck up and wastes our PP...smae kind og think to me....

chicago has been tryin to trade lapointe , his salary alone would be a reason for them to trade him , the fact that you guys say about sammy getting 20 goals here would be the reason they might take him , fool chicago into thinking they got a nice 20 goal scorer when in fact hes not really that good ,just blessed to be on a good team , lapointe is also a guy who can stand up for us and fight if need be but can also play which helps us.......lapointe has a higher salary but would only cost us 1.2 extra if we give them sammy

and last we traded williams to them last year which proves theyd might be willing to trade us marty, knowing that babcock is more of gritty coach and likes to play physical if he knew for a fact this deal can be done he'd go knock on sammys door and hand him the plane ticket himself

Sammy's cough ups are always in the offensive end, he rarely makes a bad play in his own end of the ice! Lapointe on the other hand doesn't even know what his own end of the ice looks like!! These nostalgia trade propositions are getting silly. Just because a guy played good for us 5-10 years ago doesn't mean he will again. Could we use some more grit on this team? we could be it's not a must, we proved we can stand up to teams when we are on our game. If we are going to bring in some gritty forwards we need to bring in guys like the Ducks have ie. Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, young gritty forwards who can put the puck in the net. Lapointe my friend might be good for 10 goals at the most!!

Sammy's cough ups are always in the offensive end, he rarely makes a bad play in his own end of the ice! Lapointe on the other hand doesn't even know what his own end of the ice looks like!! These nostalgia trade propositions are getting silly. Just because a guy played good for us 5-10 years ago doesn't mean he will again. Could we use some more grit on this team? we could be it's not a must, we proved we can stand up to teams when we are on our game. If we are going to bring in some gritty forwards we need to bring in guys like the Ducks have ie. Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, young gritty forwards who can put the puck in the net. Lapointe my friend might be good for 10 goals at the most!!

Just because a guy played good for us 5-10 years ago doesn't mean he will again --------doesnt mean he wont either

and samuelsson coughing up those pucks on the ppl were huge , those are big chances for us to score goals, sammy coughing up the puck doesnt help , and yes your right saying adding more grit might not helps us win since we almost did without it but it cant hurt , maybe if we had a guy like marty who can not only be physical and gritty would of helped prevent crap like pronger hittin holmstrom from behind, at the very least have someone to stand up to them

what happened to holmstrom, and the fact that know one went up to pronger to get back at him for that crap he pulled was just pathetic ........and lapointe btw had 14 goals last year , in chicago ...........im sure he will get 10-15 goals here

chicago has been tryin to trade lapointe , his salary alone would be a reason for them to trade him , the fact that you guys say about sammy getting 20 goals here would be the reason they might take him , fool chicago into thinking they got a nice 20 goal scorer when in fact hes not really that good ,just blessed to be on a good team , lapointe is also a guy who can stand up for us and fight if need be but can also play which helps us.......lapointe has a higher salary but would only cost us 1.2 extra if we give them sammy

So here is how a person with sense looks at this situation. Sammy is younger than Marty and makes pretty much the same contribution if not a greater one. Marty makes more than Sammy, that with the age is reason enough to not even consider such a trade. Sammy was hurt last season and that had an influence on his play. We have Schneids, Markov, Bert, Hasek and maybe a UFA to sign. Tell me why the hell we would pick up 1.2 mil of EXTRA salary when we have that same production from a player we already have under contract?

So here is how a person with sense looks at this situation. Sammy is younger than Marty and makes pretty much the same contribution if not a greater one. Marty makes more than Sammy, that with the age is reason enough to not even consider such a trade. Sammy was hurt last season and that had an influence on his play. We have Schneids, Markov, Bert, Hasek and maybe a UFA to sign. Tell me why the hell we would pick up 1.2 mil of EXTRA salary when we have that same production from a player we already have under contract?

sammy is only 3 yrs younger then marty , not a big deal ......theres more then contributing to a team then just scoring goals , if your gonna play that card then sammy had 14 goals in 53 games in a good wings team , lapointe had 13 goals in 82 games in a s*** hawks team with im sure offensivly challenged linemates ..........

unlike sammy , marty has won the big game , twice .......he knows what it takes to make it to the finals and win the cup , sammy wont fight for us , wont go around hitting guys and being gritty as marty would

and , yes your right we got 4 players to sign but realistically we wont sign all 4 , realistically we wont sign schneider thanks to timonen , he can get a 2 yr 10 million deal from some team out there for sure , id rather we not be those chumps that give him that ...........

hasek is the only sure thing , bertuzzi i think might but i also think some stupid team like calgary

( where keenan and bertuzzi are close ) might give him a better deal , markov is the guy i think might come back with hasek cause he wont cost us too much and he played well with lidstrom

I don't understand why people take the time to respond to the poster, saying he is idiotic, and not to the general post.

