• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Holland: Hard desicions must be made.

Rate this topic

Mark my words. 2.5 for Hasek is the biggest mistake ever.

We are not going to win a cup with him because our defense will be thinner and our offense still lacking that one player.

The season is going to come down to another make or break trade at the deadline, and we will have one less pick if we sign bert. Plus no cash because Hasek is greedy. Wouldn't the money from your clothes lines improve with a cup more then takign it from your teamates?

2.5 + incentives is a fair deal for hasek.

Sign Bertuzzi for 2.5 + incentives.

Sign Sarich for 3M

Sign Kozlov for 4M

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Homer

Kozlov - Filpulla - Bertuzzi

Franzen - Cleary - Grigorenko

Maltby - Draper - Kopecky

Hudler

Samuelson (trade?)

Lidstrom - Sarich

Kronwall - Lilja

Chelios - Lebda

Quincey

Hasek

Osgood

Or something

We are not going to win a cup with him because our defense will be thinner and our offense still lacking that one player.

The season is going to come down to another make or break trade at the deadline, and we will have one less pick if we sign bert. Plus no cash because Hasek is greedy. Wouldn't the money from your clothes lines improve with a cup more then takign it from your teamates?

Our defense will be thinner and our offense will still be lacking that one player because Dominik Hasek is making $2.5 million? You yourself said you'd be willing to sign him for $1.5. So you're telling me that $1 million made the difference between us having a Cup-caliber defense and not having one? Or not getting that "one player" on offense? Even if that $2.5 million figure is true, Hasek is still playing for HALF (or less) of what he probably should be making for what he brings to the table. That's not greed. This is the same guy that gave back money because he was injured. This is the same guy who basically made it so we had to give up next to nothing to acquire him in the first place.

If we don't have any cash at the deadline (which doesn't seem to be the case anyway, as Holland has already said he's going to save $2 million or so for that very reason) it won't be because Hasek is greedy. It'll be because we signed Maltby to a stupid contract, we signed Kronwall to a ridiculously stupid contract, Philly drove the price up on every free agent out there, and we caved to Datsyuk's agent twice (in signing him to a 2 year deal after the lockout and letting him become a FA that soon, as well as paying him a huge sum of money now that I'm still not convinced he's worth).

I'd argue that even at $2.5 million Hasek is still one of the biggest bargains in the league (not counting the guys on their rookie deals of course...obviously Crosby should be making the max). There's no goalie that can give us what he does for close to that price--and there's definitely no one like that on the market.

And BTW, if you let Hasek go this season isn't going to come down to a deal at the deadline. Because we won't be in the mix. It's not "a mistake" to pay a guy half of what he SHOULD be making, any way you slice it.

I mean, you do realize that $2.5 million is what Markov made last year right? Hasek's worth a helluva lot more than that....Like I said, it'd be nice if he'd take less money, but it'd also be nice if Kronwall wasn't stealing $3 million, and if Schneider wasn't looking for $5 million or so, and Datsyuk wasn't taking $6.7, and Lidstrom (who ALSO has plenty of money and whose career is winding down) wasn't making the max. But it's not the way it is....

And Hasek's the one who would still be making nothing close to the amount that he should be....

-Tim

i think we need hasek. Hes been awesome in the playoffs, theres no doubt about that. Its a really tough one between schneider and bertuzzi. Schneider has been incredible the past couple years, but hes getting older (38). Bertuzzi is only 32 and could stick around for a while but im a bit worried about him. He had a big suspension and back surgery so he's been out of the game for a while, although his last season with the canucks wasnt too shabby with 25 goals and 71 points. I just dont want him to turn out like Cujo or Hatcher... <_<

I'm pretty pissed that Hasek wants 2.5 plus incentives. He's worth it, but he's definitely screwing the team over. His career might've been over before last season if it weren't for the Wings, and now he's taking away money we could use towards putting a better team together.

No, he isn't screwing the team over.

No, it isn't.

Let's not get carried away here.

O/T: Just thank GOD we have Hank locked up for 2 more years @ $2.6 mil. He is easily the most underpaid player in the league IMHO. Just happens to be my favorite player too. :)

no doubt.

i just hope the Wings do the right thing in two years and make sure Henrik will never wear anything except the Winged Wheel :thumbup:

I just keep thinking, so many people here are so spoiled. Yea lets sign bert for 1.5, hasek for same as last year and schneids for 3, because the wings are so great and theyre actually so lucky to be here.. They should be grateful and take hometown discounts just like that? C'mon people, they are great players all three, back to reality now!

Two deals I wish we didn’t make were Kronwall and Maltby.

maltby plays for peanuts. he's one of the best bargains on our club.

for me, you take hasek and bert. leave schneider to his greed with some other team. i'm not all that concerned about replacing markov.

