#1 DetroitIan

DetroitIan

^^^^ The Dark Defender

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:18 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...870&hubname=nhl

Now all preds fans can breath a sigh of relief. Sure they lose Vokoun. But alteast now that have the mighty Rinne. laugh.gif
What time is it??? IT'S HOMER TIME!!!

Yzerman is God.

LGWer since June '02.

#2 Production Line

Production Line

Rock The Casbah...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:34 PM

OH NO, Now they are contenders again... rolleyes.gif
And what color is the sky in your world...

#3 kindlwillbegreat

kindlwillbegreat

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:42 PM

rinne "looked" like he was good in the ahl last season , and the preds still got mason who was , i think the best goalie for the preds last season , they wont be as good as last yr but you shouldnt underestimate them , theyll likey be right up there for a playoff spot , and once your in anything can happen

#4 DetroitIan

DetroitIan

^^^^ The Dark Defender

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE(kindlwillbegreat @ June 25, 2007 - 07:42PM) View Post

rinne "looked" like he was good in the ahl last season , and the preds still got mason who was , i think the best goalie for the preds last season , they wont be as good as last yr but you shouldnt underestimate them , theyll likey be right up there for a playoff spot , and once your in anything can happen

Yeah actually I agree. I think they will make the playoffs next season. I just think its funny how half their fans are in total denial. My prediction is 8th seed. But I also predict they will be ousted in the 1st round.
What time is it??? IT'S HOMER TIME!!!

Yzerman is God.

LGWer since June '02.

#5 DrThunderer

DrThunderer

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(kindlwillbegreat @ June 25, 2007 - 06:42PM) View Post

He did look good, and was coming off of that off-season injury after he got jumped in his home country. Bad lauck then, but it all seems to be turning around now!

#6 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

But don't the Preds still have Mason? And if I recall correctly he is pretty decent in his own right.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#7 Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Simpsonized!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:52 PM

this is actually a re-signing. and a very good one.

Rinne will still most likely be in the AHL next season. He's probably ready for the NHL. He looked really good in his debut last season. But I think the preds sign a veteran backup for Mason and let Rinne get another full year of starting in Milwaukee before bringing him up for good.

FWIW, he preds scouts all agree that Rinne could one day be the best tender ever to suit up for the Preds.
IPB Image
"The people at first were saying, 'Why is there a team in Nashville?' But when you come here and you see the fans and the excitement, my question would be, "Why would there not be a team in Nashville?" - Yanic Perreault, January 18, 2006

#8 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:21 PM

I don't know much about Rinne, but these crazy events occuring at Nashville are definitely not going to help their attendance troubles...

#9 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:34 PM

their finished nashville bye bye ...

#10 BeeRYCE

BeeRYCE

Where are the f'n twinkies?!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:36 PM

Chris Mason is a good enough starter, and this guy is probably a good enough back-up, but a good enough back-up for Chris Mason who is going to have his first year as starter?

#11 Production Line

Production Line

Rock The Casbah...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:19 PM

Well we used to have Patrick Whaaaaa, now we have Pekka WHiiinnne...lol... goal.gif goal.gif goal.gif
And what color is the sky in your world...

#12 w00p33

w00p33

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:16 AM

In my own little world, I'd rather have Rinne stay in Milwaukee another year, for Milwaukee's sake. As I live in Wisconsin, this should be understandable. His backup, Goehring, has a good style and is one of those rare goalies who seem to play best in the worst situations and then lets that easy stop slide right by.

That said, Rinne can hold his own and though I don't think he should be full-time (starter or backup) NHL this year, he should follow Mason as the Pred's next starter eventually or longer-term going somewhere else where he could start.

#13 Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Simpsonized!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE(Production Line @ June 25, 2007 - 11:19PM) View Post

Well we used to have Patrick Whaaaaa, now we have Pekka WHiiinnne...lol... goal.gif goal.gif goal.gif

too bad for you that Rinne is pronounced Ree-Nuh tongue.gif
IPB Image
"The people at first were saying, 'Why is there a team in Nashville?' But when you come here and you see the fans and the excitement, my question would be, "Why would there not be a team in Nashville?" - Yanic Perreault, January 18, 2006