If you don't like the post, spare us all and just skip the response.

Since when did we all become the authority on what hockey questions people should ask here? If something is idiotic and I feel its not worth a response, I don't even bother opening it. Why waste the time?

People need to know that what they are saying is flat out ignorant. I am no authority figure on what people should say or not say, I am merely someone who strongly disapproves of people who start threads that are unecessary. In reality, are we going to trade for Pitkenen? NO. Are we going to trade Sammy away for an older player who makes more money? NO. That is not a matter of opinion, it is a fact. The Red Wings clearly have issues that are far more pertinent than re-acquiring Martin Lapointe. You feel as if you should ignore ignorance, I feel that I should call the person into question. We are different people, we all are. Some guys will close the window and others like myself will reply. You do what is you and I will do what is me.

To help protect guys like Dats, & Hank.

Anyone remember last years game against the Flyers? Wasn't it that game that Hank had injured his back?

I'd rather have Marty whom can play on the 3rd line on our team vs Norton who's a career minor leaguer, & btw cannot punch his way outta a paper bag.

Look, if a goon goes out and decks Pasha or Zetts, its over. It has happened. Norton is no longer with our team. Zetterberg and Datsyuk were just fine last season, they do not need to be protected.

sammy is only 3 yrs younger then marty , not a big deal ......theres more then contributing to a team then just scoring goals , if your gonna play that card then sammy had 14 goals in 53 games in a good wings team , lapointe had 13 goals in 82 games in a s*** hawks team with im sure offensivly challenged linemates ..........

unlike sammy , marty has won the big game , twice .......he knows what it takes to make it to the finals and win the cup , sammy wont fight for us , wont go around hitting guys and being gritty as marty would

and , yes your right we got 4 players to sign but realistically we wont sign all 4 , realistically we wont sign schneider thanks to timonen , he can get a 2 yr 10 million deal from some team out there for sure , id rather we not be those chumps that give him that ...........

hasek is the only sure thing , bertuzzi i think might but i also think some stupid team like calgary

( where keenan and bertuzzi are close ) might give him a better deal , markov is the guy i think might come back with hasek cause he wont cost us too much and he played well with lidstrom

Yep, he won the cup 10 years ago, get out of the past. If we could get the D-Mac or Marty of years past, yes I would do it. But we cannot. Marty is not who he was and he will not resurge himself to be the hockey player that he once was.

People need to know that what they are saying is flat out ignorant. I am no authority figure on what people should say or not say, I am merely someone who strongly disapproves of people who start threads that are unecessary. In reality, are we going to trade for Pitkenen? NO. Are we going to trade Sammy away for an older player who makes more money? NO. That is not a matter of opinion, it is a fact. The Red Wings clearly have issues that are far more pertinent than re-acquiring Martin Lapointe. You feel as if you should ignore ignorance, I feel that I should call the person into question. We are different people, we all are. Some guys will close the window and others like myself will reply. You do what is you and I will do what is me.

Look, if a goon goes out and decks Pasha or Zetts, its over. It has happened. Norton is no longer with our team. Zetterberg and Datsyuk were just fine last season, they do not need to be protected.

LOLL who are you to judge whats realistic and whats not ???? pitkanen is a young defencemen whos clearly on the trading block you cant know for certain if holland would be willing to trade him or if hes called up holmgren and offered something , your just some kid on a computer , you cant possibly know whats going on behind the scenes , and marty is only 3 yrs older and would only cost an extra 1.2 million , i respect your opinions but please dude dont pretend you know whats going to happen and what wont , im just throwin ideas out there if you think its an impossible deal then thats your opinion , but please dont pretend you can say what hollands thinking for sure

Yes the wings first priortity is resigning the 4 guys but as we know it wont happen , and kenny might have to sign some guys or trade for some , and samuelsson besides hudler can be someone they would trade

