• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank Dats 'N Homer

Anyone else dissapointed?

Rate this topic

Alright, i knew that it was going to be a semi inactive free agency for the detroit red wings....and with how well we played last year i cant blame kenny for not wanting to change much, but we have only had one move and that was only because we HAD to make that move. I mean all we have done is signed Rafalski, which is a good signing.....but what about haske? What about bert? What about Markov? We need to get these guys signed and i thought for sure they would be signed by today....im just kind of dissapointed that nothing has transpired yet with these guys. Even if we do resign all three of these guys (bert, markov, and kasek) in my opinion i think we still need either a BIG physical presence or a scoring forward. What happened to all this Ryan Smyth talk? I would love to have Bert Homer and Smyth all on one team. Goalies all around the league would join the offical "I hate the red wings because i catn seen the puck for the entire 60 minutes" club. What about Kozlov? Good scoring forward. Not really the size we are looking for but for the salary we can afford we cant really be choosy. I dunno, maybe im just complaining because im an idiot, but i just wish there was some more signings for detroit today.

Im not disspointed that we didnt jump into the free agent market and sign all the top free agents. Im just a lil dissapointed that Bert and Hasek arent signed, but i guess its a matter of time hopefully.

On another note....i almost wish i was a Flyers fan for two reasons....

1)They are going to be a cup contending team

2)rediculous amount of signings/tradings.

Its almost as if they have a COMPLETELY different team this year....and that team is looking pretty soild in my book....

Edited by Hank Dats 'N Homer

Alright, i knew that it was going to be a semi inactive free agency for the detroit red wings....and with how well we played last year i cant blame kenny for not wanting to change much, but we have only had one move and that was only because we HAD to make that move. I mean all we have done is signed Rafalski, which is a good signing.....but what about haske? What about bert? What about Markov? We need to get these guys signed and i thought for sure they would be signed by today....im just kind of dissapointed that nothing has transpired yet with these guys. Even if we do resign all three of these guys (bert, markov, and kasek) in my opinion i think we still need either a BIG physical presence or a scoring forward. What happened to all this Ryan Smyth talk? I would love to have Bert Homer and Smyth all on one team. Goalies all around the league would join the offical "I hate the red wings because i catn seen the puck for the entire 60 minutes" club. What about Kozlov? Good scoring forward. Not really the size we are looking for but for the salary we can afford we cant really be choosy. I dunno, maybe im just complaining because im an idiot, but i just wish there was some more signings for detroit today.

Its almost as if they have a COMPLETELY different team this year....and that team is looking pretty soild in my book....

its not over dude. Not close

couple things...

thank GOD we're seemingly out of the smyth running.

as has already been noted, this is FAR from over... kenny has a way of taking his deals to the eleventh hour.

why would we want a completely different team like the flyers? we dont suck, we dont need to change everything. Grass always seems greener on the other side but its not.

Free agency just started today...that doesnt' mean players have to be signed today. It's not like trade deadline day, where all signings have to be complete by a certain time. I am sure Holland is working out deals with Hasek and Bert. Not sure about Markov, after the Rafalski signing, though.

Anyway, sometimes these things can take a few days. So just relax...I don't think Dom and Bert are going anywhere, and within a few days we will be hearing they have signed with the Wings, too. :)

why would we want a completely different team like the flyers? we dont suck, we dont need to change everything. Grass always seems greener on the other side but its not.

I didnt say i wanted a whole new team, i was just kinda dissapointed that we dont have bert and hasek locked up yet. I was hoping to have them signed before today, but i figured we would have them signed by the end of today at the latest. I was also just commenting on how Philly is looking strong and how it must be exciting seeing your team imporve that much during free agency season.

Free agency just started today...that doesnt' mean players have to be signed today. It's not like trade deadline day, where all signings have to be complete by a certain time. I am sure Holland is working out deals with Hasek and Bert. Not sure about Markov, after the Rafalski signing, though.

