• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Dustin Penner?

Rate this topic

NO. First off, the Wings, nor probably anybody for that matter, will be going after another team's RFA. Second off, if you're suggesting trade...not a million years will it happen.

There is no question Penner will be re-signed.

That's more or less where I stand. The only reason I ask is that a friend of mine said Penner's drawing "considerable attention" from "a couple big-name clubs" -- and my friend's generally a pretty shrewd informant.

But not this time, I suppose. :hehe:

EDIT: Re: Lou

Edited by Dabura

Guest Crymson

RFA. Big-bodied winger. Might Kenny be interested?

Not saying I'm a big fan of his, but I wanted to see what you folks think.

(7/1 can't come soon enough! Aaargh!)

I see absolutely no chance that Anaheim will not re-sign Penner, especially with the money they stand to get if Niedermayer/Selanne retire.

Penner will be a Duck for a long, long time.

NO. First off, the Wings, nor probably anybody for that matter, will be going after another team's RFA. Second off, if you're suggesting trade...not a million years will it happen.

Agree with everything you said! He will be wearing a duck's jersey next season with out a doubt.

If there were a snowballs chance in hell that this could happen, Kenny should be on it like white on rice!!!

This kid has unlimited potential, and is a force tobe reckoned with.

He really needs to work with some one to develop his hands, if he could learn a little bit more advanced puck handling other than that he is a gem, and could probably be had for a good price.

However if Burke lets this guy walk I will have lost even more respect for him.

If there were a snowballs chance in hell that this could happen, Kenny should be on it like white on rice!!!

This kid has unlimited potential, and is a force tobe reckoned with.

He really needs to work with some one to develop his hands, if he could learn a little bit more advanced puck handling other than that he is a gem, and could probably be had for a good price.

However if Burke lets this guy walk I will have lost even more respect for him.

He has unlimited potential? Then we should offer him a 5m/20 year deal because by year 8 he'll be a ******* steal!!

He has unlimited potential? Then we should offer him a 5m/20 year deal because by year 8 he'll be a ******* steal!!

LOL you know what I meant!!!

Change it from unlimited to incredible, but he wings should sign him for 4mil 12 years that way if in his thirties he becomes a Bert instead of Shanny they can get rid of him.

LOL

Edited by Opie

You'll be surprised, a few teams will give RFA's contract offers this off-season.

There was a rumour after SC win that Penner re-signed 3-year extension worth 7 million.

But I have no source for this (only hfboards) and it hasn't been announced anywhere yet.

You'll be surprised, a few teams will give RFA's contract offers this off-season.

I guess im in for a surprise then! But regardless, as it pertains to this thread I dont see Detroit being one of those teams.

Well, i realize im going completely against what i said earlier in this thread....but after recent developments, if Holland really has some balls he should play hardball and make a big offer to Penner. One that Anaheim will really have to think twice about matching if theyre getting near the cap.

Well, i realize im going completely against what i said earlier in this thread....but after recent developments, if Holland really has some balls he should play hardball and make a big offer to Penner. One that Anaheim will really have to think twice about matching if theyre getting near the cap.

Anaheim STOLE Bertuzzi from us. Lets STEAL Penner from them.

DO IT< GET THESE BASTARDS BACK!!

And on top of that get a great young talent!!

Offer him 2.5-3 mil and 5 or 6 years and I bet he takes it.

And I would love to see a former Umaine -er in a winger wheel, well besides Jimmy!

DO IT< GET THESE BASTARDS BACK!!

And on top of that get a great young talent!!

Offer him 2.5-3 mil and 5 or 6 years and I bet he takes it.And I would love to see a former Umaine -er in a winger wheel, well besides Jimmy!

Problem is, thats an offer Anaheim will be able to match. You're going to have to REALLY overpay for him...but hell i'd rather drastically overpay for someone with a ton of potential than for someone like Guerin or Shanahan.

Then 4 mil 6 years Please, please, please. Man this team will be undersized. Who is next Marion gaborik.

Edited by Opie