Zetterberg and Datsyuk were just fine last season, they do not need to be protected ----------- that kind of thinking is what allowed that punk pronger to do what he did and not have anyone to stand up to after , just cause holmstrom came back and was fine doesnt mean its ok , next time we wont be so lucky

why are you so sure marty wont be a good player in the playoffs just cause he last won the cup 9 yrs ago ?? hes only 3 yrs older then sammy , quit talking like hes 50 yrs old , plenty of 33 yr old players play in the nhl and contribute , your forgetting since he left the wings hes played with 2 really crappy teams, and marty was never an offensive force

chicago has been tryin to trade lapointe , his salary alone would be a reason for them to trade him

...well, if this is true about Chicago trying to dump the salary, then why not just buy him out and then we can sign him for pennies on the dollar?

lapointe has a higher salary but would only cost us 1.2 extra if we give them sammy

...I'd really rather use that extra 1.2 to add to what we need to offer Smyth to come here...

LOLL who are you to judge whats realistic and whats not ???? pitkanen is a young defencemen whos clearly on the trading block you cant know for certain if holland would be willing to trade him or if hes called up holmgren and offered something , your just some kid on a computer , you cant possibly know whats going on behind the scenes , and marty is only 3 yrs older and would only cost an extra 1.2 million , i respect your opinions but please dude dont pretend you know whats going to happen and what wont , im just throwin ideas out there if you think its an impossible deal then thats your opinion , but please dont pretend you can say what hollands thinking for sure

Yes the wings first priortity is resigning the 4 guys but as we know it wont happen , and kenny might have to sign some guys or trade for some , and samuelsson besides hudler can be someone they would trade

Zetterberg and Datsyuk were just fine last season, they do not need to be protected ----------- that kind of thinking is what allowed that punk pronger to do what he did and not have anyone to stand up to after , just cause holmstrom came back and was fine doesnt mean its ok , next time we wont be so lucky

why are you so sure marty wont be a good player in the playoffs just cause he last won the cup 9 yrs ago ?? hes only 3 yrs older then sammy , quit talking like hes 50 yrs old , plenty of 33 yr old players play in the nhl and contribute , your forgetting since he left the wings hes played with 2 really crappy teams, and marty was never an offensive force

WHO ARE WE GOING TO TRADE FOR PITKAKEN IN REALITY? There is no way to land him without loosing Kronwall or Kindl. Hudler for Pitkanen is the dumbest thing I have heard since the Williams and Lilja for Smyth suggestions.

...well, if this is true about Chicago trying to dump the salary, then why not just buy him out and then we can sign him for pennies on the dollar?

...I'd really rather use that extra 1.2 to add to what we need to offer Smyth to come here...

well you can say the same about aucoin , and the habs tryin to get rid of samsonov , if they can get rid of a player without takin a hit to the cap they will

and as much as id love to see smyth here its not a realistic scenario, too many years on the deal would have to be sent his way at a high salary

Ever heard of free speach? I for 1 enjoy some of these types of posts - why else would I respond, & for that matter why would I bother to be here @ this site?

So you have luch with Kenny Holand on a regular basis, & you know the day to day dealings - SWEET! :lol:

So Hank's back injury wasn't from being run by a Flyer player? We should just accept the fact that if our franchise players get run on a regular basis - well it's just part of the game? :rolleyes:

Players get hit and injured. It is part of hockey. Would I like to have a player to stand up for Dats and Zetts? Yes. Not when he is 33 years old, not what he once was and highly overpaid. When Bertuzzi is healthy (assuming he comes back) he can serve as a guy who can proctect and PRODUCE. I am well aware of what free speech is, I welcome people to use it. But when you are saying that we should trade Sammy for Lapointe, I get uneasy.

WHO ARE WE GOING TO TRADE FOR PITKAKEN IN REALITY? There is no way to land him without loosing Kronwall or Kindl. Hudler for Pitkanen is the dumbest thing I have heard since the Williams and Lilja for Smyth suggestions.

