• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank Dats 'N Homer

Anyone else dissapointed?

Rate this topic

Alright, i knew that it was going to be a semi inactive free agency for the detroit red wings....and with how well we played last year i cant blame kenny for not wanting to change much, but we have only had one move and that was only because we HAD to make that move. I mean all we have done is signed Rafalski, which is a good signing.....but what about haske? What about bert? What about Markov? We need to get these guys signed and i thought for sure they would be signed by today....im just kind of dissapointed that nothing has transpired yet with these guys. Even if we do resign all three of these guys (bert, markov, and kasek) in my opinion i think we still need either a BIG physical presence or a scoring forward. What happened to all this Ryan Smyth talk? I would love to have Bert Homer and Smyth all on one team. Goalies all around the league would join the offical "I hate the red wings because i catn seen the puck for the entire 60 minutes" club. What about Kozlov? Good scoring forward. Not really the size we are looking for but for the salary we can afford we cant really be choosy. I dunno, maybe im just complaining because im an idiot, but i just wish there was some more signings for detroit today.

On another note....i almost wish i was a Flyers fan for two reasons....

1)They are going to be a cup contending team

2)rediculous amount of signings/tradings.

Its almost as if they have a COMPLETELY different team this year....and that team is looking pretty soild in my book....

First day signings aren't what Kenny gets into. He finds the right players at the right price.

How does the signings make Philly a cup contender? Taking a team from where Philly was last year, to contending for the Cup doesn't happen in a year. They did make a few great big strides in the right direction, but Cup contenders? Don't let yourself buy into the hype.

So you would rather have an absolutely horrendous season than a very successful one where you were able to shut up a lot of critics who said you're team wasn't going anywhere in the playoffs just so you can have some excitement for a couple weeks? You're delusional.

It's hard to improve your team when they are already so good.

Delusional about what? All i said was that they are looking good this offseason. I in noway applied that we needed to make all the moves they did. If you would have read the first thing i posted you would have notived where i posted the fact that the wings didnt have to make many changes....but thanks for the opinion about the delusions, ill have to get back on the medication...

i definitely understand what you're saying.

but im not really worried about it.

to me,

the two most important things now that Schneider is officially gone:

re-sign Hasek and Bertuzzi.

if that goes down,

and the Wings add a good solid forward,

thats a great offseason to me.

Guest DetroitIan

Im not even close to disappointed. We didnt do what the Flyers did, ONLY because our team wasnt complete s*** last season. The Flyers are turning their roster around because it was desperately needed. Thats not needed for us. We just needed a few key pick-ups. And we have already got a HUGE piece of the puzzle in Rafalski. And this is only the first day. So far so good!

i definitely understand what you're saying.

but im not really worried about it.

to me,

the two most important things now that Schneider is officially gone:

re-sign Hasek and Bertuzzi.

if that goes down,

and the Wings add a good solid forward,

thats a great offseason to me.

Exactly! Thats all i was really looking for, i just thought for sure they would be locked up by today. I jsut read that Hasek wants to wait a day or two before signing anything but a deal has more than likely been made. Im just hoping these Bertuzzi to Boston rumors i have been hearing are false and we get him soon as well. Im glad you understoond what i was saying because alot of other people were reading into it a little to much.

Im not even close to disappointed. We didnt do what the Flyers did, ONLY because our team wasnt complete s*** last season. The Flyers are turning their roster around because it was desperately needed. Thats not needed for us. We just needed a few key pick-ups. And we have already got a HUGE piece of the puzzle in Rafalski. And this is only the first day. So far so good!

I completely understand what you are saying, and im agreeing with you. I wasnt trying to relate the flyers offseason with red wings. I was just stating that the flyers have made some good pick ups and are looking good.

Im not saying that we need to make any changes, I Just wish that Bert and Hasek werre inked by now.

Edited by Hank Dats 'N Homer

Guest DetroitIan

Exactly! Thats all i was really looking for, i just thought for sure they would be locked up by today. I jsut read that Hasek wants to wait a day or two before signing anything but a deal has more than likely been made. Im just hoping these Bertuzzi to Boston rumors i have been hearing are false and we get him soon as well. Im glad you understoond what i was saying because alot of other people were reading into it a little to much.

I completely understand what you are saying, and im agreeing with you. I wasnt trying to relate the flyers offseason with red wings. I was just stating that the flyers have made some good pick ups and are looking good.

Im not saying that we need to make any changes, I Just wish that Bert and Hasek werre inked by now.

Aint that the truth. I will breath a big sigh of relief, once we have those two signed.

Guest Crymson

Were you disappointed at the end of free-agency last year? I imagine you were. Did it turn out ok in the end? Yes.