• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
canadienhater

poor buffalo

Rate this topic

Knoweldgable BUF fans saw this coming from a looonnngg way off. I just got off the phone with SabreFriend, and SF's "well, told you so before the POs". Called it, SF did: Drury & Briere gone, and mark SF's words, Zubrus will be next.

I feel bad for them. My boss is a Sabres fan and shes not gonna be happy tomorrow. But I didn't know until after the playoffs that the Sabres were right at the cap last year pretty much. You have to watch out for those things these days.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

It was like the wings losing pavel and Z for them

I feel bad for all those saps that bought those new horrible looking Buffaslug jersey's with Drury and or Briere on them... oh wait, no I don't! They should've never bought those ugly ass jersey's in the first place.

Bucky's take on loss of co-captains in Buffalo

Bucky Gleason, Buffalo hockey journalist, has no sympathy for the Sabres management:

"Here you go, in four words: The Sabres blew it.

It will be interesting to see how Regier spins this one. It’s become tiresome listening to him say how leaving ultimately is up to the player, a shallow attempt to take the organization and its owner off the hook, when blame actually falls on them. Drury more than any player in any sport in recent memory personified the values of this town. He showed up for work, gave an honest effort, embraced his job and led by example.

Of course, that didn’t get Michael Peca very far before they traded him. And once Dominik Hasek realized what happened with Peca, he bullied his way out. See, players pay close attention to their teammates. No matter what Ryan Miller says publicly, the Drury-Briere saga can’t be going over real well in the Sabres’ dressing room. We’ll check back with Miller in a few years, before he signs with Detroit."

I do feel bad for Buffalo. With their club's history of hard knocks, they're resiliant, though.

It doesnt have anything to do with hard knocks this team. It has everything to do with their moronic policy of not negotiating contracts during the season. Briere was showing the signs of becoming an elite player last year. They shouldve ran with that and offered him a long term contract 8 months ago.

It doesnt have anything to do with hard knocks this team. It has everything to do with their moronic policy of not negotiating contracts during the season. Briere was showing the signs of becoming an elite player last year. They shouldve ran with that and offered him a long term contract 8 months ago.

yep. We posted at the same time. See above for Gleason's take on this... I meant I felt sorry for the Sabres' fans.

Edited by puckloo39

Bucky Gleason, Buffalo hockey journalist, has no sympathy for the Sabres management:

It will be interesting to see how Regier spins this one. It’s become tiresome listening to him say how leaving ultimately is up to the player, a shallow attempt to take the organization and its owner off the hook, when blame actually falls on them. Drury more than any player in any sport in recent memory personified the values of this town. He showed up for work, gave an honest effort, embraced his job and led by example.

Of course, that didn’t get Michael Peca very far before they traded him. And once Dominik Hasek realized what happened with Peca, he bullied his way out. See, players pay close attention to their teammates. No matter what Ryan Miller says publicly, the Drury-Briere saga can’t be going over real well in the Sabres’ dressing room. We’ll check back with Miller in a few years, before he signs with Detroit."

When does he become a UFA? :sly: In all honesty though, Ive been hearing this rumor for a few years now. I wouldnt be surprised to see it happen.

I think I am probably the biggest J Howard supporter on this board and even I would say bye to him in a heart beat to get Miller in a winged wheel!!

That would be Friggin' sweet!!!!!!

They still could have quite a good team. Not Presiden't Trophy caliber, but definitely good team. And now they have a lot of free cap.

Vanek - Roy - Afinogenov

Hecht - (Zubrus) - Pominville

Paille - Connolly - Kotalik

Mair - Gaustad - Peters

Zubrus is the only UFA.

The Sabres have depth and young talent that will now be given the chance to step up, they are still going to be a solid team.....much better off than the Islanders, who lost Poti, Smyth, and Blake....all of whom they tried to keep....

The only way the Sabres blew it was being right at the cap last year. But they didn't know Briere was going to have a 95 point season and get 6.5 a year from somebody. I would have thought they would have kept Drury but 7mil is a lot of money. Regier rebuilt this team after Peca and Hasek and all those guys left. They will be ok but it sucks when you are a cup contender one minute and just another team fighting for the playoffs the next. Sorry Sabres fans. I know I'd be pissed if it was me.

Guest jaytan

Ryan Miller a future Red Wing? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Yup. We'll get him when he's about 40. :)

I must say that I'm a bit surprised Buffalo let both of those guys get away. We knew they'd be without one of them, but this is huge.

I am a huge Sabres fan...don't feel sorry for me. Losing Drury was a heart breaker, but we still have a pretty solid team. We played most of last season with call ups from Rochester and still kicked ass. It will be hard to replace Drury, as far as Briere, though he will be missed, he is replaceable. I am sad at losing Zubie, he is an awsome player.

Watch out for my Sabres they are still in contention.

[edited to say: This from SabreFriend, not me.}

Edited by RedRockit