LOL well i think hudler ..AND meech not just hudler lol :P for pitkanen is alot more realistic then lilja for smyth , well lilja for smyth is impossible dont know who came up with that one LOL , if you think adding meech is with hudler cant get him then maybe quincey though i dont think we would , quincey in the playoffs proved he can play , thats 2 roster players the flyers would add to there team rather then just 1, i know you wont agree with me but you cant be 100% sure it wouldnt be enough

lilja for smyth is 100% sure though LMAO , dont know who said that one but im sure they werent being serious

Amen to that

id love that too , but hes out of our price range

LOL well i think hudler ..AND meech not just hudler lol :P for pitkanen is alot more realistic then lilja for smyth , well lilja for smyth is impossible dont know who came up with that one LOL , if you think adding meech is with hudler cant get him then maybe quincey though i dont think we would , quincey in the playoffs proved he can play , thats 2 roster players the flyers would add to there team rather then just 1, i know you wont agree with me but you cant be 100% sure it wouldnt be enough

lilja for smyth is 100% sure though LMAO , dont know who said that one but im sure they werent being serious

id love that too , but hes out of our price range

You missed some fun times last season. Some guys here thought we could get anything we wanted for Williams and Lilja. I think we should hang onto Hudler. Meech holds no trade value imo, a draft pick for him is decent. He is not that great. I would be pissed if we lost Quincey. I do not really think Pitkanen is necessary. Lebda, Kindl and Kronwall will be our offensive minded defensemen for the future. I would like to think that we are set there, I mean nothing there is too shaky.

Edited by superstarsingh

Players get hit and injured. It is part of hockey. Would I like to have a player to stand up for Dats and Zetts? Yes. Not when he is 33 years old, not what he once was and highly overpaid. When Bertuzzi is healthy (assuming he comes back) he can serve as a guy who can proctect and PRODUCE. I am well aware of what free speech is, I welcome people to use it. But when you are saying that we should trade Sammy for Lapointe, I get uneasy.

bertuzzi as big as he is wont drop the gloves and fight , and please stop with the marty is really old comments , hes only 33 ! lol hes still got a few yrs in him and can still fight , hes not the best fighter but can fight , and works out like crazy, he might not be like chelios and play well till 45 but marty trains alot .......i wouldnt mind having bertuzzi back but hes one check away from having another bad back injury and pulling a uwe krupp on us lol (yes i know he faked it lol )

You missed some fun times last season. Some guys here thought we could get anything we wanted for Williams and Lilja. I think we should hang onto Hudler. Meech holds no trade value imo, a draft pick for him is decent. He is not that great. I would be pissed if we lost Quincey. I do not really think Pitkanen is necessary. Lebda, Kindl and Kronwall will be our offensive minded defensemen for the future. I would like to think that we are set there, I mean nothing there is too shaky.

i like quincey too, and i really like hudler but i dont think he will get a fair shot here and his value is pretty good cause teams can see the potential , pitkanen is really young only 23 and hes a big guy who can hit and be gritty but can produce offensivly , he would be a really good asset to our team , especially if we lose schneider which is what i expect , which is why i brought that trade up so he can replace schneider , a younger cheaper player .........plus hes from finland , we gotta bring in some friends for filppula lol :P

Guest Crymson

LMAO @ pls know your stuff first , your a moron .............joe thornton did nothing in the playoffs in boston so i guess he sucked too right ?? you gotta take into consideration the situation where players are , and just cause marty didnt get alot of points doesnt mean he isnt a physical gritty player which we need, he was never a dominating force for us point wise in the playoffs

I fail to see how this establishes Marty as better than Samuelsson. Samuelsson scores more, takes less penalties, is better defensively, and costs half as much in a situation in which we have zero cap space to spare. I think that's a no-brainer. What redeems Marty, by the way? That he used to play here?

and please for the love of god stop over praising sammy , he's really not that good i know you got all excited when he got those 2 goals against the sharks in the playoffs but besides that he didnt do too much , so what that he got 20 goals during the season ? he got 2nd line minutes and did at times play with zetterberg, id hope to god he'd get 20 goals

you shouldnt of said that cause now we and a few others will be considered as "idiots"

Samuelsson is far from a complete player, but he's at least Marty's equal at half his price. Have you failed to notice that Marty is an average player at best? Had he not been on the Wings in the past, you'd not have ever thought about this.

You might consider fixing your hideous grammar before you start to make comments about others` intelligence.

Past few seasons? It was his second year with the team. In his first he played very well and went pretty much injury free, hence why he was brought back. Shanahan wont be here to help Lapointe like he did during the two cups in the 90s.