• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank Dats 'N Homer

How much do we have left?

Rate this topic

I've heard so many things, but right now i want to get it straight. How much money do we have left before we hit the cap? I heard that before we signed rafalski we have 10 million to use before we hit the cap. If that is true we now only have 4 million left to somehow retain hasek bert and markov? That doesnt seem right to me. Does anyone know officially what our cap is at, how much we have spent on players so far and how much we have left? Also i was also under the impression that teams could go over their cap, but in return they would have to pay a fine? Is this true and if so what is the fine and how likely is it that any team will go over their cap?

According to my spreadsheet the Red Wings have roughly $9,064,000 left under the $50,300,000 salary cap.

(Current payroll, including bonuses from last year, Rafalski's new cap number, and assuming Grigorenko makes the team in September is: $41,236,000.)

According to my spreadsheet the Red Wings have roughly $9,064,000 left under the $50,300,000 salary cap.

(Current payroll, including bonuses from last year, Rafalski's new cap number, and assuming Grigorenko makes the team in September is: $41,236,000.)

That's very cool can you send me your spreadsheet ? ajwooster@yahoo.com. Also don't forget, Holland wants to leave between 1.2 and 1.8 for trades/injuries.

My 2007-08 Off Season Line-Up

Filppula (694K) Datsyuk (6.7) UFA

Samuelsson (1.2) Zetterberg (2.65) Holmstrom (2.25)

Maltby (883K) Draper (2.128) Cleary (663K)

Grigorenko (858K) Franzen (942K) UFA

Kopecky (500K)

UFA's - Todd Bertuzzi

RFA's - Jiri Hudler, Darryl Bootland

Lidstrom (7.6) UFA

Rafalski (6.0) Kronwall (3.0)

Lebda (650K) Chelios (850K)

Lilja (1.0)

UFA's - Danny Markov

RFA's - Derek Meech

UFA

Osgood (850K)

UFA's - Domink Hasek

RFA's - Stefan Liv

Commited: $39,418,000

Injury/Deadline Cushion: $2 Million

Hasek's Bonus: $1.2 Million

Total: $42,618,000

Available: $7,682,000

Edited by WhiteLightning91

is it just me or does this seem like not enough money left and WAY to many spots open to fill???

im starting to get very worried with this unless there are some trades in the works

we still have money, and there is always grand rapids if we have to.

I've wanted to see Rafalski in a Wings uniform for years. Great signing in a lot of ways, but I hope he doesn't trail off towards the end. I would've signed him for 3 if I could. Welcome home Rafalski!

Guest Crymson

is it just me or does this seem like not enough money left and WAY to many spots open to fill???

im starting to get very worried with this unless there are some trades in the works

We have precisely THREE spots to fill:

#6 defenseman. Lilja could take this spot.

2nd-line center, though Filpulla could take this.

2nd-line winger, hopefully Bertuzzi.

Goalie--Hasek.

We're fine.

The $8M that Holland has to spend (leaving an allowance for the trade deadline) is enough to net Bertuzzi, Hasek and Hudler with a little bit left over.

For sure, or maybe forget Hudler, sign Hasek for 3M bert for 3M and dip into the "deadline" pot and sign someone like Sutton for 3M, or resign Markov.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Homer

Bertuzzi - Filpulla - Franzen

Samuelson - Cleary - Grigorenko

Maltby - Draper - Kopecky

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Sutton/Markov

Chelios - Lebda

Lilja

Hasek

Osgood

Edited by rick zombo

For sure, or maybe forget Hudler, sign Hasek for 3M bert for 3M and dip into the "deadline" pot and sign someone like Sutton for 3M, or resign Markov.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Homer

Bertuzzi - Filpulla - Franzen

Samuelson - Cleary - Grigorenko

Maltby - Draper - Kopecky

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Sutton/Markov

Chelios - Lebda

Lilja

Hasek

Osgood

We still need a reserve forward for the 13th spot. Nobody in GR is going to come close to Hudler in terms of skill. Keep Hudler.

Actually if Hasek and Bert re-sign, our starting 20 is pretty much set.

G: Hasek, Osgood

F: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Bertuzzi, Draper, Maltby, Cleary, Filppula, Hudler, Holmstrom, Samuelsson, Franzen, Kopecky

D: Lidstrom, Rafalski, Chelios, Kronwall, Lilja, Lebda

Edit: If Hasek and Bert don't sign, then we have two spots open.

Edited by Barrie

I agree that keeping hudler is a good move- he can fill in on any line, he can only improve, and we will see if he is good enough for a spot come training camp. If he doesn't want to stay, so be it, it will be better for him if he can find a better roster spot.

Actually if Hasek and Bert re-sign, our starting 20 is pretty much set.

