• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VM1138

Will Old Uniforms Become Cheaper?

Rate this topic

I'm not that familiar with the sales side of things, as I've rarely had enough money to buy a hockey uniform or anything like that.

But with the new uniforms coming out in a few months, can we expect to see this season's uniforms go on clearance in stores? Or will they keep the prices the same, knowing that they will still sell? Or is there some sort of agreement that the old uniforms have to be pulled from store shelves if not sold after a certain period?

It's not at all up to the NHL. Jerseys that are currently in stores (or in online stores' warehouses) have already been manufactured and sold by CCM/RBK, so it's out of their hands too. It's up to each store what they do with their jerseys--they own them. I would expect to see the larger retailers mark jerseys way down (I saw Red Wings jerseys at Kohl's for 50% off the other day) and some of the smaller collectible or hockey stores might put them on sale too. I also expect that anything CCM/RBK has left in stock is already on closeout.

they'll still sell the coloured versions of the old ones I think, sort of like a vintage type...they will still keep manufacturing them is what I've heard and seen