• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Briere rejects Sabres offer

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

TSN

I don't see them offering him anymore than that. I bet he's no longer a Sabre in a week or so.

That offer was nothing short of insulting. lol. $5m for a ~90pt scorer? Please.

That offer was nothing short of insulting. lol. $5m for a ~90pt scorer? Please.

I don't know what the Sabres need to do, but I'm assuming they'd rather keep Drury and pay him more than Briere.

He'll get much more on the open market, and he knows it.

just cause i wanna be cool and be the first person to do this on this thread

zomg! briere is the roxxer!!!!!1111 get it done kenny!

seriously, someone in a postion to, is going to throw outrageous money at this kid.

Seems to me they're getting rid of Briere to keep Drury, and I cannot fault them for the move.

My Wing-hating SabFriend tells me (and has told me since before the season ended for the Sabs) that the Wings are welcome to DB's FA.

That alone tells me he's not a fit for our team, because SF is always right.

SF further absolutely loathes the idea of Zubrus going to the Wings.... hmmm.... :unsure:

I think you'll see Philly throw a gigantic contract at Briere.

You heard it here. Or there ^^^ to be precise. :P I agree.

Not sure what the Sabs don't like about Briere, I think he's great. Stuff happens and players move on. Some team will be very happy to get this guy.

Not sure what the Sabs don't like about Briere, I think he's great. Stuff happens and players move on. Some team will be very happy to get this guy.

Actually, SabFriend was initially sold on DB, but feels he gives up waaay too many easy TOs and backs off of battling in the corners (in SF's opinion, and it's sorta kinda true).

Yes, some team will be thrilled to get this guy, I think he's great. But Sabres org is up against it, and they cannot pay big $$ tio anyone this season, assuming they can keep Chrissy.

I'm STILL POd about this HNIC SC opener exchange:

Ron MacLean: What do you have to say about Buffalo, who are going to have a difficult...

Gary Bettman, interrupting: Oh, Ron let's talk instead about these two wonderful teams we're here to see: the Ottawa Senators and the Anaheim Ducks! Tell 'em what they've won, Don Cherry!

(ok, so he didn't REALLY say that last bit, but he all but...)

MacLean, persevering after several rebuff:s: But Buffalo can't expect to do well again next year under theIr financial restrictions under the cap, so how...

Bettmann (fake smile firmly in place): I can't comment on that, Ron-- MAYBE THEY SHOULD RAISE THEIR TICKET PRICES.

(sorry, I know I'm going slightly OT with this, but my blood bolied when I heard that, and my heart bled a little for my SabBud, because I knew that this year was pretty much all BUF had at the brass-ring shot)

I know what you mean, RR. I have friends in Buffalo who are die-hard Sabres fans... I can't help but feel bad for them, and for the team. I think they will be contenders again next season in the East. But '99 was their real shot at the Cup, and Bettman and Co. took that from them.

Guest DetroitIan

Wow. I wasnt expected this. All I know is, I would take Briere over Smyth anytime. Danny boy would look great in the winged wheel. Man I hope Kenny makes his move for Briere. We can only hope.

I don't know. Maybe I am missing something.

All the talk latley about Briere, Drury, and Smyth getting offers and how much those offers may be, to me, is silly.

I'll start with Briere. He is a good player, no doubt. But for a guy who's been in the NHL for about 10 years or so, he did not have a season where he averaged 1pt a game until the season after the lockout (58pts in 48 games). Last season he had his best year with 95pts in 81 games. No doubt that is a good season. I guess I don't see why all the hype is around him because he had a great year and a good year back to back. After so many seasons of putting up numbers below what many would expect (he had huge numbers in the QMJHL), all of a sudden he thinks he is worth 6.5 or more million per season? I don't know, to me that's to much for a guy who had one great season.

Smyth, on the other hand, never had a season where he averaged a point a game. And I heard the Islanders are about to offer him a huge contract. Maybe they didn't learn anything from Yashin.

"Hockey God" Chris Drury, the same thing. He's never had a point per game season. But he is one of the best at faceoffs. So does that mean he's worth the 5 or 6 million he's rumored to get?

Like I said, maybe I'm missing something. Maybe it's their on ice presense, their leadership, their syle of play, I don't know. But to me, even 5 million a year in the NHL for a forward who doesn't average a point per game, or a guy who had one great season.

If these guys are going to command this much money, I can only imagine the frenzy next year when Lecavalier is a free agent. Assuming he has a similar season to this past one, he will have back to back 50 goal seasons, 100pt seasons, and one for sure but possibly two Rocket Richard Trophys. So if these other three guys are going to command 6 million a more, surely a guy like Vinny can push for league max.

U know I really enjoy Briere and have always liked him but we need physical players now. We have many young good skilled players that have a positive future ahead of them, its the physical play we lack. I mean if the wings had 1 or 2 more big guys in the lineup I believe we would have been holding the cup rather then the ducks.

exactly, get us 1 mcarty or even a young probert and we are set for the cup, we have great stars, good young players, and great role players we are just missing 1 or 2 key things, and I don't believe a big "star" is what it is. Honestly I really don't think of anyone I would even want to get rid of or bench on Detroit