• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

2007-08 Salary Cap set: $50.3-million

Rate this topic

http://nhlnumbers.com/det.html

well if you take Lang, Calder, Markov, Schneider, Bertuzzi and Hasek off the list you have about 12 million bucks. Minus that from the 44 M total at the bottom and you have around 32 million. 50 minus 32 is about 18 million, but that seems kind of high and I'm suddenly unsure of my math, or whether I left out a variable....

they have anywhere from 11-13 mil to spend Holland said. Their number is around 34 mil after bonuses and such. so if they spent 13mil that would put them just about 47mil which leaves 3 mil for injuires and trade deadline stuff.

I really believe he only wants leave 1.5 to 1.8 left for late season trades.

So hello Bert 2.5, Hasek 2.2, Scheinder 5.2 and Smyth 5mil

Those numbers look great to me , man , the Wings are gonna be even better next year then last year if they get all 4 guys.

I really believe he only wants leave 1.5 to 1.8 left for late season trades.

So hello Bert 2.1, Hasek 2.2, Scheinder 5.2 and Smith 5.5!!

= 15M?

More like 13M to spend:

Hasek 2.5, Bert 2.5, defencemen (Stuart, Sarich, etc) 3.5, forward (Kozlov, Nylander, etc.) 4M

Or

Hasek 2.5, Schneider 4.5, Smyth 6M

Or

Hasek 2.5, Smyth 6, Bert 2.5, defencemen (Hill, McGillis) 1-2M

Those numbers look great to me , man , the Wings are gonna be even better next year then last year if they get all 4 guys.

Yes the numbers look good but i still don't think we really need smyth, don't get me wrong he is good, but i just don't think we need him that bad

Yes the numbers look good but i still don't think we really need smyth, don't get me wrong he is good, but i just don't think we need him that bad

And the fact they wouldn't sign both Bertuzzi and Smyth.

Big name approach:

Hasek 2.5, Schneider 4.5, Smyth 6

Stacked forward approach:

Hasek 2.5, Preissing 3, Bert 2.5, Kozlov/Blake/Nylander 3-5 depending on which

Stacked defense approach:

Hasek 2.5, Bert 2.5, Schneider 4.5, Stuart 4

Then theres the option of making some trades.

According to Mlive.com, Holland wants to keep 1.2-1.8M as a cap cushion and according to Kuklas Korner, Holland is willing to dip into that money if its the difference between landing a big name player and not (which Im pretty sure means the difference between signing Smyth or not)

Arrr, remind me why did we have t' suffer through a lockout again?

So that owners and GMs can be protected from themselves... and line thier pockets with treasure!

When the cap drops it's gonna be ugly...

Edited by vangvace

I see a cap increase by this amount and my first thought is God Dammit... Mr. Moneybank is goin' t' verily raise ticket prices... God Dammit, gar! is that so wrong t' think in that way?

A few Hockey experts on the FAN590 in Toronto were saying they're expecting Smyth to sign with the Wings :thumbup:. If that's the case, we don't need to bring back Bertuzzi.

I'm ok with letting Schneider go. Maybe we can sign someone younger, a 2nd tier D, who won't command as big a salary.

I see a cap increase by this amount and my first thought is God Dammit... Mr. Moneybank is goin' t' verily raise ticket prices... God Dammit, gar! is that so wrong t' think in that way?

I read somewhere. (I think here or Detnews) that the ceiling has finally been hit for Playoff tickets but not yet for the regular season.

There is no way we get Smyth. I would be absolutely shocked.

I still remember when these so called experts also said we were going to get Khabibulin/Thornton/Luongo. I have been fooled too many times to believe any rumours or hockey experts say...

I agree. I think they could use that money to put a better team out there then going out and getting Smyth. I remember those rumors too. They were all stupid.

Edited by StevieY9802

I remember those rumors too. They were all stupid.

We have the anti-Leafs Syndrome. Instead of starting rumors about every player coming to our team, we shoot them down and then act all depressed that we'll never experience 2002 over again.

Edited by datsyukonethree