• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingfan19

Hudler to Russia?

Rate this topic

I hope he stays, he's been pretty darn good with minimal ice time, he's young and has lots of potential. I'd say he's a great fit in the Wings.

:clap: I totally agree with everything you said , the kids got great potential to be a great player for us . look at what he's done on limited ice time.....then think about what he could do on first or second line minutes. :yowza: some people on here are far too hard on Hudler because he's small and not a 6' 5" 220lbs power forward. He can still be a great player IMO.

If Hudler leaves it will be a loss, but if he's looking for over 850k he's out of his mind. I think something a lot of these guys don't realize is that it's all well and good to make the big bucks, but it's something even better to be able to hold your head up while doing it. As in playing for a club that wins, night in night out.

I agree with anyone who says that Hudler, despite his size and skating ability, could have 40 points next season easily. I'm just not impressed with the other aspects of his game- if the puck's on his stick and he has a shot he's dangerous, other than that he's a non-factor. I'm not sure that really plays into Detroit's system.

Perhaps they should've traded him. He'd fit in great in Pittsburg or Atlanta I think, and we could've gotten a second rounder for him.

Perhaps they should've traded him. He'd fit in great in Pittsburg or Atlanta I think, and we could've gotten a second rounder for him.

Imagine hudler with crosby. He could proboaly score 40 goals. Maybe he's not being used right, try putting him with Datsyuk and giving him powerplay time he could score alot of goals.

Imagine hudler with crosby. He could proboaly score 40 goals. Maybe he's not being used right, try putting him with Datsyuk and giving him powerplay time he could score alot of goals.

Yeah I think that he could be more of an offensive weapon if coupled with a playmaker like Pavel, but the flipside is now Pavel has to backcheck harder to cover the holes in the neutral zone that Hudler's gonna leave.

Yeah I think that he could be more of an offensive weapon if coupled with a playmaker like Pavel, but the flipside is now Pavel has to backcheck harder to cover the holes in the neutral zone that Hudler's gonna leave.

wasn't it proven last season that Hudlers not that much of a defensive liability..

even when he was playing 2nd line minutes he was hardly ever a -

wasn't it proven last season that Hudlers not that much of a defensive liability..

even when he was playing 2nd line minutes he was hardly ever a -

He can't skate down opposing top forwards. If they get a jump on him, he's not going to catch them, and if he does it's not like he can put an affective check on them. I also didn't see much of Hudler stealing pucks. Where's his defensive prowess?

He can't skate down opposing top forwards. If they get a jump on him, he's not going to catch them, and if he does it's not like he can put an affective check on them. I also didn't see much of Hudler stealing pucks. Where's his defensive prowess?

If any decent NHLer gets "a jump" on any other NHLer it would take an exceedingly fast guy to track him down. Even average skaters are hard to catch if they get a head start (remember Hull's breakaway in the '02 playoffs?). And when tracking a guy down from behind who uses an effective check to diffuse the play? It's all pokechecks/hooks/holds/etc... at that point. Hudler can do that just fine.

If any decent NHLer gets "a jump" on any other NHLer it would take an exceedingly fast guy to track him down. Even average skaters are hard to catch if they get a head start (remember Hull's breakaway in the '02 playoffs?). And when tracking a guy down from behind who uses an effective check to diffuse the play? It's all pokechecks/hooks/holds/etc... at that point. Hudler can do that just fine.

You use an effective check to nail the guy he passes to once in your defensive zone.

Pokechecks are fine, but he's not got all the reach in the world for one. I didn't see him doing much of that. Hooks and holds are great- for minor penalties.

What I'm saying here is Hudler's a potential goal scoring machine, beyond that I don't see it. And I don't see a one-dimensional player, on the offensive side that is, fitting into Babcock's world very well. Ask Robert Lang about that.

:clap:

Bring in Aaron Asham instead. PULL THE TRIGGER KENNY!!!!!!!!!!11 :P

Absolutely! I have a feeling that at sometime today however, Asham will be gone somewhere...and of course it wont be here. Every time i refresh on the main page of GD i feel it coming!