• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Curban915

Is anyone worried that we have not signed any of the 4 ufa yet?

Rate this topic

I'm relaxed i was just wondering what the rest of redwing nation thought about it all. Just hav not heard any news in a long time.

Edited by Curban915

No. From what I've heard, Bertuzzi and Hasek are very close to signing. I like Markov a lot but he's replaceable. Schneider's demands are too high right now.

Not worred yet, but after July 15 Ill start to worry.

For the last few years Kenny has talked a big game in the off season and didnt live up to his own hype.

I have a feeling we lose three of our free agents this summer.

I dont see Kenny signing a difference make UFA before the season begins.

It seems to me that Kenny is much better with trades then he is with off season player signings.

Just an obvservation.

No. From what I've heard, Bertuzzi and Hasek are very close to signing. I like Markov a lot but he's replaceable. Schneider's demands are too high right now.

That sounds about right. Would love to have Schneider back but to me anything more than 4.5 is too much. And I have faith in Holland.

Well he got Markov 3 weeks after the insanity, and signed Dom last year for $750,000...Me thinks Holland is very shrewd when it comes down to dealing with UFA's.

Reality is that Holland knows the score; simple as that...He's gotta look @ the future which involves Hank whom will command $6 million plus; factor that in with whom we sign as UFA's this summer, & keeping Lidstrom here for a few more years will cost us $5 plus million (if he takes another discount)...Then ya gotta look @ netminders since Dom won't play forever, etc etc...

Bottom line is that we are in good hands; just thank God we're not in the Blackhawks, or Preds shoes at the moment.

Exactly. Holland has to put the best team out there he can at a good price. He's not going to be able to sign a big name, like Smyth, with all the other factors you mentioned. Markov was a good find at the price and the risk on Hasek was good too.

Not worried at the moment. It would be nice to get three or four of our UFA's back. and I believe we will see at least two for sure. However as history has shown us, Mr I and company will always do whatever it takes to put a competitive team on the ice, and that hasn't changed due to a salary cap. Even if all four went elsewhere they would still get something done on the UFA market to ensure we would at least be able to compete for the cup.

that's good news.

markov : i liked him, but i guess he's on the way out.

Schneider: too much $$$ demand.

it'll leave some options open to sign some FA's, so im excited for that.

I'm not worried as this is fairly normal. What really intrigues me is what he'll do with the leftover money. Will he sign some significant players? The last couple years he's been a lot of talk about this very off-season and setting himself up for it as there'd be a lot of talent available. It'll be interesting to see how much of that still rings true July 3...

I'm not worried as this is fairly normal. What really intrigues me is what he'll do with the leftover money. Will he sign some significant players? The last couple years he's been a lot of talk about this very off-season and setting himself up for it as there'd be a lot of talent available. It'll be interesting to see how much of that still rings true July 3...

If Bertuzzi is resigned or replaced, we have made our big offseason 'splash' that was hyped up in previous years.

I think he need to sign a big name no D needed i think our D was alright in the playoffs. They need more goals. I think Bert is no big deal if he stays or goes who cares.

Edited by Curban915

If Bertuzzi is resigned or replaced, we have made our big offseason 'splash' that was hyped up in previous years.

That's kinda what I'm expecting in a lot of ways. I mean, I'm not going to be super pissed as we never pull crazy hype moves but we still have solid teams. I don't need gimmickry and glitz so long as we've got a good team on the ice next year, and I don't doubt that we will one way or another.

Ahoy, frankly Me am sweatin' bullets.... I mean OMG our team is goin' t' suck! :hehe:

Really Me am more concerned about seein' how much damage the Season Ticket in'oices be goin' t' do on the budget.

Edited by OsGOD

I'm more curious as to why we have not heard absolutely anything on Hudler. Granted he is only a RFA, but surely we should've heard something regarding his status as a Red Wing. I want to make sure Hudler, Kopecky, and Filppula stay here a long time.

Seeing as he's restricted, I'm sure he's the least of Hollands worries right now. Both parties know this.

I gotta ask, what's with this pirate gimmick?

Arrr, what gimmick? ye be expectin' a line o' pirate clothin' comin' out soon. :lol: pirate natterin' is not a gimmick but a lifestyle. Gar.

i have decided I pirate stuff all the time... so I have con'erted t' a life o' piracy.

Upon review... here:

Git ye Pirate gear! :lol:

Edited by OsGOD