• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
OsGOD

Jeremy Roenick?

Rate this topic

the captain of LGW, as with morgan is a gent. Understandin' me crews natterin' is not that hard I am glad you be pickin' it up mate.

Oh and I do intend t' keep it up... thar is no harm in breakin' away from a preconcei'ed mold, gar!

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: and once again my avatar has nothing i repeat nothing to do with the way i talk and act,i just find it odd that a grown man carries himself around like a scallywag pirate.with that said good day to you :unsure:

I enjoyed the pirate thing for a while. Its fun to joke around in the Water Cooler with that stuff. But seriously, when I see your posts here, I tend to skip them since it takes too long for me to make sense of some of the things you are writing. Which is a shame cause you tend to have nice ideas/topics. The pirate talk is too hard on my brain!

:thumbup::thumbup:

Agreed. Funny for a while, but now... mostly skipping your posts. Love to have the real Osgod back, not that I ever knew the real Osgod.

Did you have a mental breakdown after the playoffs Cap'n?

Because of Osgod I can speak fluent Pirate now!!!

It used to take me 5-10 minutes to figure out what he/she was saying. Then I drank a bottle of Captain Morgan's, read his/her post and all of the sudden boom it made sense.

In all seriousness keep the pirate thing up, too many people (myself included at times) take these boards too serious!!

:clap::thumbup:

I enjoyed the pirate thing for a while. Its fun to joke around in the Water Cooler with that stuff. But seriously, when I see your posts here, I tend to skip them since it takes too long for me to make sense of some of the things you are writing. Which is a shame cause you tend to have nice ideas/topics. The pirate talk is too hard on my brain!

Aye, t' each their own... the only thin' changin' is the way I type the words out... the message is the same. If some choose t' ignore what Me have t' say, so be it... I am not out har t' try t' impress e'eryone if a superious intellect. if people care enough t' read posts and get the message from it... they sure as heck... others can just simply pass on my posts. Not my loss either way.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Agreed. Funny for a while, but now... mostly skipping your posts. Love to have the real Osgod back, not that I ever knew the real Osgod.

Did you have a mental breakdown after the playoffs Cap'n?

Arrr, no actually opie got it right... people on this shanty men be too damn serious and "try" t' be politically correct all the time. I just got sick o' all and mightily, me just started not t' care what other people thought. Me am goin' t' do thin's that make me happy... if that includes natterin' like a pirate, who is anyone else t' judge. Aye, me parrot #3 concurs.

and once again my avatar has nothing i repeat nothing to do with the way i talk and act,i just find it odd that a grown man carries himself around like a scallywag pirate.with that said good day to you :unsure:

and I ask who be you the one t' judge how a grown man is supposed t' act on a message board? Perhaps since I am older than you by a few years, I have found this is the way a "grown" man is supposed t' act on a message board. Life is too short, gi'e up the I am more grown up than you s***... that is just as tiresome.

Edited by OsGOD

Aye, t' each their own... the only thin' changin' is the way I type the words out... the message is the same. If some choose t' ignore what Me have t' say, so be it... I am not out har t' try t' impress e'eryone if a superious intellect. if people care enough t' read posts and get the message from it... they sure as heck... others can just simply pass on my posts. Not my loss either way.

Arrr, no actually opie got it right... people on this shanty men be too damn serious and "try" t' be politically correct all the time. I just got sick o' all and mightily, me just started not t' care what other people thought. Me am goin' t' do thin's that make me happy... if that includes natterin' like a pirate, who is anyone else t' judge. Aye, me parrot #3 concurs.

and I ask who be you the one t' judge how a grown man is supposed t' act on a message king's men? Perhaps since I am older than you by a few years, I have found this is the way a "grown" man is supposed t' act on a message rapscallions. Life is too short, gi'e up the I am more grown up than you s***... that is just as tiresome.

:clap: I's be concurin wit' ye Cap'n ....and parrot # 3 ..... there be to many serious people be on th's board....aye!!! :thumbup:

:clap: I's be concurin wit' ye Cap'n ....and parrot # 3 ..... there be to many serious people be on th's board....aye!!! :thumbup:

Arrr, i am not breakin' any king's men rules by the way I am typin'... I am not directly insultin' anyone (although the tempation is abundent sometimes in rebutles t' the comments pointed at me) I have a message when I type, those that choose t' spend and extra second o' their uptight li'es t' read what Me have t' say will be entertained and enlightened. All others, all i can say is, maybe my message was nah meant for your eyes anyways.

