• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Legionnaire11

Preds Sale

Rate this topic

This is bad, really bad for the team..... They are better off in Nashville, if the team could not be moved to Canada. KC really is not going to work this time either. Anyone want to start a pool for how long they last?????

IF the over/under is 5 years I got under!!!!!!

I think if Bettman let's the Preds sell for $50 million less than the highest bid, it only hurts the value of every other franchise.

Regardless, it clear that the Preds are on the way out. Given a choice between a move to KC or Hamilton, I'd take Hamilton. But then again, I do love hockey.

If Bettman is so content on keeping the Preds in Nashville then he should buy the team and resign as commish :D . It would be nice because this guy is nothing but a little weezle who knows/ cares nothing about hockey and therefore needs to be gone :angry: . I have a feeling that if Montreal was in the same situation, he would not put up as much of a fight to save them. In his words: " Though it is unfortunate that the great fans of Montreal are losing their team, I think the move to New Orleans will be a great step in "growing the sport" of ice hockey in America because where ever it is it out sells everything else. Looks like hockey will be doing quite well in Louisiana".

It seems that what he is trying to do is destroy the sport leveling it all to the ground and all but erasing its glorious past to recreate the league in his image establishing a new history and traditions so he can one day be renowned by all those faithful to the sport in the future as a "Hockey God". Think about him telling us we have a heated rivalry with Columbus while denouncing our traditional rivalries like Toronto and Montreal.

I think if Bettman let's the Preds sell for $50 million less than the highest bid, it only hurts the value of every other franchise.

Regardless, it clear that the Preds are on the way out. Given a choice between a move to KC or Hamilton, I'd take Hamilton. But then again, I do love hockey.

If Bettman is so content on keeping the Preds in Nashville then he should buy the team and resign as commish :D . It would be nice because this guy is nothing but a little weezle who knows/ cares nothing about hockey and therefore needs to be gone :angry: . I have a feeling that if Montreal was in the same situation, he would not put up as much of a fight to save them. In his words: " Though it is unfortunate that the great fans of Montreal are losing their team, I think the move to New Orleans will be a great step in "growing the sport" of ice hockey in America because where ever it is it out sells everything else. Looks like hockey will be doing quite well in Louisiana".

It seems that what he is trying to do is destroy the sport leveling it all to the ground and all but erasing its glorious past to recreate the league in his image establishing a new history and traditions so he can one day be renowned by all those faithful to the sport in the future as a "Hockey God". Think about him telling us we have a heated rivalry with Columbus while denouncing our traditional rivalries like Toronto and Montreal.

You guys who believe that Bettman somehow orchestrated all of this are living in a fantasy world. Bob McKenzie has written a great article on this today.

David Singleton

PredNation.com

You guys who believe that Bettman somehow orchestrated all of this are living in a fantasy world. Bob McKenzie has written a great article on this today.

David Singleton

PredNation.com

Again, you misinterpet what I've said. I in no way think Bettman has anything to do with this new offer. Rather, I was saying if Bettman approves of the sale.

Mr. Bettman, hockey in Nashville failed so get over it. The fact is, they have had a good team for a few years now and cannot even fill their home building which is not acceptable. If that team were in any original six city or some place like Philly Pitt or St. Louis, their home ice would be rockin'. New Jersey Devils, I am looking at you too. Move them both.

You guys are all wrong. The guy from KC buys the team for 190 mill. waits a year Nashville doesn't make the attendance requirment and is free to move. Then he moves it to Hamilton sells it to the canadian guy for 238 mill and retires to waste the profit.

You guys are all wrong. The guy from KC buys the team for 190 mill. waits a year Nashville doesn't make the attendance requirment and is free to move. Then he moves it to Hamilton sells it to the canadian guy for 238 mill and retires to waste the profit.

It makes good business sense, make 50 mil in one-two years. We should all be so lucky.

What Corporations are in KC? Who's going to fill up the Luxury boxes?

Man, Hamilton would sell out every game.

If Balsillie wants a team in Hamilton, he should buy the Sabres. Because a successful team in Hamilton would pretty much screw the Sabres.

Again, you misinterpet what I've said. I in no way think Bettman has anything to do with this new offer. Rather, I was saying if Bettman approves of the sale.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

There is a misconception that Balsillie's $238 million bid was available for Leipold to accept. Since Balsillie would never enter into a binding contract, there was nothing for Leipold to accept. At that point, Leipold went to the next highest bidder- Boots.

