• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

uk_redwing

Your Bertuzzi expectations if he re-signs

Rate this topic

...am I the only one who thinks this is a total load of b.s.? lol I mean there is a possibility that its true. But I just don't know. lol

He really does know Todd. I don't understand why it is so hard for some to believe that someone might know a celeb, or athlete..etc. They are humans ya know. They have 'regular' friends just like the rest of us.

Plus, in the series against the Ducks when no one knew what was wrong with Bert, RedWings4Lyfe came on here and said he's got more than just one injury he's playing on, and that he hurt his tailbone. What came out after the playoffs were done? That Bert had a bunch of nagging injuries, and injured his tailbone. Coinicidence? I think not.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Well if he does know him (and I think its very possible and I believe him) surely he can pass on a message from me that I want to see him pound Chris Pronger into the ice when he gets the chance. Im sure Bert could take on Pronger right? They dont NEED to fight....

Well if he does know him (and I think its very possible and I believe him) surely he can pass on a message from me that I want to see him pound Chris Pronger into the ice when he gets the chance. Im sure Bert could take on Pronger right? They dont NEED to fight....

Bertuzzi definitely wouldnt pound Pronger. It would be your typical short wrestling match that ends in a draw.

Bertuzzi definitely wouldnt pound Pronger. It would be your typical short wrestling match that ends in a draw.

Agreed.

For as big as Pronger is, he doesn't really fight. And when he does, more often than not it's a hug fest.

He's not a very good fighter. He just uses his size to neutralize guys.

Agreed.

For as big as Pronger is, he doesn't really fight. And when he does, more often than not it's a hug fest.

He's not a very good fighter. He just uses his size to neutralize guys.

He isnt a great fighter , but because of his size he pounds on guys. He fought someone on Dallas this year

Not much of a fight , but still is one

GUYS BERTUZZI IS GOING TO BE SIGNED I TALKED TO him!!!!! he was my neighbour in vancouver, they got a agreement in place before the draft its just years they are working on

I don't know you from Adam, but I wouldn't doubt that you know him. Several times I've met and conversed with the Hatcher bros, Belfour, and a few other NHLer's who have 'summer homes' in my area. I don't see why this is so difficult for people to grasp.

Guest DetroitIan

He really does know Todd. I don't understand why it is so hard for some to believe that someone might know a celeb, or athlete..etc. They are humans ya know. They have 'regular' friends just like the rest of us.

Plus, in the series against the Ducks when no one knew what was wrong with Bert, RedWings4Lyfe came on here and said he's got more than just one injury he's playing on, and that he hurt his tailbone. What came out after the playoffs were done? That Bert had a bunch of nagging injuries, and injured his tailbone. Coinicidence? I think not.

Yes, but that doesnt definitively prove that he knows him. If he posts a picture with him and Bert, then I will completely believe him. But until then, I said I just dont know. Just like you dont know for sure either. Unless you have already seen a picture or something. I didnt say it was impossible that he knows Bert. I just said I wasnt sure. Chill.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

lets just say me and bert never were friends after the steve moore incident we became friendly, i hated him before, i can find a pic of him with my dog and his annoying sons and his milfy wife i gotta look for it on my camera. he is coming to van in the summer and ill meet up with him and take a pic with a lgw cardboard

lets just say me and bert never were friends after the steve moore incident we became friendly, i hated him before, i can find a pic of him with my dog and his annoying sons and his milfy wife i gotta look for it on my camera. he is coming to van in the summer and ill meet up with him and take a pic with a lgw cardboard

:D

Do you collect taxes when you are not posting? :ph34r:

If this is really how you feel ; that money dictates the play expected, then how do you explain Cleary? He's making less both this past year and next than Filppula... Technically we should restructure both player's contracts to be more in line with production in the past year, according to your logic.

Money isn't everything. Sounds cliche, doesnt it? Dont underestimate a Canadian's drive for Lord Stanley. Bert has more in the tank, he just has to get his ass in gear.

I guess I dont expect money to influence production. Look at Draper and Maltby. They get paid to do what they do best so that our scorers can do what they do. Money does not equal production.

