• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

Preds sign goaltender Rinne

Rate this topic

rinne "looked" like he was good in the ahl last season , and the preds still got mason who was , i think the best goalie for the preds last season , they wont be as good as last yr but you shouldnt underestimate them , theyll likey be right up there for a playoff spot , and once your in anything can happen

Guest DetroitIan

rinne "looked" like he was good in the ahl last season , and the preds still got mason who was , i think the best goalie for the preds last season , they wont be as good as last yr but you shouldnt underestimate them , theyll likey be right up there for a playoff spot , and once your in anything can happen

Yeah actually I agree. I think they will make the playoffs next season. I just think its funny how half their fans are in total denial. My prediction is 8th seed. But I also predict they will be ousted in the 1st round.

He did look good, and was coming off of that off-season injury after he got jumped in his home country. Bad lauck then, but it all seems to be turning around now!

this is actually a re-signing. and a very good one.

Rinne will still most likely be in the AHL next season. He's probably ready for the NHL. He looked really good in his debut last season. But I think the preds sign a veteran backup for Mason and let Rinne get another full year of starting in Milwaukee before bringing him up for good.

FWIW, he preds scouts all agree that Rinne could one day be the best tender ever to suit up for the Preds.

Chris Mason is a good enough starter, and this guy is probably a good enough back-up, but a good enough back-up for Chris Mason who is going to have his first year as starter?

In my own little world, I'd rather have Rinne stay in Milwaukee another year, for Milwaukee's sake. As I live in Wisconsin, this should be understandable. His backup, Goehring, has a good style and is one of those rare goalies who seem to play best in the worst situations and then lets that easy stop slide right by.

That said, Rinne can hold his own and though I don't think he should be full-time (starter or backup) NHL this year, he should follow Mason as the Pred's next starter eventually or longer-term going somewhere else where he could start.