Hasek is nessessary to keep hands down. But I would also like to see Big Bert in the winged wheel once again. Markov was good but not all that great, and Matt had broken wrist. Seeing as how I broke mine about a year ago you can't tell me that his wrist will ever be the same. It would be less of a gamble on Bert to preform, and Hasek is just solid.

You’re taking Matt’s wrist injury over Bert’s Back!!! A broken wrist is a lot less severe than a back injury that even caused surgery! How is Bert less of a gamble?

I think the fact that Chelios signed for another year has given Kenny the ability to not need Scheinder, if Chelios had retired I think you would have seen Kenny jump all over him.

2.5 is more than I was hoping they will sign him for too, but even a steal of a deal for Dom would be him signing for 1.5 mill plus incentives. So you're talking about a difference of a million dollars.

If you want to point the finger at players who are allegedly greedy and taking money that could improve the team, Dom is hardly tops on that list.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Good point Harold this is the same guy who left 3 mil on the table under his own free will, Holland didn't even know he was going to do that.

Dom is the least greedy Wings player, who knows about NHLers but at least in this org he is.

Actually it is usually the opposite the longer some one is a UFA the more their price tends to drop. Like it was stated in another thread, the guys that are picked up in the first couple of days will get their asking price then guys will lower their prices. Some don't and end up getting what they want in the end and some wait and end up getting a lot less.

D'oh my bad thought you were talking in general, so then their price tag will stay the same unless some other team does something stupid like pay a guy like Timonen out the nose. Oh s*** that already happened!!

Easy question, which two do you pick?

Easy answer: Schneider and Hasek (and in that order).

You didn't even answer your own easy question, since you only picked one of the four. :) Come on, if you have to pick from that pool of four the answer IS, indeed, easy. ;) Bertuzzi is too much of a gamble given his price/uncertainty ratio, and Markov can't bring nowhere near the production Schneider gives to the team.

Edited by C-Dub

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

O/T: Just thank GOD we have Hank locked up for 2 more years @ $2.6 mil. He is easily the most underpaid player in the league IMHO. Just happens to be my favorite player too. :)

What about Crosby or Malkin lol?

Hasek and Schneider. This season is another retooling year anyways. It ain't like Jimmy H is coming in anytime soon, so I have no problem bringing back Mathieu, even at his price and age. Those two are a must.

As for Danny Markov, I changed my feelings towards him after this past season. I'd like to see him back too, if we could. But the market for d-men is not that bad, and maybe an upgrade can be had.

Bertuzzi? Oh well. He might light it up on a new team next year, but that's not a bet i'm going to take. Now unless Todd takes a 1-year deal at a decent salary, can we end this silly love affair already? The betting is he probably feels he's shown 'enough' to warrant a GM signing him to a 2 or 3 year contract, with the "hopes" the Bertuzzi of old will emerge again. I hope Holland isn't that dumb.

That would be great!

Unfortunately those aren't the projected salaries.

Hasek is looking for 3 right now.

He needs to quit listening to his damn lawyer and agent. He needs to ask himself..... does he want to play hockey to win or for the money? I am dissapointed.... after all his talk of being a 'competitor'. If that is what he wants.($)... go play for somebody else. I bet they still have the Hasek voodoo dolls in Ottawa-It's my feeling that he is worth $2.2-2.4 with incentives.

Schneider is looking for over 4.

D men are popular right now..... with their own teams.... but if he and agent want to test the waters, be my guest. I suspect they will hear alot of crikets chirping on the 1st of July..... the number of idiot teams out there, like the Flyers are pretty limited. His agent is forgetting that last years salary was negotiated pre-cap. He is not a great player, he is good. And looks better because he has played for the Wings

and Bert thinks he shouldn't have to take a big pay cut, so he will look for over 3.5 I hear 4.

My, how the worm turns,...... amazing.... he was just lucky to be picked up by the Wings, let alone any other team and now he is talking about not wanting to take a big pay cut???? Realistically speaking.... come on. He had back surgery - played what? 3 months of the season last year..... including the rush to medoicrity with the Wings... was re-injured in the play offs, really did not perform..... And that is not even mentioning the friggin bagggage he carries, legally, emotionally, and with the league -he needs to be cutting a really light deal..... like a year..... $1-1.5 million depending - maybe get himself some performance bonuses..... if he is supposed to be a role player here.... he is going to have to prove he plays the role to earn the bucks. Besides, again here we have another player failing to take into consideration that their previous salary was negotiated and set BEFORE the salary cap. I mean, I like Bert and everything..... but geez..... you have to live in the real world.

]