• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BowmansBrain

Which of the 7 'big' names get into the Hall this year?

Rate this topic

Messier heads HHOF list

According to TSN Mark Messier, Igor Larionov, Ron Francis, Scott Stevens, Al MacInnis, Adam Oates, & claude lemieux are all eligible to be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame this year. However 4 seems to be the usual maxium number that get put through each year. Messier is a sure thing. Who does everyone like for the other 3 spots? I am going with.....

1. Messier

2. Larionov

3. Stevens

4. Francis

Though I hate to make MacInnis wait. But if they only pick 4, I say go with these guys.

I agree with your picks . :thumbup: Messier is a lock , Larionov , Stevens and Francis are also deserving of being inducted into the hall of fame. Sadly for them I'm thinking that MacInnis and Oates miss out this time, but their time will come. As for the Turtle .....I'm going to let my bias win the day and say that little puke should only get near the hall of fame if he's the janitor and cleaning out the public toilets. :P:lol:

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

Messier heads HHOF list

According to TSN Mark Messier, Igor Larionov, Ron Francis, Scott Stevens, Al MacInnis, Adam Oates, & claude lemieux are all eligible to be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame this year. However 4 seems to be the usual maxium number that get put through each year. Messier is a sure thing. Who does everyone like for the other 3 spots? I am going with.....

1. Messier

2. Larionov

3. Stevens

4. Francis

Though I hate to make MacInnis wait. But if they only pick 4, I say go with these guys.

I love Larionov for what he did for the Wings, but no way he deserves to be ahead of Messier, Stevens, Francis or MacInnis.

1. Messier

2. Stevens

3. Francis

4. MacInnis

-------------

5. Larionov

6. Oates

7. D-Bag

Guest DetroitIan

Messier heads HHOF list

1. Messier

2. Larionov

3. Stevens

4. Francis

Agreed completely.

According to TSN Mark Messier, Igor Larionov, Ron Francis, Scott Stevens, Al MacInnis, Adam Oates, & claude lemieux are all eligible to be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame this year. However 4 seems to be the usual maxium number that get put through each year. Messier is a sure thing. Who does everyone like for the other 3 spots? I am going with....

1 mark messier (lock)

2 ron francis ( one of the all time leaders in pts,won a few cups and was a leader , he'll make it in guaranteed i believe)

3 al macinnis ( won a cup and the mvp , one of the leaders in goals )

4 adam oates ( one of the all time leaders in assists)

missing out i say is stevens , larionov and lemieux

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

1. Messier

2. Larionov

3. Stevens

4. MacInnis

I think Francis & Oates will have to wait. Claude may be in line for a while. Although, the guy did win in the playoffs, which a lot of true hockey lovers count as being hall of fame worthy.

Can't wait for Yzerman's year... 2010 I think.

Messier

Larionov

Lemieux

Stevens

As much as I hate seeing Lemieux's name up there, I think he'll weasel his way in this year

how can you not have francis ?? he won 2 cups brought carolina 2 the finals , was a leader and ended his career with ..

NHL Totals 1731 549 1249 1798

thats a great career

TBH and not a homer, there's plenty of argument for Larionov to be at the bottom of that list.

Not when you take his international career into account. It's the Hockey Hall of Fame, not the NHL Hall of Fame.

I love Larionov for what he did for the Wings, but no way he deserves to be ahead of Messier, Stevens, Francis or MacInnis.

1. Messier

2. Stevens

3. Francis

4. MacInnis

-------------

5. Larionov

6. Oates

7. D-Bag

agreed with you 100 % about larionov .........he wont get in this year

The Hall is not just based on what a player did in the NHL. Larionov is Mr. Hockey in Russia and did alot to clear the path for other Russian to play in North America. I am not saying he goes in ahead of Messier Stevens, or Francis. But when you add his 3 cups with the Wings in, I believe he goes in ahead of MacInnis, Oates, & the turtle.

