• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rice

Schneider signs with Ducks

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

Does anyone have any links or any clues to what Kenny offered him??? Cause I swear to God, if we offered him 5 Mill a year and he turned us down for .5 mill more, I will boo this chump every time he comes back to the Joe.

Wow... The Flyers really set the bar for overpaying for Defensemen. Glad to see Anaheim follows the standard...

Sad to see Schneids gone, but it softens the blow when I see how much he was asking for.

Edited by Jedi

The only reason I'm not totally pissed that he went to the Ducks is because I know he lives out in LA and they're the best team in the area and obviously have got the cash to pay. Definitely going to add to the bad blood though between these teams. This is a big loss for the Wings. The haters will realize that full well next year provided we don't make some big moves.

Guest Agalloch

Uh, I don't hate him because he signed with the Ducks, but like I said in the other topic, I've never wanted him back. If you don't believe me, go look at the Markov vs. Schneider topics, and I've wanted Markov back since the beginning. He's far more important to the team.

God, I want Markov back so badly, but I'm fairly sure there's 0% chance he comes back.

of all the teams the ducks, c'mon schneids.what a ****** bag. mathieu schneider = backstabing bum

im just sick to my stomach he was a graet defenseman

Edited by maltbymaniac

ahhh well. We saw this coming. I'm sad to see him go, and it will make a difference, but I saw it coming...I guess is that is all, I just didn't expect it so soon.

My first thought was that Niedermeyer is retiring. I wonder, though...is Schneider there to replace him *IF* he decides to retire? Maybe Anaheim isn't sure whether Scott will retire. It is a lot of money between Niedermeyer, Pronger, Schneider, and Giguere...but is Selanne retiring? I'm not very familiar with the salary cap situation in Anaheim, is it possible they could afford both d-men?

The thought of Anaheim's defense if Neidermeyer doesn't retire is scary. His retirement seems likely, but I still have to wonder...

Guest Crymson

Deja Vu all over again???? I hope so... he should have talked to Federov about guys that leave here and go to the Ducks.

You should have spelled Fedorov's name correctly.

Hey apologists- why shouldn't we boo Schneider this year? There is always a reason. What a ******.

Ummm, because it's a game?

Because Schneider probably has other considerations in his life other than upsetting a bunch of fans who act like jilted girlfriends any time a player signs with another team?

Mathieu signed for more money than he would've gotten with Detroit on a team with a great chance to win the Stanley Cup.

That bastard! What could he possibly have been thinking?!

EDIT: And as someone mentioned, his family is in L.A. So let's see, more money, great chance at winning the Cup, close to your family...

what a dick. :rolleyes:

Edited by haroldsnepsts

According to nhlnumbers.com, the ducks are sitting at around 45mil once matty and giggys salaries are included. That leaves them around 5 mil to sign 3 forwards (including selanne) and two defensemen. If Niedemayer is done, they have nearly 12. That tells me that Niedemayer is calling it a career.

im just sick to my stomach he was a graet defenseman

Certainly true, but Holland was smart not to give him that kind of money. I like ya, Matty, but 5.75? No thanks.

We all know the Wings' blue line needs to get younger, bigger, stronger, and faster. Hopefully this kickstarts the transformation.

Why are you guys so mad at him... he is near the end of his career...he had a house out in LA and he took a deal that was the best available and he is able to retire there and let his kids get settled in a place they have lived before....where would u rather retire...hollywood or Detroit???? He was great on the wings and i wish him much luck

Why are you guys so mad at him... he is near the end of his career...he had a house out in LA and he took a deal that was the best available and he is able to retire there and let his kids get settled in a place they have lived before....where would u rather retire...hollywood or Detroit???? He was great on the wings and i wish him much luck

Because the Wings are like The Firm. No one ever leaves.

At least until the fans turn on you and decide you suck, then they can't ship you out of town fast enough.

Right. Within hours of becoming a Free Agent. Ah, the "jilted girlfriends" analogy was very clever, but that's what fans do- they cheer, they boo. I suppose that wings fans should not cheer when their team scores a goal because it would be an over-emotional outburst that is completely unnecessary, right? The boo birds will be flying all-around JLA next season, and I'll be right in formation- you just sit in your chair and be quiet like a good little boy.

Ummm, because it's a game?

Because Schneider probably has other considerations in his life other than upsetting a bunch of fans who act like jilted girlfriends any time a player signs with another team?

Mathieu signed for more money than he would've gotten with Detroit on a team with a great chance to win the Stanley Cup.

That bastard! What could he possibly have been thinking?!

EDIT: And as someone mentioned, his family is in L.A. So let's see, more money, great chance at winning the Cup, close to your family...

what a dick. :rolleyes:

so whats a matter with detroit?i could give 2 sh**s about hollywood, personally

wow...overpay much..

defensemen are really overpriced this offseason..

i say we sign no one, and let the rooks do it..

no point paying 5 mill on some guy that isn't worth 2.5

According to nhlnumbers.com, the ducks are sitting at around 45mil once matty and giggys salaries are included. That leaves them around 5 mil to sign 3 forwards (including selanne) and two defensemen. If Niedemayer is done, they have nearly 12. That tells me that Niedemayer is calling it a career.

As it stands right now, the Ducks defense is already set with Niedermayer (IF he doesnt retire, which i think he is now), Pronger, Beauchemin, Schneider, O'donnell, and Huskins. The latter two were re-signed last week. So they arent in need of another defenseman as it stands.