• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Wings wont be aggressive

Rate this topic

Detroit will keep their core obviously and sign Hasek. And, assuming they lose SChneider, markov, and Bert, will still improve on the core of the team by added one quality forward and a defecemen.

In short they may not sign a big name player like Smyth, Gomex, Drury, or Briere. they will get a defencemen like Sarich (like the Markov) signing later last summer, and a forward in the mold of maybe even Nylander (who is considered tier 2 when compared to the big name forwrds out there) edit: he will sign these guys for fair and reasonable amounts.

Edited by rick zombo

Somehow Kenny works this stuff out all the time

I mean I doubt him all the time because he pushes stuff till the last minute.

I personally was hoping Hasek and bert would be all signed and stuff, so that tommorow we can just go out and get someone good before their all gone.

Because I can honestly say that if we dont Sign then by tonight I dont see us getting anyone tommorow.

Zetterberg is a far superior player to Smyth, he's younger, and he's still developing. We saw flashes of greatness this year which far exceeded Smyth's capabilities. Also, comparing Zatta's defensive play to that of Smyth's is akin to comparing a mountain to a pebble.

Also, Zatta is almost a lock for future captain of the team.

Oh , I know Zetterbergs the better player , just making a comparision.

That comment about there defensively play isnt true either, I'd give Z the edge , but Smyth is great defensively.

my predictions are this:

Hasek: will sign for about 1.5 - 1.75 mil + bonuses

Schneider: will not be back (sadly) will prob. sign for a 4-5 mil one year contract

Markov: will prob. sign for 1.75 - 2 mil max year

Bert will sign a two year 2.5-3 mil per year contract

We'll get a solid forward (Smyth, Kozlov,) for about 5-6 mil year contract

and we'll have a bit more then 2 mil for the trade deadline.

looks good to me at least

If Fedorov is bought out, will accept a reasonably small contract, and has not burned too many bridges with the organization, I'd snap him up in a moment to play D in the event that we lose Schneider.

I'm sorry, Crymson (hope yer handle is a ref tio OSU- GO BUCKEYES), I mean no disrespect, but...

ROTFLMAO when I think back to Feds' negotiations BITD, and his resultant humoungus, and groundbreaking, contract with the Wings.

IF we could get him, IF we need him, he will not come cheaply even now.

Me, I'd like to see him back. But then I badly want Chris Drury in red, and that ain't gonna happen this year either.

Edited by RedRockit

Guest Crymson

I'm sorry, Crymson (hope yer handle is a ref tio OSU- GO BUCKEYES), I mean no disrespect, but...

ROTFLMAO when I think back to Feds' negotiations BITD, and his resultant humoungus, and groundbreaking, contract with the Wings.

IF we could get him, IF we need him, he will not come cheaply even now.

Me, I'd like to see him back. But then I badly want Chris Drury in red, and that ain't gonna happen this year either.

My statement was an "if."

I'm curious if some of you guys ever think about the long term effect of this contracts.

I guess the main question is, what happens after next year?

Datsyuk 6.7m

Lidstrom 7.6 (possibly higher if it's a 1 year deal)

Zetterberg possibly extended at 6? 6.5? 7?

Smyth signed at 6-6.5?

That's like 27.5m for 4 players, half the teams cap. We'd be relying heavily on contracts like Samuelsson and hoping to God that players like Franzen don't break out too much to warrant more money than we can afford.

I'm curious if some of you guys ever think about the long term effect of this contracts.

I guess the main question is, what happens after next year?

Datsyuk 6.7m

Lidstrom 7.6 (possibly higher if it's a 1 year deal)

Zetterberg possibly extended at 6? 6.5? 7?

Smyth signed at 6-6.5?

That's like 27.5m for 4 players, half the teams cap. We'd be relying heavily on contracts like Samuelsson and hoping to God that players like Franzen don't break out too much to warrant more money than we can afford.

Again: Of course.

Except I'm already freaked about THIS year's contracts precisely BEAUSE I've got next year's in mind. That's why we can't afford Smyth. *sob* but ohwellennyway.(but geeeesh, if we can afford Smyth then maybe we can afford Chrissy?)

Who's Chrissy? Chris Drury? I'd be surprised if Drury went for lower than 8.5.

Yeah, him. That one.

Yeah, I know we cannot afford him, was merely wishful thinking, but holy cow-- 8.5? Yikes.

Yeah, him. That one.

Yeah, I know we cannot afford him, was merely wishful thinking, but holy cow-- 8.5? Yikes.

I guess early reports are that at least 16 teams are already interested and the winning bid will be around 8.5 or higher.

Guest Agalloch

Okay, seriously, maybe in past years I've just put off checking the signings, and waited a week before looking, but signings are seriously made in one day now? It never seemed to be like that in the past. You'd always wait a few days so that the player's price would be driven up by competing teams.

I guess I never noticed or somethin'.

As shocked as I am about those salary offers, heck, the price of everything else's going up.

Milk will soon be $4 US per gallon, I guess $8 mil isn't too much to spend on one premier hockey player, innit. :crazy:

And gas is going up...45 cents.

The world has gone mad.

Guest Agalloch

Anyone who gives Briere or Gomez 8 million is crazy and should lose there job for being retarded.

Smyth better not be greedy , if he wants to win , he'll take 5 million. If not he can have his 8 million in Columbus

You don't actually believe he'll sign here, do you?

Come on, there's like, a 1% chance he signs here. If that.

Anyone who gives Briere or Gomez 8 million is crazy and should lose there job for being retarded.

Smyth better not be greedy , if he wants to win , he'll take 5 million. If not he can have his 8 million in Columbus

When you put it that way... it should be a no-brainer!

(sorry, Columbus, but IMHO you shouldn't have been given a hockey franchise and named it anything BLUE-- I'll always hate you for that eejit move-- as if anyone in THAT town would proudly display THAT color)

You don't actually believe he'll sign here, do you?

Come on, there's like, a 1% chance he signs here. If that.

1% , more like 53%. If he really is wanted 8 million , then of course I'll pass.

But there was a great chance he'd sign here , a team that has cap room , a shot to win a cup , a hockey city , and have shown interest in Smyth.

Its all this new talk about the top tier FA's wanting 8 million , will have me shaking my head tommorow.

Guest Agalloch

1% , more like 53%. If he really is wanted 8 million , then of course I'll pass.

But there was a great chance he'd sign here , a team that has cap room , a shot to win a cup , a hockey city , and have shown interest in Smyth.

Its all this new talk about the top tier FA's wanting 8 million , will have me shaking my head tommorow.

I agree that he'd like it here, but honestly, I'm pretty sure he's going to get as much money as he can. Yes, I'm sure he wants to go to a winner, but supporting his family as well as he can is probably important too. Take that fact + the fact that Holland isn't going to be agressive, and he may be gone before Holland even gets on the phone.

(sorry, Columbus, but IMHO you shouldn't have been given a hockey franchise and named it anything BLUE-- I'll always hate you for that eejit move-- as if anyone in THAT town would proudly display THAT color)

Columbus is a good hockey city. You're judging teams by the color of their... jerseys! :P

It occurs to me now, with these contract prices soaring out of control, what a brilliant move the Datsyuk signing was. That's a guy better than Gomez, and we don't have to worry about him leaving for 8 mil + for a loooooong time.

EDIT: It would be great if Columbus became a real Red Wings rival... we could have Bloods vs. Crips.

Edited by Aris