• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
detroitdeviant

Are Anson Carter or Owen Nolan options?

Rate this topic

No thanks to Carter. He plays more of a soft game and a questionable attitude, IMO.

Friesen, I'm neutral on initially. I just don't know his game well enough to think if he would make a significant difference/not with the Wings to be worth signing.

Nolan, I'd open up to if he wasn't counted on being one of the main guys given his age, etc. 2nd/3rd line minutes.

Guest Crymson

i think a 1 yr deal for carter could benefit both the wings and carter? What about Friesen? I really hope they sign Nolan he put up points on a horrible Phx team. These players could come on the cheap side and 1-2 year deals at that

Anson Carter... uhm.. argh... you ARE referring to the guy who was sent to Carolina in exchange for a 5th round pick and then didn't even play at all for the rest of the season, correct?

DD..... I like how you think..... I have been thinking Carter since I looked at the UFA list in May..... He could be a good deal at $1.5 to $1.7 million, has the ability to aggravate me when he played with Columbus.... I believe he played some of his best hockey when with Bert in Vancouver..... and, he has had a problem finding a home..... He could be a good fit, IMO as he played at Michigan State.... so knows the atmosphere in Michigan. I would be willing to take a chance on that particular sow's ear.... I think he could be a silk purse.

Nolan.... I think his name is too big given the current climate.... he will proababl y want too much $$$$ unless he is willing to go with a Cup favorite for less

Guest Crymson

.. uhm.. argh...what IS That?

No im talking a cheap player who scored 20or more goals in a season 5 times. Or the same ammount of time bertuzzi has gotten 20 or more goals, correct?

it wasn't meant as a comparision between the 2

You might think on why he's been the most traded player of the last decade.

You might think on why he's been the most traded player of the last decade.

I believe you're thinking of Mike Sillinger

...I think carter would be a great fit for the team, especially if you consider his price

Guest DetroitIan

For me, Anson Carter is out of the question. If you looked up "inconsistently good hockey players" up in the dictionary you would definetly see a picture of Carter. And its litterally from game to game. One night he will actually look pretty damn good, then the very next night he looks horrible. Not to mention the dude can't pass for s***.

Nolan however, I wouldnt mind us having. For a cheap contract of course. If he's asking for anything too high then I wouldnt hesitate to pass on him.

Anson Carter? Hey, then we could try to persuade Alexander Daigle to give hockey another go for the ninth time, and also sign Eric Lindros. We could then put them all on a line together and call it

THE USELESS LINE

after months of their sucking Babcock could call them and and say:

(and yes I know I have receycled this bit ad nauseum)

Babs: "Fellas, things aint workin out, I'm sending you all to Adirondack."

Carter: "But coach, the Wings dont HAVE a farm team in Adirondack anymore!"

Babs: I know.

i think a 1 yr deal for carter could benefit both the wings and carter? What about Friesen? I really hope they sign Nolan he put up points on a horrible Phx team. These players could come on the cheap side and 1-2 year deals at that

Carter..people have to be kidding...dropped from the lineup of a team that didn't make the playoffs and people think

because U can get him cheap it'ss steal ??? crap is still crap no matterhow you wrap it>>

Nolan died during 2nd half of season...now let someone else bury him!!!

Friesen has never regained his scoring ability...should be in the minors....or Boston.. same thing

Guest Crymson

I believe you're thinking of Mike Sillinger

...I think carter would be a great fit for the team, especially if you consider his price

No, I'm thinking of Anson Carter, who has been traded seven times since 1996. A player who is anything more than a stopgap one-season fix doesn't get traded that often.

Kris Draper. Drafted by the Winnipeg Jets in 1989 (3rd round 62nd overall) Draper was traded to the Wings in 1993 for future considerations. Those future considerations turned out to be $1. The question everyone seems to ask is, was it Canadian or US money.

Cheap doesn't always mean bad.... or that player will not work in the Wings system. Given the $$ situation this season, I think he may possibly work out. For the right price. He had good production with the Sedin twins and Bert already...... I suspect that Dats and Homer are going to be the same situation..... We are gonna have to take a couple chances and MAKE a few decent players..... who else is out there who may be undervalued, lacking the proper environment? Those players are where the deals are gonna be made. More often than not, when the Wings pay big bucks for somebody.... it flops. Cujo, anyone?????

Some things Holland said in an Ansar Khan article, it sounds like we may not have a very big offseason. Don't get your hopes up.

"Really what I've tried to do is get a sense for what they're thinking of and see if we have enough cap space," said Holland. "..We're not going to be able to fit them all with the cap space that we have left."

Hasek, at the very least, will almost surely be back.

"Obviously I have to get Dom back. Then we're going to decide," said Holland. "We'd like to have Bertuzzi back, we'd like to have Schneider back, certainly Danny Markov played well for us. But again we don't have that kind of cap space."

With the squad we have there is no point in risking on players like these. Same goes for Bert I spose, but he showed some glimmers in the post-season of returning to form using his hands and size.

No need for either of these guys on the team... Nolan nixed a trade at the deadline to the Wings, why would he come here via free agency. Carter just doesn't have the stuff. Although, I think either one of them would be better on a great team like the Wings. They can't be worse than Lang can they?