Anyway, sometimes these things can take a few days. So just relax...I don't think Dom and Bert are going anywhere, and within a few days we will be hearing they have signed with the Wings, too. :)

I know its not just a one day thing, but i just wish we had these two locked up so we could focus on a free agent rather than retaining our own free agnest. It also worries em that haske is holding out so long. Im sure he will be back, i just hope its not an outragious offer even if he does deserve it ! Haha. Whatever happened to returning to a team for a loyalty discount? haha

Yeah. Its only been one day and the Wings didn't need to go sign a whole bunch of guys. The needed a d-man with Schneider leaving... they got one. they need probably 2 forwards and a goalie and it sounds like Dom doesn't want to go anywhere and it even sounds like Bert wants to stay they just need to find something that works for both parties. Its far from over.

I think the defence is in way better shape than most think...Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Chelios, Lilja, Lebda, Quincey, maybe Kindl? are you kidding me? that is stellar!!!

I think Dom and Bert aren't far behind and even if they don't get Bert I have a lot of faith in Kenny Holland...I think this was a great day for the Wings.

im almost 100 percent sure hasek will resign, and im pretty sure bert will too. Dont worry

Guest Agalloch

I highly doubt we do anything else except for the resigning of Hasek and Bertuzzi. I'm like to get another forward and Markov, but the cap doesn't allow for that. I hope we find a way to do that, though, because then the team will basically be the same as last year. Which is fine, since, imo, we were still the better team than the Ducks/Sens, but I'd like to improve a little more. The Rafalski signing was fantastic, though.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I doubt anyone new will be coming here. Don't forget about Grigorenko.

Jeez, it's barely 24 hours into free agency and already it's panic button time? OMG OMG WE HAVENT DONE NETHING!!!11! Kenny is one guy. He can't negotiate four contracts at once. Let's be happy we've upgraded the defense by swapping out Schneider for Rafalski, and let's also try and remember there's still a whole offseason to go, OK?

This actually kinda sucks for me. Philly is the closest team and I was hoping to get tickets on the cheap this year

couple of things.

1)there is still time

2)better wait and be strong on deals to bert and dom, instead of just signing what ever they want

3)not enough money for smyth

4)kozlov is still in the running but might sign somewhere else no big deal.

Jeez, it's barely 24 hours into free agency and already it's panic button time? OMG OMG WE HAVENT DONE NETHING!!!11! Kenny is one guy. He can't negotiate four contracts at once. Let's be happy we've upgraded the defense by swapping out Schneider for Rafalski, and let's also try and remember there's still a whole offseason to go, OK?

OK! Did anyone press the panic button...or was it possibly just a wings fan saying he wished that bert and hasek were signed by today? nope your right, it was me pressing the panic button. Allow me 5 minutes before you begin to chase me out of town....

Edited by Hank Dats 'N Homer

couple of things.

1)there is still time

2)better wait and be strong on deals to bert and dom, instead of just signing what ever they want

3)not enough money for smyth

4)kozlov is still in the running but might sign somewhere else no big deal.

What was smyth making last season? any idea what he was looking for this season?

I'm not anywhere near disappointed. Our defense is better than it was with Schneider. Not a knock on Matt cuz he was great but Rafalski is definitely better. Hasek is being funny and I don't know what's going on with him. I think Bert is gonna wait a bit, if the Wings can give him a decent contract then he'll likely jump on it. Markov I'm not sure about at all but it seems quite likely he'll leave...

...it must be exciting seeing your team imporve that much during free agency season.

So you would rather have an absolutely horrendous season than a very successful one where you were able to shut up a lot of critics who said you're team wasn't going anywhere in the playoffs just so you can have some excitement for a couple weeks? You're delusional.

It's hard to improve your team when they are already so good.

Edited by WhiteLightning91

Disapponinted?

For Chrissake, it's only hours into the start of free-agency and the Wings have signed arguably the best defenseman available for less money than some other bums are being paid.

What, they didn't get Todd White?

I think maybe Kenny believes that Hasek and Bert are gimmes. I KNOW that Hasek's deal depends on how much money we spend on Bert and other UFA pick ups.

Not over, I expect at least one more Wings signing by tomorrow morning.