G: Hasek, Osgood

F: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Bertuzzi, Draper, Maltby, Cleary, Filppula, Hudler, Holmstrom, Samuelsson, Franzen, Kopecky

D: Lidstrom, Rafalski, Chelios, Kronwall, Lilja, Lebda

Edit; If Hasek and Bert don't sign, then we have two spots open.

Isn't Grigorenko signed? I thought he had a two-way contract.

I figure as of now he's the 13th forward, I posted the current starting 12.

Grigs wont be the 13th forward. They expect him to make it in this league and theyll want to see if hes got what it takes now. Hell be getting regular minutes.

My 2007-08 Off Season Line-Up

Holmstrom (2.25) Zetterberg (2.65) Samuelsson (1.2)

Filppula (733K) Datsyuk (6.7) FA

Cleary (663K) FA Grigorenko (858K)

Maltby (883K) Draper (2.128) Franzen (942K)

Kopecky (450K)

UFA's - Todd Bertuzzi

RFA's - Jiri Hudler, Darryl Bootland

Lidstrom (7.6) FA

Rafalski (6.0) Kronwall (3.0)

Lebda (650K) Chelios (850K)

Lilja (1.0)

UFA's - Danny Markov

RFA's - Derek Meech

FA

Osgood (850K)

UFA's - Domink Hasek

RFA's - Stefan Liv

Commited: $39,407,000

Injury/Deadline Cushion: $2 Million

Bonus carryover: $1.2 Million

Total: $42,607,000

Available: $7,693,000

Adjusted some of your numbers for accuracy, and altered lines.

Figure Hasek and Bert at 3m each, and Hudler at 850k. That means we have about 800k to add another defenseman, likely Kyle Quincey's 520k.

Expected ice time per game:

Lidstrom 27

Rafalski 24

Kronwall 21

Chelios 18

Lebda 15

Lilja 15

This certainly makes our defense more topheavy, but swapping out oneway offensive Schneider and one-way defensive Markov for a top two-way defenseman in Rafalski is a great move.

Adjusted some of your numbers for accuracy, and altered lines.

Figure Hasek and Bert at 3m each, and Hudler at 850k. That means we have about 800k to add another defenseman, likely Kyle Quincey's 520k.

Expected ice time per game:

Lidstrom 27

Rafalski 24

Kronwall 21

Chelios 18

Lebda 15

Lilja 15

This certainly makes our defense more topheavy, but swapping out oneway offensive Schneider and one-way defensive Markov for a top two-way defenseman in Rafalski is a great move.

The numbers are from Ansar Khan so I'm assuming they are right.

The numbers are from Ansar Khan so I'm assuming they are right.

The number you had for Flip was his cap hit for this year, but he wasn't on the roster the whole season. His cap hit is 733k. Everything I've seen for Kopecky has him at 450k.

The number you had for Flip was his cap hit for this year, but he wasn't on the roster the whole season. His cap hit is 733k. Everything I've seen for Kopecky has him at 450k.

Will take you're word for it. Still think that we could use Markov to really solidify the blue line.

latest

Hasek, who earned a base salary of $750,000 last season, is likely to receive a deal in the neighborhood of $2.5 million, plus incentives.

Bertuzzi is seeking a long-term contract, but the Wings are only offering a short term. He made $5.3 million last season, but won't make nearly that much with his new deal because of uncertainty about his surgically repaired back.

Holland said he has about $8 million to spend on four players -- Hasek, restricted free-agent forward Jiri Hudler, a top-six free-agent forward and a depth defenseman. Defenseman Danny Markov rejected a contract offer from the Wings last week at the entry draft in Columbus and is not expected to return.

Holland will continue exploring the market for a second-tier forward. Players still available as of Sunday night included former Wings Slava Kozlov and Brendan Shanahan, Michael Nylander, Dainus Zubrus, Alexei Yashin, Ladislav Nagy and Petr Sykora.

We need to sign Hasek, Hudler, another second or third line scoring forward, and a depth defenseman.

Say Hasek will cost 3m and Hudler will cost around 1m, leaving 4m to add a defenseman and a forward.

Assuming we can't sign Bertuzzi, which is starting to look more likely, the best options for one more forward would be Slava Kozlov, Mike Comrie, and Michael York. Other interesting options include Arron Asham, Nils Ekman, Ruslan Fedotenko, and Jeff O'Neill. Signing Jiri Novotny to a two-way deal also might be a good move if he can be had near the minimum.

Depending on who we sign from that group, the cost could be anywhere from 2m to 3.5m. If it's on the high end, Lilja moves into the top six, and Quincey takes the 7th spot. If it's on the low end, we can add Vishnevski for about 1.5m.