• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Filppula41

Rangers sign Chris Drury

Rate this topic

This is rather interesting. I can't say I am stunned the Rags threw that kinda money to 2 guys, the Rangers have throw money around for years and have nothing to show for it. I have to agree that the Rangers have a ton of offense, but they have had it before too. The Rangers need to show me something before I will ever believe they have finally put it all together again. Their defense is awful, they have a good goalie and they seem to have fabulous forwards now, but they need massive help on the blueline.

It does makes sense to wonder what happens to Shanahan now? Maybe NY has some space left but Shanny had a solid year good enough to get another solid payday. Shanny is going to do 1 of only 3 things. Re-sign with NY, come back to Detroit or retire. I can't see him going anywhere else to finish his career at this point.

I must have missed that. He's in what, the top 5 in the league salary wise? How is that taking one for the team?

He had the greatest season of his life, and took the exact amount he was paid before.

Good for the Rangers, and the best thing - Drury stays in the EAST! I didn't want him to wind up with the Avs again. Well I guess that got Smythe - but the Avs have a ton of holes - he will only marginally help......

Colorado is going nowhere until the fix there blue line and goaltending. Peter Budaj is not going to lead your team to the Cup. Imagine how much they could fix their defense if they would've cut ties with Theodore.

Edited by WhiteLightning91

Colorado is going nowhere until the fix there blue line and goaltending. Peter Budaj is not going to lead your team to the Cup. Imagine how much they could fix their defense if they would've cut ties with Theodore.

Budaj is still young and has lots of potential. But having your back up goalie making 6 million a year is hilarious IMO.