Bert provides soft hands, yes. He also makes opposing D back off of the rush. He's huge, and breaks people's pelvis's when they attempt to check him. (see : Columbus at end of last season) He posseses more than just production potental, in my eyes. So salary cannot justify production in his case, according to the way I think.

You totally misread me. If he signs for over or under a certain amount, I will expect him to reach certain standards. Why? Because if he makes more money, that means we have less cap space to work with, meaning because he took up cap space that could hav eotherwise been spent on adding an offensive player, he should replace that offense. If he's healthy enough to score like he used to, he deserves the money. If he's not, he doesn't. Which translates to: If he gets the money, he should be expected to score like he used to. If not, he shouldn't.

How about this thought: Tomas Holmstrom, probably the most comparable player we have to Bertuzzi, scored .39 goals per game last year and .36 the year before. If Bertuzzi gets under 3m, he should be scoring at a similar rate to Holmstrom, who is paid about the same as Bert would be getting. If Bert gets significantly more than Holmstrom, he should thusly score significantly more. It's simple. If Bert gets paid like Tomas, he should be expected to score like him. If he gets paid way more, he should be expected to score way more.

You totally misread me. If he signs for over or under a certain amount, I will expect him to reach certain standards. Why? Because if he makes more money, that means we have less cap space to work with, meaning because he took up cap space that could hav eotherwise been spent on adding an offensive player, he should replace that offense. If he's healthy enough to score like he used to, he deserves the money. If he's not, he doesn't. Which translates to: If he gets the money, he should be expected to score like he used to. If not, he shouldn't.

How about this thought: Tomas Holmstrom, probably the most comparable player we have to Bertuzzi, scored .39 goals per game last year and .36 the year before. If Bertuzzi gets under 3m, he should be scoring at a similar rate to Holmstrom, who is paid about the same as Bert would be getting. If Bert gets significantly more than Holmstrom, he should thusly score significantly more. It's simple. If Bert gets paid like Tomas, he should be expected to score like him. If he gets paid way more, he should be expected to score way more.

I guess my argument is that Bert provides more of the intangebles than Homer does, and posesses more ability. Whether he uses that ability to its fullest is up to him, but Mgmt needs to take that into consderation at the very least.

Bert can skate faster, through traffic, and finesse the puck far better than Homer can (keep in mind I'm talking about when he's on his game... when talking of Bert I thought I had to add that in) . He can be very intimidating against opposing D, and can take hits and keep on going. If Bert's abilities make it easier for other players to score, isnt that worth something additional than just how many goals he's scored?

I fully expect him to become the next "is lazy and sucks" target for this board!!!

I guess my argument is that Bert provides more of the intangibles than Homer does, and posesses more ability. Whether he uses that ability to its fullest is up to him, but Mgmt needs to take that into consderation at the very least.

Bert can skate faster, through traffic, and finesse the puck far better than Homer can (keep in mind I'm talking about when he's on his game... when talking of Bert I thought I had to add that in) . He can be very intimidating against opposing D, and can take hits and keep on going. If Bert's abilities make it easier for other players to score, isnt that worth something additional than just how many goals he's scored?

Not so sure that Bert has more "intangibles" then Homer. I believe it was on VS when they showed Bert flinch and turn to the side, to avoid being hit by a slap shot from the point. Now I am not saying that I wouldn't go running for cover myself, however even the announcer said that with Homer there that was a goal, because by moving they way he did, not only did he let the goalie (giggy I believe) see the puck he also let him no where the puck was coming from.

Let's not confuse Bert of a couple of years ago with this one, he skates around the net instead of at it, I am not sure that he is really faster than Homer, and Homer is the pest that annoys people and gets them to take penalties. Bert isn't really pissing to many people off. They may hate him because of THE INCIDENT, however it is not from his current play on the ice.

I guess my argument is that Bert provides more of the intangebles than Homer does, and posesses more ability. Whether he uses that ability to its fullest is up to him, but Mgmt needs to take that into consderation at the very least.

I did say I expect Bert at 3m to score the same as Homer does for 2.25m.

Because this is the internet, and people can say anything they like, true or not? :crazy:

I hope he does know him, and that he is signing...2.5-3 and ill be happy...for that money though, id like to see 25+ goals and 50-60 points.