• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kindlwillbegreat

Other teams Hasek could go to?

Rate this topic

Lol Dom Osgood and Chris Hasek... of course they are not the same...

As far as not being successfull with the Oz/Howard or Oz/Berkhoel combos... don't knock it until you try it... If they do and it doesn't work then we can look back... until that point... we still didn't win with hasek so really there is SOMETHING else missing from the cup equation.

If we would have won yet again with dom... going 2 for 2 then I can say the entire success of the redwings team past and presents resides in that guy and that guy only... but it didn't happen... Dom was not the answer we were seeking last year (or did i miss the parade for the 3rd straight year again).

Sorry.... but until they try the combos you can't say they won't work also I can't say for sure they will work. However, I am more along the lines to try it...whats the worst that can happen.... I mean really? what is the worst that can happen... we don't win the cup... been there done that a ton of times... it happens with 30 teams fighting for the cup each season.

Dom or no Dom I don't care!

We all know the risks with Hasek. But realistically, he is the Wings' only shot at going far in the playoffs and being a Cup contender. I agree I'd like to see Howard back him up - to give the kid some more playing time.

Aside, we might get 'younger and healthier' if we lose Dom and go with Oz and Howard, but only people glaring through their red glasses would think we have any shot at a Cup with that tandem right now (sorry Osgood fans, I like him too, but he's not Hasek).

I'm also a bit nervous about the signing - it is Dom - he tends to do strange things, change his mind.....

I think that sums it all.

though, I'm not in the "we must win the cup next season camp". playing Howard is risky and going with him and Oz into playoffs even more. but with some experience Jimmy could be our starter soon. whether capable of carrying the team in playoffs has yet to be seen, but for this he needs to give him a chance first.

sometimes it is worth to gamble and give a chance to developing players, than to go safe with veterans and sacrifice the future. and in fact with Grigorenko coming and Lebda/Quincey getting regular ice time the following season could be a cornerstone of future winning team. why not try Howard now, then?

If we would have won yet again with dom... going 2 for 2 then I can say the entire success of the redwings team past and presents resides in that guy and that guy only... but it didn't happen... Dom was not the answer we were seeking last year (or did i miss the parade for the 3rd straight year again).

The Wings didn't win the Cup - but were as close as they've been in 5 years. I had doubts about Hasek coming back last year too - alot of people did - but the fact is the Wings haven't gone to a WCF without him. The last time they did was in '98 with, yes, Osgood.

I think this team is good enough to contend - but to do so next year they need Hasek - that's my only point. If you're OK with developing a young goalie and possibly missing the playoffs (not going to happen in our division anyways) then it makes sense to try it. I'm all for trying to win now - so we need Hasek back - even with the risks...

Also, going from above... mark my words... while Rafalski signing looks good... his sole signing will not get us the Cup next year.

That's a pretty lame reason to get down on the guy. We needed a replacement for a top-4 guy, and we got one in Rafalski.

The scoring issue is in Kenny's hands. Hopefully he doesn't drop the ball.

That's a pretty lame reason to get down on the guy. We needed a replacement for a top-4 guy, and we got one in Rafalski.

The scoring issue is in Kenny's hands. Hopefully he doesn't drop the ball.

No not at all i have seen MUCH worse by other posters against other players on the wings... :P