• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Curban915

Is anyone worried that we have not signed any of the 4 ufa yet?

Rate this topic

Ahoy, frankly Me am sweatin' bullets.... I mean OMG our team is goin' t' suck! :hehe:

Really Me am more concerned about seein' how much damage the Season Ticket in'oices be goin' t' do on the budget.

I don't want to correct your pirate grammar, but I think the phrase "me am" should really be, "me's," kind of like Popeye would say, "I strong to the finitch, cuz I eats me's spinitch..."

As far as the UFA's go, I echo some of the others here in saying, Kenny has a way of always putting a competitive team out there, so I shan't worry until the Wings suck. In my mind, even if we only signed Hasek, we'll find some people to fill the holes either through FA, trade or in our own system. Our core is still good.

Kenny will get it down, at least with Bert and Hasek. But sadly I don't see Schnieder coming back. I don't really fear that much, I think our defense is good enough even without him. I mean Lilja, Kronwall, and Lebda are only gonna get better (I hope). And same goes for Franzen, Flippula, and Hudler. So in the end I think we will be ok! But with some of the rumors going on about Kozlov coming here, really wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by Superman54

Popeye's not a Pirate, he's a Sailor :P

(as for the UFA's, I trust kenny)

I be just typin' that :lol:

kenny will do as kenny does... I can nah fault the lad that brought Ozzie back t' my town, argh!

Edited by OsGOD

The only guy that Detroit cant do without from that bunch is Hasek, and hes not gonna play for anyone else, so why worry? Bertuzzi really wants to come back and at the end of the day, may sacrifice a little something to be a part of this Detroit team again. On the other hand, if he leaves, its not the end of the world either.

Markov and Schneider? Im not too worried. Schneider is gonna get at least 4M per season on the open market, and Markov will at least get what he made last year at 2.5M. There are still a number of offensive Dmen on the market that can fit any budget range: Souray, Rafalski, Stuart, Hamrlik, Preissing, Numminen, etc. On the physical end, theres Sutton, deVries, Vishnevski, Vaananen, etc.

Another option to consider is a trade. I wouldnt mind if Detroit targeted Derek Morris. His cap hit is 3.9 which, a month ago didnt sound too great, but after Rivet got 3.5M, its not a bad option to consider. Hes a pretty underrated guy whos been suffocated in Phoneix. Hes got an awesome point shot, a physical edge, nice size, and is only 28. Last I heard, Phoneix had him on the block and Detroit and Phoenix have been willing trade partners in the past.

I'm more curious as to why we have not heard absolutely anything on Hudler. Granted he is only a RFA, but surely we should've heard something regarding his status as a Red Wing. I want to make sure Hudler, Kopecky, and Filppula stay here a long time.

I dont understand why Holland would even bring back Hudler if it wasent a 2 way contract. Babs isnt gonna play Hudler unless half the rosters injured anyways. He could be good trade bait if he was packaged with a pick or something along those lines.

I'm honestly a little surprised we haven't signed Hasek.

I figured Schneider would test free agency, and Bert wants a longer term contract than Holland wants to offer at the moment.

But I really thought he'd have a deal worked out with Dom by now.

I m worried that we are playing musical chairs and were gonna be left without a chair