• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
detroitdan

Peca?

Rate this topic

Just putting his name out there...he's a UFA and said that he doesn't expect to go back to Toronto...I know there are guys like Draper, Maltby, Franzen, and Cleary to kill penalties but he's a decent player andd has been captain of two different teams...I don't know how much he'll ask for but he might be worth considering if the price is right

Just putting his name out there...he's a UFA and said that he doesn't expect to go back to Toronto...I know there are guys like Draper, Maltby, Franzen, and Cleary to kill penalties but he's a decent player andd has been captain of two different teams...I don't know how much he'll ask for but he might be worth considering if the price is right

You just defeated your purpose. I know you are not too serious about this but Peca is not what we need. Peca could play for free for Detroit and I still would not want him.

While Peca is still one of the best defensive centermen in the game, we already have the best, Draper. Aside from Draper, we have plenty of centers. If one is brought in, it should be someone who could anchor the second line.

What be wrong wit havin' two?

Get er done Kenny!

Our priorities:

- Top line defenseman (If Schneider leaves)

- Top 2 line scoring winger (If Bertuzzi leaves)

Responsible, defensive minded forwards are already there for us. Zetterberg, Cleary, Draper, Maltby, Franzen, Filpulla, and even Datsyuk. The Red Wings are full of Pecas, it's about time we start thinking about some... Kozlovs? :P

While Peca is still one of the best defensive centermen in the game, we already have the best, Draper. Aside from Draper, we have plenty of centers. If one is brought in, it should be someone who could anchor the second line.

Draper isn't even the best defensive center on the TEAM.

Very true, everyone overlooks Dats Defensive ability because his offense is so good, then you ahve Zetterberg, while playing wing is technically a center.

I think both are better in their own end then Draper, which is saying a lot!!

Draper isn't even the best defensive center on the TEAM.

That's why he is the shut down guy.... :unsure:

Pav and Hank are good, but Drapes is a better defensive center, hands down. Not to take anything away from what the Eurotwins can do in the d-zone, but Draper is just better.

Guest Crymson

We need scoring, and Peca--while quite good defensively--is a poor offensive player with an ego problem. Being captain of a team does not mean that one is a good leader. Take his holdout in Buffalo as an example.

That's why he is the shut down guy.... :unsure:

Pav and Hank are good, but Drapes is a better defensive center, hands down. Not to take anything away from what the Eurotwins can do in the d-zone, but Draper is just better.

Zetterberg is better defensively than Draper. Had Z remained healthy, he'd have had an excellent chance at winning the Selke.

Guest Crymson

What be wrong wit havin' two?

Get er done Kenny!

I can't really tell lately if you're being absurd in two ways--that is, pirate and :thumbup: Mike Peca--or just in the the whole pirate lingo.

I'm sure you're aware that Mike Peca is useless to us.

Guest jaytan

I'd be pretty happy with Peca on the Wings, but I don't see it happening.

For some reason ive always been attracted to the idea of Peca playing for the Wings. If he can be signed for in or around 1 million, i say go for him.

In my eyes he is just as good defensively as Draper, with added scoring potential. Plus he is three years younger.

Problem is...is there a need for him AND Draper on the Wings?

I'm with BeeRYCE: we need vyecheslav kozlov! If the wings get kozlov they could run what I think would be two dominant lines -- Zetts-Dats-Homer & Slava-Flip-Franzen... of course Zetts and Kozlov would be interchangeable if you have a thing for pairing up the Rushkis

Guest Crymson

For some reason ive always been attracted to the idea of Peca playing for the Wings. If he can be signed for in or around 1 million, i say go for him.

In my eyes he is just as good defensively as Draper, with added scoring potential. Plus he is three years younger.

Problem is...is there a need for him AND Draper on the Wings?

In recent seasons, Draper has had greater scoring potential than has Peca.

Is there room for both of them? No. We'd be adding a player who can't score.