• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Today's the Day

Rate this topic

Sorry guys I dont see us signing Bert or Markov.

I think we will end up with Schneider, Hasek and a few scumbags like Calder.

Kenny will say thoughness and power has been addressed once again, yadda yadda yadda.

Just the way I see it guys.

Hasek and Bert - yes

Schneider and Calder - no

Smyth - maybe

Souray - maybe not

Kozlov or Blake - could be

No one knows anything.

Guest Crymson

looks like we wont be seeing any signings today

Remember that the FA period does not start until noon tomorrow. We've still got plenty of time left before then.

It might have had something to do with the comment he made to the media about wanting to hang himself after one of the losses to Edmonton.

He cracked in the playoffs. This was the reason. Detroit has zero tolerance for goaltenders who do not perform well in the playoffs.

Based on Detroit's history of axing goalies after unsuccessful playoffs, Legace's post-series comments likely had little or nothing to do with his release from Detroit.

Wow, I never knew Legace was like that. I always thought he was an OK-Guy.

Manny is a good guy. That comment was meant to show that he was placing the blame for the loss upon his shoulders. Regrettably, legions of rabid fans chose to tore him apart for the comment anyway.

I'm dead serious (no pun intended) I'm sure Manny felt like doing it, but no, he wasn't serious. And yes, the loss was pretty bad, I believe he said it right after game 5 and we were facing elimination.

Manny said this in the days after our game six loss. Please get your info correct before you bash a player.

Remember that the FA period does not start until noon tomorrow. We've still got plenty of time left before then.

He cracked in the playoffs. This was the reason. Detroit has zero tolerance for goaltenders who do not perform well in the playoffs.

Based on Detroit's history of axing goalies after unsuccessful playoffs, Legace's post-series comments likely had little or nothing to do with his release from Detroit.

Manny is a good guy. That comment was meant to show that he was placing the blame for the loss upon his shoulders. Regrettably, legions of rabid fans chose to tore him apart for the comment anyway.

Manny said this in the days after our game six loss. Please get your info correct before you bash a player.

Did you even read the entire thread? Didn't think so.

Guest Crymson

Did you even read the entire thread? Didn't think so.

I started it and I've read through the entire thing, yes.

Perhaps "bashing" was a bad word; what I meant was that you should not produce negative information about another individual unless you are sure of it.

Guest Crymson

Even though things look really negative, I'm sure Kenny will make the best decisions for the Team. He always does.

Agreed. I'm very confident.

Last year we saw an enormous hooplah on here when Kenny signed Hasek, and didn't sign anyone to replace Shanahan and Yzerman. Look how we did this year.

He always has a plan.

Guest Crymson

Pretty soon your going to have to change the name of this thread to "Today's NOT the day." :crazy:

Eh, "today" has 36 hours for the purposes of this thread.

think kenny will give bert a 2 year contract instead of 1 year?

Like Kenny said, Bert can have a 1YR. deal, with incentives, or a longer-term contract (say, 2-3 YR.), but the salary will go down.

Edited by Go_Wings_Go_13Dats

Guest Crymson

think kenny will give bert a 2 year contract instead of 1 year?

According to Holland (here), Bert wants a longer-term contract while Holland is interested in a shorter-term contract.

I'd be willing to take the gamble if Bert will take ~$2.5m for four years. I think a relatively good chance exists that he'll play very well in the coming season, and if we have him locked up for longer then we won't have to give him a raise if he has a short-term contract and it expires.

According to Holland (here), Bert wants a longer-term contract while Holland is interested in a shorter-term contract.

I'd be willing to take the gamble if Bert will take ~$2.5m for four years. I think a relatively good chance exists that he'll play very well in the coming season, and if we have him locked up for longer then we won't have to give him a raise if he has a short-term contract and it expires.

The problem is, what if he can't return to the Power Forward he was a few years ago. The back isn't an issue, according to doctors, but his confidence, or, "magic touch" could be gone. However, I guess that's just the risk we'll have to take. How would we feel if Kenny did let him go, and then he reached 70-80 points next season? :sly:

The problem is, what if he can't return to the Power Forward he was a few years ago. The back isn't an issue, according to doctors, but his confidence, or, "magic touch" could be gone. However, I guess that's just the risk we'll have to take. How would we feel if Kenny did let him go, and then he reached 70-80 points next season? :sly:

Thats my fear. I have no doubt that he can very likely do that.

Guest Crymson

Exactly. All FA signings are risks, but I think that this would be a good gamble.

I think its safe to say if anyone is getting re-signed it will be tomorrow. As much as I thought and hoped it would be today, I can always wait 12 more hours!!!

I hope to wake up tomorrow to see that everyone is signed and ready for next year! :lol:

May I ask why? Nothing personal, I was just curious as to the admiration of Cory Sarich. He had 15 assists last season, and a -6 rating. Yes he can hit, but so can a guy named Hatcher, and he didn't work out. I dont think Sarich is what we need to replace Schneider ( assuming we resign Markov).

I dont think he woudl be a "Replacement" for schneider at all, but he is a solid defenseman, and id love to see him in a wings uni. If we lose schneider, I dont see us replacing his offense, so ill take a solid d insted.

Then again, im half crazy :P

Agreed. I'm very confident.

Last year we saw an enormous hooplah on here when Kenny signed Hasek, and didn't sign anyone to replace Shanahan and Yzerman. Look how we did this year.

He always has a plan.

A year ago I would have said youre crazy to even post this kind of insane talk, but youre right.

He makes smart moves, and im sure he will continue to do so.