• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Superman54

Center Ice Question

Rate this topic

ya i got it , its like 200 .......but your gonna get screwed on some flames games cause of those lame ass pay per view garbage .... all the canadian teams except mtl and toronto did , i missed a ottawa vs detroit game cause i wasnt gonna spend 15 games for one individual game

ya i got it , its like 200 .......but your gonna get screwed on some flames games cause of those lame ass pay per view garbage .... all the canadian teams except mtl and toronto did , i missed a ottawa vs detroit game cause i wasnt gonna spend 15 games for one individual game

I'm pretty sure I only paid about $180 or so.

I'm pretty sure I only paid about $180 or so.

well i did say like 200 lol :P .........180-200 , same ballpark :P im sure an extra 20 bucks wouldnt stop him from getting center ice , but if hes also a flames fan those pay per view games can be a real ***** especially if its the wings vs flames , 15 bucks per game is laughable

Does anyone know when the NHL network is going to be avalible in the states on a wide scale?

Best thing to do is keep calling Direct TV and/or Dish Network and complain. Not that they will listen, but keep bitching. I've been on Direct TV's case for years on it. I'd gladly give up the football, basketball, soccer, horse racing, tennis, golf, home shopping and religious channels to have the NHL network on my satellite. Of course, I want C-SPAN 3 too, and you see how far I've got on that.

if you get it before a certain time i thinks its like 130

I don't think so, I think the $180 that I paid was actually a discount. Since I am an annual subscriber, the next year is automatically renewed, so you really can't get there any earlier than I do.

Last year for charter cable they run it free for like the first two weeks of the season to get you hooked then they take it away from you. during that time too if you call its only 140. but that still was a little to much for a college person to pull off.

Charter Cable = :puke:

I live 30 miles north of Milwaukee & had to switch from Time Warner to Charter for cable tv; man what a horrible experience it was...In my area they didn't offer Center Ice, & just this past spring when the playoffs began they dropped VERSUS...Sure glad I got the DISH Network last fall :thumbup:

Ya they ran this thing in our area that said they are dropping VERSUS and to call if you still want it. they had so many calls that we shut down their whole phone service and they had resigned with VERSUS within the next 48 hours and then they started to run a message asking people to stop calling because they weren't going to drop it anymore.

What exactly is the "NHL Network" ?

The NHL network is a TSN run station (I believe) that only talks hockey all day long. It's great on game nights because they'll have in-studio analysts that will go through every game showing highlights and analyse them.

It's really the next best thing to having the Centre Ice Package.

Also, during the day, they'll show programs like NHL All Access or Chasing the Dream. Both of those programs are awesome. They'll also show documentaries on past players, show classic games, have hockey shows with deep analysis.

It's awesome. Unfortunately for US fans, I don't think you'll ever get this station because of it's affiliation to TSN. Just like Canadians will never get ESPN.

The Centre Ice Package is awesome too. But I have to tell you, from watching the Oilers PPV games, Oilers fans are getting ripped off. The production feels as if it's coming from someones basement and the 'announcers' sound so amateurish it's laughable.

if you get it before a certain time i thinks its like 130

130??? where do you live ? i want that deal lmao

btw does it piss anyone else off that centre ice always leave the game feed when the game is over ?? We dont get to see the interviews witht he players after or the thoughts of the game by the commentators , the stars ...etc..

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

btw does it piss anyone else off that centre ice always leave the game feed when the game is over ?? We dont get to see the interviews witht he players after or the thoughts of the game by the commentators , the stars ...etc..

Yeah, call me crazy, but I'd like to see the 3 stars and the post game interviews as well.

I'm sure it's a money deal. Once the game is over, the interviews and such become property of the network/station doing them and it would probably cost CI money to continue airing the feeds. Also, the satellite/cable usage(bandwidth) has to have some sort of price tag attached to it as well.

Edited by FireCaptain

Yeah, I hate that too. Especially for VS broadcasts. People might complain that they aren't in any homes but they put on a great show. Their pre-game and post-game shows are awesome and way better than any ESPN broadcast I've seen.

NHL Network is coming to the US. Verrrry slowly tho. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_Network_%28United_States%29

Comcast is a major sponsor.

Here's Canucky version. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_Network_%28Canada%29

If you're serious about this happening I'd be over the moon. I've wanted NHL Network for years. I'd gladly dump a whole lot of the crap I have on satellite that I never wanted to have this. I don't watch football, basketball, horse racing, golf, tennis, home shopping channels, religious tv, and I don't get the soccer channel. I'd dump all that to get the NHL.

If you're serious about this happening I'd be over the moon. I've wanted NHL Network for years. I'd gladly dump a whole lot of the crap I have on satellite that I never wanted to have this. I don't watch football, basketball, horse racing, golf, tennis, home shopping channels, religious tv, and I don't get the soccer channel. I'd dump all that to get the NHL.

I love the NHL All Acess and Chasing the Dream programs. They're usually very entertaining.

In Chasing the Dream they followed the Johnstown Cheifs around for a while. To say these players are a bit nutty is an understatment. In another season they followed the Wilkes-Barre Penguins around. It was Colby Armstrong's first year as a pro and it was funny to see some of the adaptions he needed to make for the faster, more physical hockey.

Really good stuff.

NHL Network is coming to the US. Verrrry slowly tho. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_Network_%28United_States%29

Comcast is a major sponsor.

Here's Canucky version. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_Network_%28Canada%29

Awesome if this holds true I will be happier than a pig in s***. Sorry that I didn't clarify as to what it was whoever it was that asked.

The NHL network is a TSN run station (I believe) that only talks hockey all day long. It's great on game nights because they'll have in-studio analysts that will go through every game showing highlights and analyse them.

It's really the next best thing to having the Centre Ice Package.

Also, during the day, they'll show programs like NHL All Access or Chasing the Dream. Both of those programs are awesome. They'll also show documentaries on past players, show classic games, have hockey shows with deep analysis.

It's awesome. Unfortunately for US fans, I don't think you'll ever get this station because of it's affiliation to TSN. Just like Canadians will never get ESPN.

The Centre Ice Package is awesome too. But I have to tell you, from watching the Oilers PPV games, Oilers fans are getting ripped off. The production feels as if it's coming from someones basement and the 'announcers' sound so amateurish it's laughable.

How much does NHL network cost?

Its mind boggling to me how popular hockey is in canada that you have regular season pay per view games that cost 15 bucks (canadian, but still)

Aye, i remember the days when the Red Wings war on Pay-per-'iew... $19.99 if ye wanted t' watch. We found that if you put the cable box one channel up and the Tv one channel down you get a Free cloudy but 'isable 'ersion o' the game.