Not when you take his international career into account. It's the Hockey Hall of Fame, not the NHL Hall of Fame.

That, I will agree with, but he still doesn't beat any of the top 4 I have listed, IMO.

His international numbers combined with his NHL are well beyond impressive, but looking at the numbers for Oates and Turtle vs. Igor makes things very debatable.

Larionov: 1,402 GP, 383 Goals, 724 Assists, 1,107 Points, +104, 3 Stanley Cups, 2 Olympic Golds, 1 Olympic Bronze (Total career including international play)

Oates: 1,337 GP, 341 Goals, 1,079 Assists, 1,420 Points, +35

Turtle: 1,197 GP, 379 Goals, 406 Assists, 785 Points, +18, 4 Stanley Cups, 1 Conn Smythe Trophy

It's pretty hard to argue that (what I consider) the bottom three aren't debatable based on their careers.

The Hall is not just based on what a player did in the NHL. Larionov is Mr. Hockey in Russia and did alot to clear the path for other Russian to play in North America. I am not saying he goes in ahead of Messier Stevens, or Francis. But when you add his 3 cups with the Wings in, I believe he goes in ahead of MacInnis, Oates, & the turtle.

I know that. That's secondary to what I said in my initial post.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

That brings up a good point, the numbers allowed into the hall came up in an era when there were a lot less teams and therefore a lot less players. As we get into an era with more and more guys have deserving numbers, it brings up an interesting question. Should the Hall expand the number of people allowed in a year, or allow players more years of eligibility.

You have to look at the players with eligibility getting ready to expire and the players whose eligibility has just started.

Fair enough, but I still don't think he's ahead of MacInnis. I will give you Oates & Turtle, but as I said earlier, even that's up for debate.

I totally agree with the numbers thing.

And by the numbers thing

Dino is in and The Turtle never makes it!!!

Also, how did Cam Neely sneak in? I liked the guy like everyone else but he only played 700+ games and never had one 100 point season.

Just a question.

Cicarelli isn't getting in anytime soon because of off the ice issues.

1. Messier

2. Larionov

3. Stevens

4. MacInnis

Larionov damn well better be getting in, he paved the way for Russian players in America, had amazing vision and passing ability, and as was previously said, was a huge member of a lot of the Russian national teams.

Not being a dick and trying to point out errors, but I thought Fetisov was the one who paved the way for the Russians. If not I have been telling lies so some one please straighten me out!

i just cant help but find it funny how most of you didnt put ron francis on your list , hes been underrated his whole career and i guess hes still getting under appreciated it after , he was a really good player and will get in this year for sure , won cups , carried carolina to the finals and ended his career with one of the highest point totals ever

NHL Totals 1731 549 1249 1798

playoffs .....171 46 97 143

Cicarelli isn't getting in anytime soon because of off the ice issues.

1. Messier

2. Larionov

3. Stevens

4. MacInnis

Larionov damn well better be getting in, he paved the way for Russian players in America, had amazing vision and passing ability, and as was previously said, was a huge member of a lot of the Russian national teams.

ya i agree about dino ........dont forget glenn anderson isnt in yet cause of problems as well

Not being a dick and trying to point out errors, but I thought Fetisov was the one who paved the way for the Russians. If not I have been telling lies so some one please straighten me out!

You haven't been telling lies: both guys had a lot to do with breaking the Iron Curtain of Hockey. Fetisov is unfairly somewhat less highly regarded in NA than Larionov, due to style of play (Slava was a beast, Igor was, well, "The Professor").

<---My Guy, and I'm thinking he makes it in this year due to political considerations. IMHO, he deserves it ANYWAY!

All Dino did was:

1 Indecent Exposure arrest

Knocked the hell out of Luke Richardson with a stick in 88 and got 1 day in jail (shows he was ahead of his time)

And gotten in fights with the media.

All of this probably cause he is tired of getting screwed by the HHOF!

Edited by HuntsVegas Baby