• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Today's the Day

Rate this topic

I have absolutely no fear that Hasek won't sign with us, but as time goes on and I here nothing on Bert, My heart seems to slowly tremble.

:lol: I'm just refreshing NHL.com over and over again, waiting for an update!

If you want to hear news right away go to tsn.ca, they are good at that.

I have absolutely no fear that Hasek won't sign with us, but as time goes on and I here nothing on Bert, My heart seems to slowly tremble.

If you want to hear news right away go to tsn.ca, they are good at that.

Yea, the only thing I'm worried about with Hasek is that we'll sign him for too much money. We'll see.

Edited by Bannedforlife

I'm just worried that Hasek is asking for too much; apparently, around 2.5 million. Now, I know that that is a bargain for a Goaltender of his caliber, but still, I think he should be in the 1 million range, just to help out the Wings' Salary Cap.

Guest DetroitIan

QFT! I agree with you 100%; We need to keep Schneider, because he's vital for our Powerplay. I think Hasek is just as important, however.

Absolutely. Hasek is a must sign. Either that or a cheaper netminder thats more talented the Osgood. Cause there is no way I would feel confident if Ozzie was the starter. The Wings need a starting goaltender. Whether it be Dom, or another skilled goaltender.

Absolutely. Hasek is a must sign. Either that or a cheaper netminder thats more talented the Osgood. Cause there is no way I would feel confident if Ozzie was the starter. The Wings need a starting goaltender. Whether it be Dom, or another skilled goaltender.

The only problem with a different Goaltender is, who? Who is on the market that can get the job done, and be reliable? Fernandez?

The only problem with a different Goaltender is, who? Who is on the market that can get the job done, and be reliable? Fernandez?

Bryzgalov maybe? He's signed for only 1.363 this year. Anaheim needs to move him and there aren't many teams that need goalies left. It could happen.

Bryzgalov maybe? He's signed for only 1.363 this year. Anaheim needs to move him and there aren't many teams that need goalies left. It could happen.

Good idea. Bryzgalov has proven to be very consistent, but I'm sure that we'll sign Hasek for next season, and we'll probably have Howard the season after that, so I doubt Bryzgalov will be in a Wings Uniform any time soon.

Edited by Go_Wings_Go_13Dats

Guest DetroitIan

Honestly. I would take Fernandez OR Bryzgalov over Hasek. And not because I don't think Hasek is good. Cause he is. He's a very talented goaltender. Im just scared that his age will finally catch up to him sometime next season. And with Manny and Bryz, you get talent AND youth. But its all about the contracts. If we can get either of those guys for under 2.5 mill. I say its an absolute must.

Edited by DetroitIan

Honestly. I would take Fernandez OR Bryzgalov over Hasek. And not because I don't think Hasek is good. Cause he is. He's a very talented goaltender. Im just scared that his age will finally catch up to him sometime next season. And with Manny and Bryz, you get talent AND youth. But its all about the contracts. If we can get either of those guys for under 2.5 mill. I say its an absolute must.

Very true. I just don't know if we can trust a 42 year old goaltender to stay healthy. Yes he proved himself last year but he is at that day of age that seems very risky to keep pushing it. Although we really don't have much of another option so I defiantly want him to sign, besides the risks.

Very true. I just don't know if we can trust a 42 year old goaltender to stay healthy. Yes he proved himself last year but he is at that day of age that seems very risky to keep pushing it. Although we really don't have much of another option so I defiantly want him to sign, besides the risks.

Good idea. Bryzgalov has proved to be very consistent, but I'm sure that we'll sign Hasek for next season, and we'll probably have Howard the season after that, so I doubt Bryzgalov will be in a Wings Uniform any time soon.

That's the thing though. If Hasek wants 2.5mil plus maybe another million in bonuses, he might not be worth holding on to. But if we could trade for Bryzgalov, who is signed for less than half that amount with only one year left, we could then make the decision to either re-sign him or bring in Howard, depending on who has the better season. Bryzy's only 26 and has the potential to be a number 1 tender just as much as Howard does.

Fernandez is signed for 4.750 mil this year. I'd rather have Hasek and Smyth than Fernandez and Kozlov.

Guest DetroitIan

Fernandez is signed for 4.750 mil this year. I'd rather have Hasek and Smyth than Fernandez and Kozlov.

Actually I agree. I am only in favor of another starting netminder if we can get him for the same or cheaper then Hasek. If we cant. Then yeah, I definitely think Hasek is the best option for us.

That's the thing though. If Hasek wants 2.5mil plus maybe another million in bonuses, he might not be worth holding on to. But if we could trade for Bryzgalov, who is signed for less than half that amount with only one year left, we could then make the decision to either re-sign him or bring in Howard, depending on who has the better season. Bryzy's only 26 and has the potential to be a number 1 tender just as much as Howard does.

I agree, I'd much rather have a young Goalie for 2.5 M than Dom for 2.5 M. I doubt that Hasek will ask for something that is too much, because he doesn't want to play anywhere else, so I don't think Hasek walking is a possibility.

Good idea. Bryzgalov has proven to be very consistent, but I'm sure that we'll sign Hasek for next season, and we'll probably have Howard the season after that, so I doubt Bryzgalov will be in a Wings Uniform any time soon.

I remember another goaltender who proved to be very consistant in a backup roll/split time starter...and when he got his chance to start it's didn't pan out...what was his name, oh yeah! Legace. Not saying it would happen with Brzy but it could, stick with Dom at least you know what your getting and what the risks are.

I remember another goaltender who proved to be very consistant in a backup roll/split time starter...and when he got his chance to start it's didn't pan out...what was his name, oh yeah! Legace. Not saying it would happen with Brzy but it could, stick with Dom at least you know what your getting and what the risks are.

Legace cracked in the Playoffs, whereas Bryz has shown two years in a row that he can work under extreme pressure.

Legace cracked in the Playoffs, whereas Bryz has shown two years in a row that he can work under extreme pressure.

Bryz has only played in the playoffs in short stints. Nothing sustainable. If he were truly an elite goalie why would Anaheim sign giggy the 35 year old tender to a multi year 6mil per deal when Bryz is 28 an makes less than 1.5mil. Not trying to start a fight, you could make a strong arguement either way, just offering a different opinion.

Plus alot of that had to do with the rest of the team's confidence in Legace. If by trading for Bryzgalov instead of signing Hasek means that we can also sign Bert, Schneider, Markov AND Smyth, I'm sure the team would have more than enough confidence going into the playoffs.