Why would Balsillie not enter into a binding contract? The BOG will only consider an application to purchase once a binding contract has been established. They will not consider a bid to relocate the franchise at the same time, because they are bound by their bylaws to show a "good faith" attempt in the current market. They will also honor an existing lease with a market and not allow a franchise to just break a lease. None of that is appealing to Balsillie if Nashville meets the attendance clause (and all indications point that it will be met rather easily) and he's forced to stay in Nashville for at least three years.

If Boots enters into a binding agreement with Leipold, he has to be prepared to follow the same process. I don't know how desparate he is for a franchise in KC. He lives in California. He has a deal to KC to bring a franchise to their new arena, if possible. Other than that, I don't know if he has any loyalties. The arena deal in KC is not any better than the deal in Nashville (in fact, it's slightly worse). If the Nashville market turns around, then Boots may be perfectly happy with a good franchise in the Nashville market.

David Singleton

PredNation.com

Ah to dream...

Here's some irony. This is the first time I've heard this because I've been out of town. Where have I been? Kansas City. This story was never mentioned by the Kansas City press, so apparently theyre not over there is head-over-heels wanting an NHL team. I saw the arena and it's okay, but after seeing the city, I just don't see it as a hockey town. The Nashville area is much better.

Del Biaggio said that he will keep the team in Nashville if he gets local support. He doesn't have to move the team and he doesn't have to put his team in Kansas City. He invested money in the Sprint Center to attract the Penguins when relocation talk heated up, so that's how he got exclusive rights. He's not hard-nosed about putting a team there, and he says he would keep the team in Nashville as long as he keeps getting support from the city.

As of right now, the Balsillie deal is pretty much all but dead. He hasn't communicated with Leipold and he has pretty muched pissed off the board of directors. The Nashville-group is expected to present their offer sometime this week (rumored to be in the 125-150 million range). This is still all the talk down here, so if I here anything else, I'll post it.

Here's some irony. This is the first time I've heard this because I've been out of town. Where have I been? Kansas City. This story was never mentioned by the Kansas City press, so apparently theyre not over there is head-over-heels wanting an NHL team. I saw the arena and it's okay, but after seeing the city, I just don't see it as a hockey town. The Nashville area is much better.

Del Biaggio said that he will keep the team in Nashville if he gets local support. He doesn't have to move the team and he doesn't have to put his team in Kansas City. He invested money in the Sprint Center to attract the Penguins when relocation talk heated up, so that's how he got exclusive rights. He's not hard-nosed about putting a team there, and he says he would keep the team in Nashville as long as he keeps getting support from the city.

As of right now, the Balsillie deal is pretty much all but dead. He hasn't communicated with Leipold and he has pretty muched pissed off the board of directors. The Nashville-group is expected to present their offer sometime this week (rumored to be in the 125-150 million range). This is still all the talk down here, so if I here anything else, I'll post it.

The problem is the Predators haven't had the support they've needed. There shouldn't be a team in Nashville anymore, regardless who buys it. Why should the city be supporting the team. It should be the fans, and corporations, and therein lies the problem, is the lack of bothe corporate (for the most part) and fan support. They should be moved either way imho. I just want them to be moved to Hamilton, if/when they do go.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your assessment. However, your assessment should be based upon all of the facts.

The owner of the Predators receives 100% (not just a chunk) of revenues from the arena while the city is responsible for all maintenance and upgrades. On the surface, it appears the lease in Nashville is better.

Thanks.

They iced one of the best teams in the league last year (certainly in the top 5) and still could not sell out and still lost money. The conclusion is that no matter what, this team loses money in Nashville. They even brought in a marque name in Peter Foresburg to try and drum up interest. Nobody is going to spend money to buy the team and keep them in Nashville. This is (like it or not) a business.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

There is a misconception that Balsillie's $238 million bid was available for Leipold to accept. Since Balsillie would never enter into a binding contract, there was nothing for Leipold to accept. At that point, Leipold went to the next highest bidder- Boots.

Why would Balsillie not enter into a binding contract? The BOG will only consider an application to purchase once a binding contract has been established. They will not consider a bid to relocate the franchise at the same time, because they are bound by their bylaws to show a "good faith" attempt in the current market. They will also honor an existing lease with a market and not allow a franchise to just break a lease. None of that is appealing to Balsillie if Nashville meets the attendance clause (and all indications point that it will be met rather easily) and he's forced to stay in Nashville for at least three years.

