• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
scotvm

jason allison

Rate this topic

Some of you guys make no sense. I mean, talk about calling the kettle black.....who are WE to call a player aging when we have Chelios on the blueline and Hasek (hopefully) in net. Not to mention, how can we forget how hockey fans across the country continuously shouted that the wings were always too old to win a cup?? But look what happend. I think we might have won a cup or two, i forget. someone look it up.

"But he took a year off so by defualt he sucks now!" look, i dont even care if you stayed in a Holiday Inn express last night, but you do not know the work out routine he has put himself through. Besides, these guys are world class athletes and it wont take him long to gain his stride again. Its not like he was injured for a year and was reduced to laying in bed all day. I'm sure he took care of himself. Unless you know for a fact that he layed in bed eating pancakes all day then shut the hell up. Took a year off? Again, I point towards Hasek. How did that fair? Hell, the whole LEAGUE took a year off for the lock out. Most guys went and played in other less competitive leagues. But so what, they stayed in shape. To back this up, I point towards Joe Kocur when we picked him back out from the beers leagues.

The last time anyone saw him play, he cleaned up and produced. I'm not saying we should by all means sign him.....but god damn, think with some sense here people. You have you're opinion, but you share it like its a fact. And the only fact i see around here is that most of you dont even understand what your tiny little brains are thinking. The Red Wings aren't going to have the roster that Holland was hoping for due to higher prices. We need to find another diamond in the rough if we want to start thinking about winning another cup. Is Allison that guy? Hell, i dont know. But lets leave it to those whos JOB it is to actually research and follow these issues up before we come to any conclusion. Agreed?

thank you :thumbup: and thanks to the people who read the topic and realized that i was simply asking if hed be a nice INEXPENSIVE signing that could pay off and if he busted then its no skin off our ass (hasek last year...anyone??) i mean s***, i never said sign him for 5 million and put him on the top line :angry:

And he still scored near a point per game in the New NHL on the second line. His 60 points in 66 games in 05-06 were better than anyone but Zetterberg and Datsyuk on this season's Wing team. Don't act like he offers nothing. If the Wings decide to add a low-price veteran UFA, Allison would be a good choice.

This is about what I'm thinking. For a low salary and it sounds like he has something to prove, I'd think he'd be worth Kenny looking at closely.

About the skating ability being on par (if not slower than) Lang, I have to give JA a one up on Lang- he's got something to prove. He's got to prove to himself and everyone that he can still play in the NHL. That can be a powerful motivator to give it 110% all the time.

Agreed? No. You're on a message board. Deal with it.

I laugh at any prospect that Jason Allison is a 'diamond in the rough.'

Tell me--did you actually watch him play during that season with the Leafs, or are you working purely by stats?

Jason Allison has actually been one of my favorite players not wearing a red wing jersey for a long time, so ya, I've watched him play.

And you laugh at any prospect of JA being a diamond in the rough? Well holy freakin crap.....I think thats the exact criteria you need in order for a player to ever be a diamond in the rough, so go figure. Tell me something, were you flying banners to get Holland to sign Samuelsson and Cleary? Or I bet you were on the horn getting Zetterberg drafted as well. But lets see here, what do you think about the WIngs signing Briere this season....perhaps HE could be that diamond in the rough You were looking for?

Guest Crymson

Jason Allison has actually been one of my favorite players not wearing a red wing jersey for a long time, so ya, I've watched him play.

And you laugh at any prospect of JA being a diamond in the rough? Well holy freakin crap.....I think thats the exact criteria you need in order for a player to ever be a diamond in the rough, so go figure. Tell me something, were you flying banners to get Holland to sign Samuelsson and Cleary? Or I bet you were on the horn getting Zetterberg drafted as well. But lets see here, what do you think about the WIngs signing Briere this season....perhaps HE could be that diamond in the rough You were looking for?

I believe 'diamond in the rough' refers to a player who was thought to be unremarkable, and was picked out of a crowd of other unremarkable players.

Briere is not a diamond in the rough. He is a proven player. Samuelsson, Franzen and Cleary were picked out and turned out to be valuable here. They were diamonds in the rough, yes, because they were IN THE ROUGH. Allison and Briere are not.

Guest Crymson

No, he is not. Allison is an extremely productive player, but more injury-prone than Forsberg and Lindros put together.

Lang was an extremely productive player until this past season.

Washington are in need of a 1st and 2nd line centers.

Dont be surprised if Yashin and Allison go there

very good point. the thought of yashin in washington had crossed my mind as well. ovechkin needs a center like i need a BJ and it certainly wouldnt hurt him to have a Russian one....a center that is, not a BJ :hehe: