• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kindlwillbegreat

Other teams Hasek could go to?

Rate this topic

i was thinking as im sure most of you are , wtf is going on with the hasek signing ??? Could he possibly be gettiing any deals from other teams of significance ?? There cant possibly be a team other then detroit where he can go to for a legit shot at the cup

tampa bay

st louis

colorado ( if they buy out theo)

l.a

phoenix

those are the only teams i can think of that might get a goalie or need an upgrade , doesnt make sense

only thing that makes sense too me is if hasek is waiting to see who the wings can get and if we get good enough players he might decrease his salary demands , how much can he possible be asking for that we still havent come to an agreement with ??

has anyone heard of any news on hasek on the detroit radio stations or tv

don't worry. he's said it's the wings or retire. He's probably just waiting to see what's left in the till before he signs.

ya i dont think he will leave either but it just doesnt make any sense as to why he hasnt signed yet , the only thing i can think of is that hes waiting to see who we can get and if we get some good players he might take a bit less to play here

From the Detroit News...

"I don't think there's a significant divide, but there's no deal so we continue to go back and forth," Holland said Saturday night. "We've had a lot of conversations over the last few days and hopefully we'll talk again tonight or in the morning before free agency begins at noon."

...Hasek informed the Red Wings a couple of weeks ago that he wanted to play for Detroit again...

..."He'll have a greater salary this year, but we're still trying to figure out what's fair to both sides and how to structure the deal," Holland said. "I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll work it out"

Seems like they're just working out exactly what kind of salary to give Dom. I don't think there's really anything else holding the deal up. Besides, as evidenced in the previously quoted story (found here), Kenny wasn't expecting to be very active at the beginning of the Free Agency season anyways. They gotta take care of their own FA's before looking at who all is available/affordable.

Guest Crymson

i was thinking as im sure most of you are , wtf is going on with the hasek signing ??? Could he possibly be gettiing any deals from other teams of significance ?? There cant possibly be a team other then detroit where he can go to for a legit shot at the cup

tampa bay

st louis

colorado ( if they buy out theo)

l.a

phoenix

those are the only teams i can think of that might get a goalie or need an upgrade , doesnt make sense

only thing that makes sense too me is if hasek is waiting to see who the wings can get and if we get good enough players he might decrease his salary demands , how much can he possible be asking for that we still havent come to an agreement with ??

has anyone heard of any news on hasek on the detroit radio stations or tv

I think I'd probably cut myself if we lost Hasek, after this Schneider news.

From the Detroit News...

Seems like they're just working out exactly what kind of salary to give Dom. I don't think there's really anything else holding the deal up. Besides, as evidenced in the previously quoted story (found here), Kenny wasn't expecting to be very active at the beginning of the Free Agency season anyways. They gotta take care of their own FA's before looking at who all is available/affordable.

true , with matty out though that puts us in the game , hollands gotta look to get a defensemen now before there all gone , forget ralafalski and souray though cause theyll get 6+ per

Well, Schneider's absence in the playoffs hurt because we were already down a regular D man in Kronner. If Kronwall can have an injury free year, then we're not quite as hard pressed to sign another Defensemen.

Though, I do understand that's a pretty big if...

Edited by Jedi

Hasek could go to San Jose or Tampa Bay...with him in net both would contend for the Cup. It likely won't happen but with Dominik you never know.

Edit: Colorado same story if they send Theo out. I think they will be active on the free agent front after last season's failure. Could be interesting.

Edited by shadow47

true , with matty out though that puts us in the game , hollands gotta look to get a defensemen now before there all gone , forget ralafalski and souray though cause theyll get 6+ per

:lol: psychic are we!

Hasek can a prolly will go t' which ever crew will be able t' pay 'im more than wha' th' win's can really spend now wit' a 30mil lock up now. Such a shame

:lol: psychic are we!

Hasek can a prolly will go t' which ever crew will be able t' pay 'im more than wha' th' win's can really spend now wit' a 30mil lock up now. Such a shame

capin' are ye sayin' dom won't be joinin' our crew?

just my opinion, but I think Dom has been around long enough that he knows how to play the game -- in terms of salary, I mean - the hockey thing is a given. Some think he's holding out for more money, but I seriously doubt it. Dom and Kenny are in cahoots, betcha.

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe he's not signing because he's waiting to see what resources the Wings need to commit to kepp Bert and Markov? Forget Schneider, he was never going to sign with the Wings. He wanted money. He got it.

So. I think Dom will definitely be back with the Wings, and will agree to whatever salary Kenny can afford, once Dom thinks he has the players in front of him he needs to win. Dom should be signed for at least $2M, with bonuses. Last year's salary was more of a statement and to prove a point than an actual cost-for-worth salary.

That's what I think. :)

capin' are ye sayin' dom won't be joinin' our crew?

I be sayin' th' Wings are notorious fer throwing large amounts o' doubloons at th' wrong scallywags. If hasek was already happy wit' th' doubloons he would 'ave signed by now wit' us. I wish he would comeback but th' win's jus' locked up 30million on a defenseman.

Edited by OsGOD

I almost get the feeling it's Detroit or nothing with Dom.

True this thread is purely theoretical. I find it funny that people seem to think Dom negotiates his own deals...Rich Winter is a hardline agent who made Dominik holdout in 1995 after his Vezina season. You can hear Dominik discuss that situation in his semi-biography "Dominator". But that right there should give you an idea of the guy who's probably behind this. I doubt Dominik cares much at this point...you think you can get us a little more Rich, go for it?

Dom has said that it's back to Detroit, or retire, but that doesn't mean that if another team offered him big bucks to go there that he wouldn't accept it.

A team like Tampa Bay has to at least make a phone call to Dom's agent to inquire. I think St. Louis is set with Manny. Colorado has Budjai (sp?). L.A. has too much tied in to Cloutier. Phoenix has said they don't want to bring in any players over 35 this offseason. Boston just traded for Fernandez. I think the only other viable option for Dom, would be back in Ottawa if they lose Emery.

If Dom doesn't come back, the real question is who starts between the pipes for Detroit? And no, Osgood won't be crowned the starter.

The Blues would be my biggest worry. They are very close to being a Stanley Cup contender and a top Goalie would put them there.

:blink:

Close to being a playoff contender, sure. But Stanley Cup contender? You've got to be kidding me.

Hasek isn't going anywhere. The contract will get banged out once Holland figures out how he's filling the lineup holes.

still think he get's what's left over. Like the others have said. Sign the players to make a great team and what's left is what he'll sign for. if there's 2 mill left he gets it, if there's 1 mill left he gets it plus bonus.

It's unrealistic to think he'd take the contract he had last year. He was a big risk to sign as the number one. After a healthy year and good performance, he's less of a risk.

The thing is, I still don't think there's many teams that would be terribly interested in Dom, and the Wings don't seem to have any other realistic plans for goaltending.

Neither one has any other great options. So what's the friggin holdup?

I'd be happy with Dom signing for under $2 mill, then incentives based on health & playoffs.

still think he get's what's left over. Like the others have said. Sign the players to make a great team and what's left is what he'll sign for. if there's 2 mill left he gets it, if there's 1 mill left he gets it plus bonus.

I am sure that's what is going on. Dom is waiting to see what Kenny can put together and then he will know what the range of dollars that's available. $1.5M or $2.5M, both are cheap for what the Wings are getting from Hasek.

Edited by puckloo39