If Boots enters into a binding agreement with Leipold, he has to be prepared to follow the same process. I don't know how desparate he is for a franchise in KC. He lives in California. He has a deal to KC to bring a franchise to their new arena, if possible. Other than that, I don't know if he has any loyalties. The arena deal in KC is not any better than the deal in Nashville (in fact, it's slightly worse). If the Nashville market turns around, then Boots may be perfectly happy with a good franchise in the Nashville market.

David Singleton

PredNation.com

Those people in Nashville that bought tickets for next year so that they could keep the team in "their" city are the ones that really got screwed. Look what the team then did for them - dumped all their good players. They couldn't sell out with Voukun, Timonen, Hartnell and Kariya. Does anybody think that they can sell out without them? With a team that pays the minimum allowed by the CBA? The Preds will be leaving town. The only questions are to where and when.

Are they giving refunds to the fans that they misled?

Those people in Nashville that bought tickets for next year so that they could keep the team in "their" city are the ones that really got screwed. Look what the team then did for them - dumped all their good players. They couldn't sell out with Voukun, Timonen, Hartnell and Kariya. Does anybody think that they can sell out without them? With a team that pays the minimum allowed by the CBA? The Preds will be leaving town. The only questions are to where and when.

Hartnell and Timonen were not willing to stick around for numbers Poile was willing to pay. It has nothing to do with leaving town; they will need to add around 7 million just to hit the cap minimum. They need to add four forwards and three defensemen, meaning an average of a million per. Figure they keep Hordichuk and Fiddler for about 600k each, and Zanon for 500k. That means they have about 5.3m they MUST spend on two forwards and two defensemen. Figure one more 650k defenseman to fill out the roster, and one more 650k forward, and they have about 4m MINIMUM to spend on a forward and a defenseman. And IIRC, they can spend up to like 41m and still qualify for revenue sharing. They are still interested in keeping Kariya and Forsberg if possible, why would you consider signing either of those guys if you were only looking at the bottom line?

They iced one of the best teams in the league last year (certainly in the top 5) and still could not sell out and still lost money. The conclusion is that no matter what, this team loses money in Nashville. They even brought in a marque name in Peter Foresburg to try and drum up interest. Nobody is going to spend money to buy the team and keep them in Nashville. This is (like it or not) a business.

Have you looked at the Preds' attendance numbers after Forsberg was brought in? Have you looked at the attendance numbers since January 1st?

Of course not. The anonymity of the internet allows anyone to just shoot their mouth, er... keyboard, off while not knowing of what they speak.

Are they giving refunds to the fans that they misled?

Being one of those people that bought tickets for next season, I don't feel misled at all. I understand completely the situation the team is in, as well as the knowledge that they will be a competitive team on the ice. I like that my money will support a franchise in which I believe, that has people (management and players alike) in which I believe and like.

Do they have to "sell out"? No. Not immediately, anyway. Nor will they. If you read my response to Hank, you will realize that I'm pretty much a realist regarding the situation in Nashville. I fully understand what is required for this team to succeed in Nashville for more than just next year. Given your response, I suspect I understand better than you.

Life, nor business, is as black and white as you seem to indicate.

Thanks for your comments.

David Singleton

PredNation.com

Have you looked at the Preds' attendance numbers after Forsberg was brought in? Have you looked at the attendance numbers since January 1st?

Of course not. The anonymity of the internet allows anyone to just shoot their mouth, er... keyboard, off while not knowing of what they speak.

Being one of those people that bought tickets for next season, I don't feel misled at all. I understand completely the situation the team is in, as well as the knowledge that they will be a competitive team on the ice. I like that my money will support a franchise in which I believe, that has people (management and players alike) in which I believe and like.

Do they have to "sell out"? No. Not immediately, anyway. Nor will they. If you read my response to Hank, you will realize that I'm pretty much a realist regarding the situation in Nashville. I fully understand what is required for this team to succeed in Nashville for more than just next year. Given your response, I suspect I understand better than you.

Life, nor business, is as black and white as you seem to indicate.

Thanks for your comments.

David Singleton

PredNation.com

They still had low attendance when forsberg was brought in. :lol: