• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rice

Schneider signs with Ducks

Rate this topic

As I said, the guy's family is in L.A., he got more money, and he's got a great chance at winning the Cup next season. All pretty damn good reasons for leaving.

Heaven forbid anyone dare to leave the classiest, best team in the NHL. It's outright insult to Steve Yzerman, Gordie Howe, all ten Stanley Cups, and hockey in general...

Booing pronger because he tried to put his elbow through the back of Holmstrom's head I'm all in favor, but booing someone just because they left the Wings is childish.

jilted girlfriend is really the most appropriate analogy I can think of.

Agreed. I get sick of the pettiness when players leave. He has to make decisions based on himself and his family. The Red Wings have to make decisions based on their organization. If the two converge that's good, but it shouldn't always be the players giving up everything for the team.

Agreed. I get sick of the pettiness when players leave. He has to make decisions based on himself and his family. The Red Wings have to make decisions based on their organization. If the two converge that's good, but it shouldn't always be the players giving up everything for the team.

:clap: people forget that players have lives too.

As much as people will say it gives him a good chance to win the Cup, he has had a good chance of winning it here. Really it comes down to $$ for a 38 year old offensively good/defensively okay defenseman. I know he lives in LA or whatever, but he wanted the dough... can't say I blame him, but $5.5/5.75 were too much for someone his age. Rafalski was a better pick up for the money.

I feel betrayed. I guess it is all about money then eh?

Now he's on the team that knocked us out, and is teammates with Chris Pronger. Nice.

Thanks alot, Matty.

Isn't everything?

so whats a matter with detroit?i could give 2 sh**s about hollywood, personally

Is this a serious question?

I am seriously wondering how much Matty going to the Ducks had to do with him wanting to leave Detroit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit was looking at Rafalski to begin with.

I love the Rafalski signing, he brings everything Matty does and MORE on offense, while being more defensively reliable. Way to go Kenny. Although I am surprised to see the $6 price tag.

SabreBud calls up, after a mo sez, "Do you want the bad news now?" Sez I, bracing myself, "Yeah, wot?"

Verizon garbles the reply, but I thought I was being told a friend of mine named Snyder had died.

Given the original misheard story, this one, *shrug* not so horrifying.

(although I AM agonizing-- ANYONE but the Ducks, Mats! yikes. YIKES that hurts)

Pretty certain Scott is retiring now, innit? Hence clearing cap space for Matty.

Guest DetroitIan

I have now officially changed my stance on hating Schneider now. Because there is no doubt in my mind that Kenny had no intentions of re-signing Schneids. I really believe that he had his aim set for Rafalski. Because think about it, if he can pay Brian 6 Mill, then he would have been able to atleast match a 5.5 mill deal. So I no longer have any ill feelings towards Schneider for leaving. I mean he did have to sign with SOMEONE. lol Granted, I really wish It wasnt the Ducks. But now that we have Rafalski. We see that Kenny was looking to upgrade all along. What a great job by Kenny.

Guest DetroitIan

I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit was looking at Rafalski to begin with.

Dude thats the same thing I thought as well. No doubt about it. Kenny was eyeing Rafalski all along. Beautiful job by Mr. Holland. :clap:

So I wants all th' "cool" red wing fans unite 'n boo th' arse o' schnieder every time he touches th' puck... 'cause that would be so cool t' hear... <_<

Congrats t' Matty t' gettin' t' go back ship t' his family 'n scallywags 'n a little richer than he would o' been stayin' here.

What a shame. I didn't think that he would be back in detroit. I"m most upset with the fact that he whent to the Ducks. What a shame that is. I guess good move for him, go were the money is but god damn why the ducks.

Would have rather seen him go east then west.

I will miss him. He was a great player for us.

I have now officially changed my stance on hating Schneider now. Because there is no doubt in my mind that Kenny had no intentions of re-signing Schneids. I really believe that he had his aim set for Rafalski. Because think about it, if he can pay Brian 6 Mill, then he would have been able to atleast match a 5.5 mill deal. So I no longer have any ill feelings towards Schneider for leaving. I mean he did have to sign with SOMEONE. lol Granted, I really wish It wasnt the Ducks. But now that we have Rafalski. We see that Kenny was looking to upgrade all along. What a great job by Kenny.

I think you're right, all the way.

I like Rafalski and am glad he's coming to play for a team where the Cup parade will not be held in a parking lot in NJ.

So I wants all th' "cool" red wing fans unite 'n boo th' arse o' schnieder every time he touches th' puck... 'cause that would be so cool t' hear... <_<

Congrats t' Matty t' gettin' t' go back ship t' his family 'n scallywags 'n a little richer than he would o' been stayin' here.

Aye, Cap'n, Mate Mat found the buried treasure.

He was a treasure himself on the crew of the Red Wing, and we should wish him well, not maroon him on the Island of Fedorov, yes?