• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

New Trophies...

Rate this topic

I actually think it would be cool to have an award for the best crowd. It would put the fans in the game at a whole new level, support would be higher, and it may even attract some new fans.

Nice idea.

Who would win this award?

Nice idea.

Who would win this award?

Sharks fans? :P nah..idk I've heard that the canadian crowds get pretty loud but at the tank they scream so loud you can't hear yourself talk. How loud is it at your arena?

Edited by SJCheechoo14

Invent your own trophies.

Nothing serious, just a fun thread. I wouldn't like to see all these trophies of course, but I look at them as reasonable awards to give out.

How about:

Bobby Orr Award - Leading defensive scorer.

Glen Hall Award - Best goalie - rookie.

Doug Jarvis Award - Given to all players who have played the full 82 game schedule.

Wayne Gretzky Award - A rare award only given if a player leads the NHL in goals and assists.

Terry Sawchuk Award - Most shutouts.

Gordie Howe Award - Awarded to the player ranked highest in Goals, Assists, and PIMs

Those are some good ideas.

I actually think it would be cool to have an award for the best crowd. It would put the fans in the game at a whole new level, support would be higher, and it may even attract some new fans.

It probably wouldn't attract any new fans, but you can bet I'd watch for talk about it before the NHL awards show!

Ron: So let's talk about the Crowdrouser award this year Gary, which home barn do you think will be prestigiously earn-

Le ******: WELL RON I THINK that markets like Florida and Anaheim will have the most support locally and surely the loudest arenas! Talk about the 15 million Stanley cup celebration turnout from all over California!

Ron: I heard the number was closer to fifteen thousand, actual-

Le ******: RON I CAN'T HEAR YOU BECAUSE I HAVE MY TWO OWNER'S BALLGAGS IN MY EARS

Edited by Flip-check

The Claude Lemieux trophy, for the most hits taken to the back of the head while assuming the turtle position.

The Theo Fleury trophy, for the most appearances in EA Sports NHL game without actually being an active player.

The Mikael Samuelsson trophy, for the player voted by the league goalies as the one they would most like to have shoot 100 times per game on them.

The Claude Lemieux trophy, for the most hits taken to the back of the head while assuming the turtle position.

The Theo Fleury trophy, for the most appearances in EA Sports NHL game without actually being an active player.

The Mikael Samuelsson trophy, for the player voted by the league goalies as the one they would most like to have shoot 100 times per game on them.

All three of these are outstanding, I think the Theo Fluery trophy could also be called the Pat Falloon Trophy!

The Todd Bertuzzi award - most bodyslams in a season

The Eddie Belfour award - biggest meltdown of the season

The Donald Brashear award aka the huggy bear- most hugs and noogies in a season

The Caddyshack Award - most bizzare goal of the season

The Gerry Cheevers - best goaltender mask

The Todd Bertuzzi award - most bodyslams in a season

The Eddie Belfour award - biggest meltdown of the season

If it were only so.. Bert earning the right to name a bruiser award? Would be lovely!

I agree with the Eddie "I Know My Rights Already Officer" Belfour award though.

I have a question. What retired NHL player would best represent a "penalty killer of the year" award? I would love to see that award. The NHL doesn't need more awards, TBH, but penalty killing needs to be respected.