I have to jump in here one more time and say that there was a time when a person on here could post a thought or an idea and not be ridiculed and insulted because they think player x is a viable option for the wings. Unfortunately with the rise in popularity of this board, the number of close minded people and people who cannot openly debate or discuss topics has also risen. Now not saying anyone involved in this discussion is one of either of those people you all know who and what you are. However, I consider myself a pretty open minded person but I find myself in these threads arguing with people I have never met over whether or not player a is worth more money than player b, but player c brings more intangibles to the game and should be signed over all others.

We all have our opinions and our ideas, what needs to be enforced is the FACT that ideas and opinions are just that they are not FACT.

2 things I have grown to despise about this board:

-Having to type IMO every time I post something.

-Reading a thread that is now 100 feet long because two people are arguing (not debating) about a player or a rule or team.

Some of the people that have been on here for a while may be able to remember this:

WHEN THE BOARD HAD NO FORUM RULES!!!!

Oh those were the days!!! When we all followed the rules of common courtesy and good ole fashioned human decency!!

Edit: ARRR

Edited by Opie

Arrr, i am not breakin' any king's men rules by the way I am typin'... I am not directly insultin' anyone (although the tempation is abundent sometimes in rebutles t' the comments pointed at me) I have a message when I type, those that choose t' spend and extra second o' their uptight li'es t' read what Me have t' say will be entertained and enlightened. All others, all i can say is, maybe my message was nah meant for your eyes anyways.

I's be concurin wit' ye Cap'n ....so does me monkey.....there's be to many uptight pirate's that be on here who need's tae be chillin oot.....aye!!!!.

I's also be thinkin that th' one they call JR would be's able tae still dae a job for th' Wings......for th' right price , i's be sayin though...Arrggghh!!!

First let me say cheers to Osgod and his 'natterin'. If that DOESN"T bring a bit of a smile to your face, then....

JR eh? I hate that guys guts, but he'd definitely give us a new LGW official whipping boy now that Lazy and Sucks is gone.

That and who knows he might have a little gas left in the tank.. when's the last time he played for a GOOD team?

htrhis is whagt its tgdslgike triyng sfdgd to readaed ghthe piratete thing ever gdy tsingle post its cofdyhfl and everhfgfhything but gh aferet the first coup[relge of psots it cans get exrgtem,lyely haaradrd to readaed on a adfaregular basisisc

While I do agree it can be hard to read on a regular basis, it is possible and with little to no effort after reading his posts (and drinking heavily) you get the gist!!

LOL just kidding about the drinking part, continuing the Captain morgan's joke!!

Edited by Opie

htrhis is whagt its tgdslgike triyng sfdgd to readaed ghthe piratete thing ever gdy tsingle post its cofdyhfl and everhfgfhything but gh aferet the first coup[relge of psots it cans get exrgtem,lyely haaradrd to readaed on a adfaregular basisisc

Aye and wat is wrong with that natterin' ?

Arrr, although you will need t' brush up on your accent a bit as it is a bit choppy... but on a regular basis... will clean up.

Edited by OsGOD

I have to jump in here one more time and say that there was a time when a person on here could post a thought or an idea and not be ridiculed and insulted because they think player x is a viable option for the wings. Unfortunately with the rise in popularity of this board, the number of close minded people and people who cannot openly debate or discuss topics has also risen. Now not saying anyone involved in this discussion is one of either of those people you all know who and what you are. However, I consider myself a pretty open minded person but I find myself in these threads arguing with people I have never met over whether or not player a is worth more money than player b, but player c brings more intangibles to the game and should be signed over all others.

We all have our opinions and our ideas, what needs to be enforced is the FACT that ideas and opinions are just that they are not FACT.

2 things I have grown to despise about this board:

-Having to type IMO every time I post something.

-Reading a thread that is now 100 feet long because two people are arguing (not debating) about a player or a rule or team.

Some of the people that have been on here for a while may be able to remember this:

WHEN THE BOARD HAD NO FORUM RULES!!!!

Oh those were the days!!! When we all followed the rules of common courtesy and good ole fashioned human decency!!

Edit: ARRR

If Osgod talking like a pirate could bring back peace and harmony to these boards, I'm all for it.

