• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Nhl Should Start Using A New Rule

Rate this topic

I really think the nhl should re-think their trade deadline way of working, sure i have no probleme the way trades happen and stuff, but the only thing that bothers me is that the players plays on a team that is not making the playoffs and then just goes to a team that the other players have worked their ass'es off so they can get their and just play for an extra 2-3 months and on top of everything return to their previous team.

Sure i am not complaining about the fact that the new player arrives in a pretty much playoff team or anything but im complaining the fact that they actually leave and return to their previous team. The Nhl should put a rule that after being traded in the year ... for the next year you cannot return to your previous team. Its just a piss off that you trade away your picks or your players and still lose the player you got in return... It's not that bad if your on the other side tho you get more picks ... new players ... and your old player back ... its kind of not fair ... anyways thats just my opinion ...

Any thoughts?

Oh and im not saying that the player cant sign anywhere else ... the only place he cant sign is his previous team that traded him away.

I really think the nhl should re-think their trade deadline way of working, sure i have no probleme the way trades happen and stuff, but the only thing that bothers me is that the players plays on a team that is not making the playoffs and then just goes to a team that the other players have worked their ass'es off so they can get their and just play for an extra 2-3 months and on top of everything return to their previous team.

Sure i am not complaining about the fact that the new player arrives in a pretty much playoff team or anything but im complaining the fact that they actually leave and return to their previous team. The Nhl should put a rule that after being traded in the year ... for the next year you cannot return to your previous team. Its just a piss off that you trade away your picks or your players and still lose the player you got in return... It's not that bad if your on the other side tho you get more picks ... new players ... and your old player back ... its kind of not fair ... anyways thats just my opinion ...

Any thoughts?

Oh and im not saying that the player cant sign anywhere else ... the only place he cant sign is his previous team that traded him away.

I strongly disagree. If a team pulls this off, more power to them.

Say Team X trades with Team Y for Player A. Team X loses in the second round of the playoffs. July 1st comes along and Player A signs with Team Z. How does this make the loss of everything sent to Team Y from Team X in the trade for Player A any more or less worthwhile?

Besides, it could help a guy like Tkachuk win a Cup, and still retire with the team he wishes.

I don't see it changing because owners love it.

If their team is out of playoff contention, they can save themselves some money at the end of the season by dumping a few months salary (like Tkachuk's) and letting him go to another team, but still have the option of keeping him on the team next year.

On the other side, a team making the playoffs can get the benefit of bringing in a player and only having to pay a couple months of his salary. If that player helps the team win one more playoff game at home, it pretty much covers the cost of bringing him there.

For the owners and players, it's almost always a win-win.

For the owners and players, it's almost always a win-win.

On top of that, I say the team that's willing to bargain that heavily deserves the risk they take.

If you want to pick up a top soon-to-be UFA, you'd better be sure those picks or players are worth it.

Most importantly, it adds excitement to the game. The trade deadline is one of the most exciting days of the year and it spices up the season the rest of the way.

I echo what HS has said, as well some of the other comments made of the like. While I can understand the reasoning about not wanting a player to be able to return to the team that they were traded from before the deadline, keep in mind that those teams that traded away their talent weren't in playoff contention, and the majority of them aren't leaps and bounds better the following season. Yet teams like Detroit, Dallas, Ottawa and New Jersey continue to make the playoffs year after year. These are the so-called "victims" if their respective trade deadline acquisitions just up and walk, yet every year it seems these teams find away to be at the top of the standings. There's a reason for that.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25