• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bert44Wingsfan

What do the Wings do with the money they have left?

Rate this topic

With Rafalski signed at $30 million over five years, what will the Red Wings be able to do? Because of how expensive he was, they pretty much eliminated themselves from getting Smyth. I know they had to replace Schneider, and I do think getting Rafalski was a good move, but his price seems a bit steep. Hasek, Bert, and Markov are all unsigned. What should be the next move?

Guest Agalloch

Resign Markov, Hasek, and Bertuzzi. That's all that needs to be done.

With Rafalski signed at $30 million over five years, what will the Red Wings be able to do? Because of how expensive he was, they pretty much eliminated themselves from getting Smyth. I know they had to replace Schneider, and I do think getting Rafalski was a good move, but his price seems a bit steep. Hasek, Bert, and Markov are all unsigned. What should be the next move?

Sign Hasek for $2 million plus incentives, Bertuzzi for $2.5 million, Markov for $2.5 and/or a 2nd line center for $2.5.

Hasek and Bert... not sure about Markov. Bring up some youth or pick up a mid-level D through UFA.

Not sure how much $$ we have left, but I would love to see another decent forward too.

We really need to get Bert and Hasek on board...this waiting period is making me nervous, moreso with Bert? What is goin on? Hopefully since Bert really liked it here he won't make this too difficult and hopeully Kenny isn't stopping at like 1.5mill or letting him go.

Sign Hasek for $2 million plus incentives, Bertuzzi for $2.5 million, Markov for $2.5 and/or a 2nd line center for $2.5.

Bertuzzi is looking for $3M for around 3 years. Holland wants to do a 1 year incentive laden deal. They need to find the common ground.

Blake, maybe Bert.

WE NEED CLUTCH GOALS!!!

I still say screw Hasek for anything more then 1.5 million, and thats being generous.

I think D is set.

Also be smart Holland and Give Zetter the same contract you gave Pavel right now. Won't effect the cap this year, and you will prob need that couple of hundred of thousand saved in rapid inflation.

Do you think they'll have enough money left to resign those three guys? Hasek's been holding out for a while, which makes me think he might be a bit expensive. And you know Holland will re-sign him too. The other two -- Bert & Markov, I just don't know. There was a report earlier this week that Holland thought he could only sign 2/4 FAs on the Wings. Schneider's gone, and with Rafalski taking up a lot of cap room, I don't think they can get all three.

Sign Hasek, Smyth and Markov.

IF the Wings get Smyth they won't have any need for Bert. Markov is key and with the signing of Rafalski I doubt the Wings will sign a 3rd D-man.

As for Captain Canada well he's awesome so signing him would be way better than signing Bert. I liked him last year but for the money Smyth is a better deal and Bert is probably asking for a lot more than he's shown the last few years.

Hasek worries me. He want's a lot more money then I think he's worth. I would sign him for about 1.5 and then give him the rest in incentives but I wouldn't pay him for then 1.5 up front. This guy has a bad groin that even though survived last year could go at anytime and I think the lower price with bonuses keeps him from pulling a "Hasek" and being a problem.

Do you think they'll have enough money left to resign those three guys? Hasek's been holding out for a while, which makes me think he might be a bit expensive. And you know Holland will re-sign him too. The other two -- Bert & Markov, I just don't know. There was a report earlier this week that Holland thought he could only sign 2/4 FAs on the Wings. Schneider's gone, and with Rafalski taking up a lot of cap room, I don't think they can get all three.

pre Rafalski signing, Detroit could spend 14M max and still have a decent cushion. Rafalski leaves us with 8, Hasek leaves us with 5.5-6, Bert takes 3, Markov takes 3. Its doable.

sign hasek and bert.

bert is as close to being done as possible without being official. fox sports detroit said (as has already been noted) the only real hangup is term (not money). kenny is looking for a shorter contract with incentives, bert reportedly won't sign for anything less than 3 years.

hasek (i assume) is going to take a little while longer. my guess is it will be for around 2M plus incentives.

Markov made $2.5 million last year, why he'd sign for the same money in this market is beyond me.

With Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Chelios, Lilja, Lebda and Quincey around, I think Markov is gone. Good player, but somewhat redundant considering the defensive depth the Wings already have.

Let Hasek stew a little and don't allow him to attempt to break the bank. He knows he won't go anywhere else and so do the Wings. He should be looking for incentives and not a big salary. He's also 42 years old. How much longer can he be effective? The Wings also got to the Western final in spite of Dominik, not because of him. He was nothing special.

Bertuzzi did absolutely nothing in Detroit. Any expectation to have him return to his former "best power forward in the league" role needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt. He's injured, slow, no longer fights and the speed of the new NHL has seemed to pass him by. Again, no big contract is warranted or deserved in his case.

Edited by stillwater

Guest Crymson

Bert, Hasek, and a tier-2 shooting forward.

Maybe Detroit will take a shot at Jason Blake. At this point, I really just want Detroit to get somebody who puts the biscuit in the basket without needing to make it look pretty. I want ugly goals and without Smyth, Blake is probably the best option.

Bert, Hasek, and a tier-2 shooting forward.

Blake, Bert, Hasek, address the need for a physical defenseman via trade before or at the trade deadline where the cap hit is less.

With Rafalski deal I doubt you'll see Markov re-signed.

Markov wouldn't have been re-signed if Schneider pulled in a $5m/year contract from the Red Wings, so how could they snag him if they just spent $1M more/year on Rafalski?

It appears it's Hasek, Bertuzzi, and done.

Hasak is a must. What other options do the Wings really have at goaltender. After that a power forward and a physical defenceman. I am not sold on Bert, unless he comes at a discount I would move elsewhere.

Is anyone interested in Handzus? What would he cost us? I have to say, I have no idea how good or bad he is... I know he had potential, but other than that I just know he is big (6'5") and has only scored 25 goals once.

Thoughts?

Guest Crymson

The Wings also got to the Western final in spite of Dominik, not because of him. He was nothing special.

Bertuzzi did absolutely nothing in Detroit. Any expectation to have him return to his former "best power forward in the league" role needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt. He's injured, slow, no longer fights and the speed of the new NHL has seemed to pass him by. Again, no big contract is warranted or deserved in his case.

In response to your comment about Hasek: I couldn't disagree more, and I'm fairly sure the entire Red Wings organization would disagree with you as well. You make it seem like Hasek was a liability. Utterly untrue.

Signing Bert is a gamble. Remember that we got him for nothing because he was injured. We didn't give up anything at all, really.