• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Curban915

Kariya may test market

Rate this topic

Well everyone on her says we need a guy that can just put the puck in the net i think he can do that. We would also mostlikely be able to sign bert also. did you watch how the wings played in the playoffs i think we got the ppl in house to hit and score with out having to spend the money. i'm just as sick with the thought of him as a wing but i bet there were a few that did the same about Dom this year. Also with chelly when he joined the wings just somethng to think about.

Edited by Curban915

I'm kinda surprised to say that I'd be alright with Kariya on the Wings. I liked him when he first hit the league, then I got sick of him, but I like him again lately. Granted, I really haven't followed him that intently, but he seems like a bit less of a pansy than he used to be. A little grittier since Scott Stevens almost killed him. Not gritty gritty, just not so much like "Princess Kariya..." If the price is right, it could be good. I think it'd be a better deal than Smyth as he'd likely be cheaper and it addresses an area we could use a bit more help in. Then again, the idea of having the two best netcrashers in the league is quite tantilizing...

That might be the one thing that would make selanne not retire quite yet , i wouldnt be surprised if kariya signed a 1 yr deal to go back

That is one thing I failed to mention. It is very true. Selanne and Kariya would look at that as one last hoora for them to win a cup together.

Kariya WILL test the market. Nashville, IIRC, has said that they will not resign him. They don't have the $$$.

Never said we wouldn't re-sign him. In fact there are rumors that he's about to sign for 2 more years. Those died down a little and now saying he'll test the market. As far as $$$ is concerned, we really need to sign kariya to eat up some cap space. We're somewhere around $9M below the cap floor with 3-4 players to sign.

As for where he'd fit with the Wings. Well, he's more of passer than a goal scorer. He's got a great shot, but if you look back at his career, you can see that he's definitely more of a playmaking setup guy..

Edited by Legionnaire11

The Preds can definitely afford Kariya. It seems more a question of if he wants to sign with the Nashville when things are so uncertain at the moment.

As for his fit on the Wings, I like his speed, not his size. He's got a good shot but isn't really the pure sniper many people think the Wings need.

That would not be good duck already have a good team as it is.

Whatever other teams are likely, Anaheim is definitely one of them.

Kariya... I'm not sure if he'd work out here (he's be a great addition w/o a doubt though), but the yes/no really doesn't matter because we won't get him, anyway. I'd be surprised if we picked up Ryan Smyth as it is.

We don't need a big name. We need just Jeff O'neill to restructure his career. He is just wasted talent at that s***ty Toronto.

Holmström - Datsyuk - O'Neill (1.5)

Franzen - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Cleary - Filppula - Bertuzzi (2.0 + bonuses)

Kopecky - Draper - Maltby

(Hudler, Grigorenko)

Swap Bert and Homer if you have problem with those lines.

Lidström - Markov (2.5)

Kronwall - Preissing (3.0)

Lebda - Chelios

(Lilja)

Hasek (2.5 + bonuses)

Osgood

Total 44,5 million without the bonuses.

Edited by Henkka

We don't need a big name. We need just Jeff O'neill to restructure his career. He is just wasted talent at that s***ty Toronto.

Holmström - Datsyuk - O'Neill (1.5)

Franzen - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Cleary - Filppula - Bertuzzi (2.0 + bonuses)

Kopecky - Draper - Maltby

(Hudler, Grigorenko)

Swap Bert and Homer if you have problem with those lines.

Lidström - Markov (2.5)

Kronwall - Preissing (3.0)

Lebda - Chelios

(Lilja)

Hasek (2.5 + bonuses)

Osgood

Total 44,5 million without the bonuses.

Jeff O'Neil?! That's a good one! :lol:

A few other problems, Franzen is not a 2nd line winger, and you can't list Flip ahead of Draper on the depth chart. Not gunna happen. Markov won't take the same salary he made last season, he will get a raise even at a hometown discount. And there is no way Ottawa lets Preissing walk away for $3, it would take a lot more to pry him away.

Guest Crymson

You also might find a shrink to fix his phobia of flying.