• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

uk_redwing

Your Bertuzzi expectations if he re-signs

Rate this topic

i just want to see Bertuzzi skate in straight lines, drive the net, 25+ goals to me is a good season. also, i love his passing.

that should help everyone he plays around. Hes a keeper.

I want Todd Bertuzzi to be the first one since the guy pictured below, to take off his skate and stab somebody. :blink::P

IPB Image

Seriously, I have no idea how hard it is to recover from what kind of back injury he had, I wouldn't be surprised if he's still not 100% yet to the upcoming season, so I wouldn't expect him to produce as much as he did during his Vancouver years.

If he comes back to the Wings, I don't expect him to be "the guy", just try to play 2nd line minutes, charge to the net as much as possible, stand up to everybody else, and try to show us some of what you did consistently in Vancouver.

Assets Big and mobile, he owns soft hands that do damage around the net. Can score spectacular goals, but is also adept at playing the set-up role. When on his game, he can dominate.

Flaws His temper often gets the best of him. Lacks discipline and takes a lot of bad penalties in the offensive zone. Can get lazy at times.

Scouting report (from tsn.ca) so more of the assets part and less of the flaws part.

I think the wings should sign him to some incentive laden contract... keep him motivated

Assets Big and mobile, he owns soft hands that do damage around the net. Can score spectacular goals, but is also adept at playing the set-up role. When on his game, he can dominate.

Flaws His temper often gets the best of him. Lacks discipline and takes a lot of bad penalties in the offensive zone. Can get lazy at times.

Scouting report (from tsn.ca) so more of the assets part and less of the flaws part.

I think the wings should sign him to some incentive laden contract... keep him motivated

Thanks for the scouting report. I feel so much more informed now. Do you have one for Hasek?

Guest DetroitIan

I expect this guy to do pretty special things. He definitely made a solid and positve impact with the Wings during the time we had him. Just think of how much he could do for an entire season and playoffs? Wow. I will be totally disappointed if we dont retain Big Bert. Other than Schneids, I believe Bertuzzi is top priority.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Thanks for the scouting report. I feel so much more informed now. Do you have one for Hasek?

=D

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

GUYS BERTUZZI IS GOING TO BE SIGNED I TALKED TO him!!!!! he was my neighbour in vancouver, they got a agreement in place before the draft its just years they are working on

I see his ability as a 60-70 point guy. Im all for keeping him.

GUYS BERTUZZI IS GOING TO BE SIGNED I TALKED TO him!!!!! he was my neighbour in vancouver, they got a agreement in place before the draft its just years they are working on

I want to believe you! I just find it kind of bizzare that he would call up his old Vancouverite neighbour to tell you this.

Were you guys pretty tight or what? :blink:

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

i called him of course he lived next to be for like 7 years and during the steve moore incident we built a giant fence surrounding his house and mine, and in order for him to build that fence i had to build one infront of my house and we became pretty damm close after that but before that i hated his guts and he used to taunt me about his four goal night and s*** like that

Guest DetroitIan

i called him of course he lived next to be for like 7 years and during the steve moore incident we built a giant fence surrounding his house and mine, and in order for him to build that fence i had to build one infront of my house and we became pretty damm close after that but before that i hated his guts and he used to taunt me about his four goal night and s*** like that

...am I the only one who thinks this is a total load of b.s.? lol I mean there is a possibility that its true. But I just don't know. lol

My minimum expectations for Bertuzzi will be affected by his salary.

If he makes less than 3m, my expectations will be 0.35 goals per game, and at least 55 games. If he makes more than 3m, my expectations will be at least 65 games and at least 0.5 goals per game.

If he makes less than 3m, my expectations will be 0.35 goals per game, and at least 55 games. If he makes more than 3m, my expectations will be at least 65 games and at least 0.5 goals per game.

The idea of Bert being sidelined for 20-30 games really bugs me. I hope that back of his doesn't mean he'll top out at 65--except if it's merely wise to rest him like we will Dom. Then..

I've been pretty confident that we'll get Bert back.... I think the days of Bert rampaging down the boards on all six cylinders are over. If he proves us all wrong though, that would be -GREAT-.

Let's do some damage, #44!

I don't see him dropping the gloves, he never really has been a fighter. But I want to see driving to the net and more checking on the scoring lines. Also, for him to be an option for a one timer between the circles would be nice, but may be too much to expect from him.

agreed , he doesnt fight .......... i just want him to be a physical player and drive to the net , i just dont expect big things from him hes not the same he use to be since he hit moore .........maybe a 20-25 goal season and 50-60 pts i expect from him

lmao

im from montreal and i heard dandenault is gettin traded and going back too LMAO :P

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

laugh now but remember in the playoffs i told you bertuzzi had a tailbone injury haha

Do you collect taxes when you are not posting? :ph34r:

If this is really how you feel ; that money dictates the play expected, then how do you explain Cleary? He's making less both this past year and next than Filppula... Technically we should restructure both player's contracts to be more in line with production in the past year, according to your logic.

Money isn't everything. Sounds cliche, doesnt it? Dont underestimate a Canadian's drive for Lord Stanley. Bert has more in the tank, he just has to get his ass in gear.

I guess I dont expect money to influence production. Look at Draper and Maltby. They get paid to do what they do best so that our scorers can do what they do. Money does not equal production.

Bert provides soft hands, yes. He also makes opposing D back off of the rush. He's huge, and breaks people's pelvis's when they attempt to check him. (see : Columbus at end of last season) He posseses more than just production potental, in my eyes. So salary cannot justify production in his case, according to the way I think.

I have no idea what to expect from him, honestly. I do believe he's a man in search of redemption, and that makes a good case for "heart", FWIW. *shrug*

I think he likes playing in Detroit and will give his all for the team: just how good his "all" will prove to be may depend on his physical status. That bad back of his worries me, but even with recovering from that, and that being aggravated by the "talibone injury" (in quotes because, well, who knows?), he still got better and better in the POs. I appreciated that enough that I'd like to see him back, if for no more than curiosity's sake.

(I know, I know-- curiosity could prove pricey if I'm wrong!!)

Healthy, Physical play, passionate play, and don't become the goat this season.

Increase your fight average... even if you ain't a fighter

Edited by vangvace