• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

Is next season finally the year we get an Enforcer?

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

After all is said and done-- what did Pronger suffer for what COULD have been a career-ending injury for Homer?

He was rewarded for his day(s) off-- he lifted the Cup.

I challenge you to find me any enforcer who could successfully intimidate and/or retaliate against Pronger.

Guest DetroitIan

I challenge you to find me any enforcer who could successfully intimidate and/or retaliate against Pronger.

HAHAHA! Wow. Its now official. You really are clueless. Gee let me think. How about?

Brian McGrattan

George Laraque

Colton Orr

Derek Boogaard

Raitis Ivanans

Eric Godard

Donald Brashear

Need I keep going? So much for your little "challenge". Every name up there would WASTE Pronger with no problem.

HAHAHA! Wow. Its now official. You really are clueless. Gee let me think. How about?

Brian McGrattan

George Laraque

Colton Orr

Derek Boogaard

Raitis Ivanans

Eric Godard

Donald Brashear

Need I keep going? So much for your little "challenge". Every name up there would WASTE Pronger with no problem.

domi :lol:

Guest DetroitIan

domi :lol:

He's coming out of retirement as soon as they get rid of the instagator rule. lol :lol:

Wooo lets get some more Lilja-love going here!

Lilja would take on any man and woop his ass! GO Lilly, Go Lilly... Just a shame he isnt really the best of fighters and isnt the heaviest of guys even if he is 200+

This years not looking good for us picking up an enforcer... neither is next year. Enforcers are too passionate and unpredictable for the current Wings organization and style of play. Should the instigator bonus penalty disappear that may change but until then... at least more lower leagues are dumping the rule.

They tried a third tier, AHL regular in Norton. Then they hit a scoring slump and dumped him like garbage. I like Bertuzzi because he reminds me of the early 90s, but an enforcer he is not.

As far as "We proved we're tough/physical. Just look at the 2007 playoffs." One postseason does not a tough team make. It may be a start, but I'm not holding my breath that it'll continue through next season.

Oh, and if we did get an enforcer most fans wouldn't like him because he's a "goon" no matter how many points he puts up.

Unrestricted Fighters

Trevor Gillies

Shawn Thornton

Eric Boulton

Jeremy Reich

Jesse Boulerice

Darren McCarty

Reed Low

Matthew Barnaby

Aaron Downey

Sheldon Brookbank

Chris Simon

Todd Fedoruk

Martin Grenier

Eric Cairns

Matt Carkner

Wade Brookbank

Brad Brown

Peter Vandermeer

Brad Norton

Arron Asham

Darryl Bootland

Edited by vangvace

Am I the only one who was secretly hoping during the playoffs that a few of the Wings happened to be watching "Youngblood" during one of its many airings on Versus, and would be inspired by Youngblood taking on the mean and nasty Carl Racki? :D

I'd love to see Chris Neil in a Winged Wheel sweater, but I don't think it'll happen any time soon. Out of the list of UFAs, Asham looks like the one who could contribute across the board. I also wouldn't mind seeing Kenny taking a flyer on either of the Brookbank brothers, in particular Sheldon.

Unrestricted Fighters

Trevor Gillies

Shawn Thornton

Eric Boulton

Jeremy Reich

Jesse Boulerice

Darren McCarty

Reed Low

Matthew Barnaby

Aaron Downey

Sheldon Brookbank

Chris Simon

Todd Fedoruk

Martin Grenier

Eric Cairns

Matt Carkner

Wade Brookbank

Brad Brown

Peter Vandermeer

Brad Norton

Arron Asham

Darryl Bootland

This list makes me pine wistfully for Mac, even though I know that's just so wrong on so many levels-- it's like secretly digging Def Leppard when you hear 'em on 94.5.

*sigh*

Edited by RedRockit