Opie, I agree that it seems odd how some people in these forums feel the need to put people down or scoff at their ideas. I for one have stopped from responding or posting a thread because I'd rather not endure the abuse. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion, but far too often things become personal or a chance for someone to prove how mentally superior they are to someone else.

If you need to prove your manhood (or womanhood) by jousting with someone on the interweb, you need to get out more often. Life is short, read a book, plant a tree, talk like a pirate or play some street hockey with the kids on your block.

I wouldnt bet on Roenick coming here.

So basically, what you're saying is the Cap'n persona should be given the Hook?

I'd take the Roenick from NHL '94 in a heartbeat though! You could not check the guy!

Or that Yzerfan's getting Bluebeards from anticipation of that? Ba-da-dump!

If you need to prove your manhood (or womanhood) by jousting with someone on the interweb, you need to get out more often. Life is short, read a book, plant a tree, talk like a pirate or play some street hockey with the kids on your block.

Plant a tree? You have some people that hug them for crying out loud! :crazy::P

Get it?! HOOK?! PIRATE?!?!!? AH HA HA HA HA HA!

/laugh embelishment

That was pretty damn funny though Lou. ;)

Because of Osgod I can speak fluent Pirate now!!!

It used to take me 5-10 minutes to figure out what he/she was saying. Then I drank a bottle of Captain Morgan's, read his/her post and all of the sudden boom it made sense.

In all seriousness keep the pirate thing up, too many people (myself included at times) take these boards too serious!!

I's bein' agree wit' ye. half th' time I dont be postin' in threads because th' scallywags be sword fightin' each o'her an' I'd rather keepin' my head as opossed t' gettin' it bit off.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: and once again my avatar has nothing i repeat nothing to do with the way i talk and act,i just find it odd that a grown man carries himself around like a scallywag pirate.with that said good day to you :unsure:

ye be th' one tha' be talkin' about bein' "grown up" and all this an' yet ye be changin' ye avatar t' th' anti-pirate logo? let me be tellin' ye....mighty mature an' grown up!! :clap: (consequently, where did ye be findin' tha' pirate? it be lookin' a lot like me high school mascot)

I'd take the Roenick from NHL '94 in a heartbeat though! You could not check the guy!

Or that Yzerfan's getting Bluebeards from anticipation of that? Ba-da-dump!

I dont get it... :unsure: Was it some kind of blue balls joke?

I don't care either way if he posts in pirate talk or not - i just said its funny at times, but I've started to skip them over because it takes to long for me to understand what the dude is trying to say. I would HOPE that by the time next season starts he is back to talking normally so I can read his posts without having to sound out every word...at least in the GD.

But by all means if you enjoy it and so do some others, keep talking that way.

ye be th' one tha' be talkin' about bein' "grown up" and all this an' yet ye be changin' ye avatar t' th' anti-pirate logo? let me be tellin' ye....mighty mature an' grown up!! :clap: (consequently, where did ye be findin' tha' pirate? it be lookin' a lot like me high school mascot)

Ahoy, that is kind o' funny, the crew had successfully broken int' their mind. Honestly though, mockery is a sign o' flatery just at the le'el whar ye would ne'er be able t' attain the "coolness" of th' item ye be mockin'. Me for one am flattard that they have chosen t' fly the pirate likeness in their a'atar. You do have a 'alid point, I wonder what high school that heshe hates so bad and why heshe hate them all o' th sudden? :huh:

Anyways, back t' the topic at hand... Me crack up at the amount defintely No answers we get... when no one mightily knows how he would play on this and this atmoshphar. Like Me said before... I do nah care how he plays on the team as long as he in the #97 Red & Sweater :) Aye, me parrot #3 concurs.

Edited by OsGOD

If he decided to play for next to nothing, which from what I have seen and heard from JR, he is way to arrogant to take a step backwards pay wise.

If he decided to play for next to nothing, which from what I have seen and heard from JR, he is way to arrogant to take a step backwards pay wise.

he did take a huge paycut from the last 2 seasons.... in fact he shed 6.3 million Off his salary t' get the 1.2 he recei'ed last year... That be me is not someone who has too much o' an ego t' take a cut. Gar.

Arrr, heck if he signs har He Needs t' make more than lil' Ja, argh!

http://www.hockeyzoneplus.com/search/salar...searchdbdisplay