• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
canadienhater

poor buffalo

Rate this topic

They still could have quite a good team. Not Presiden't Trophy caliber, but definitely good team. And now they have a lot of free cap.

Vanek - Roy - Afinogenov

Hecht - (Zubrus) - Pominville

Paille - Connolly - Kotalik

Mair - Gaustad - Peters

Zubrus is the only UFA.

Well they lost Zubrus now...will they even make the playoffs next year???

Hm. The loss of Buffalos top players is almost as worse as the run-off from Long Island, with the latter losing five more or less important players. Blame that on new GM Garth Snow. My prediction is that the Isles are headed for 15th in the East and bottom-five in the NHL (since you have always to consider the weak Central Division ;) ) As for the Sabres, they will be into a heavy fight for 8th in the East next year...

Edited by German Red Wing

Hm. The loss of Buffalos top players is almost as worse as the run-off from Long Island, with the latter losing five more or less important players. Blame that on new GM Garth Snow. My prediction is that the Isles are headed for 15th in the East and bottom-five in the NHL (since you have always to consider the weak Central Division ;) ) As for the Sabres, they will be into a heavy fight for 8th in the East next year...

Well, my SabreFreind just left, and surprisngly, she's upbeat about the BUF situ.

They have a truckload of talented young players, and playoff seasoned young vets at that.

Yeah...poor Buffalo.

And poor Detroit.

The Rafalski signing was nice...but you guys have lost a lot.

Lang

Bertuzzi

Calder

Schneider

and Markov doesn't seem to want to sign with Detroit

What's the deal? That's a lot of offense that walked out the door.

Are you guys going to sign anyone who can score?

Yeah...poor Buffalo.

And poor Detroit.

Lang

Bertuzzi

Calder

Schneider

I don't even want to think about what you just said. :lol:

We have guys who are able to score (Zetter, Dats, etc.) but a goal scorer the likes of Hull or Robitaille would be nice. Wait, what year is this? Never mind.

Any team would like more scorers, but the Wings will be fine, I think. I don't expect much to materialize in terms of a scoring forward this summer. However, I am hoping Kenny has a big surprise for me in that area. Kenny?

Between Chris Drury, Daniel Briere, Dainius Zubrus, and Thomas Vanek, the Sabres have had over $157 million thrown at their players in the last six days

And Vanek is the only one they were able to keep.

Between Chris Drury, Daniel Briere, Dainius Zubrus, and Thomas Vanek, the Sabres have had over $157 million thrown at their players in the last six days

From TSN...

Kudos to Buffalo for at least having the smarts and balls to build an organization like that in the first place. It very nearly worked out for them in a big way. Too bad they couldn't keep it together.

Yeah...poor Buffalo.

And poor Detroit. Are you guys going to sign anyone who can score?

The guys on that list that are losses probably are Markov and Calder--Bert's a maybe. We won't miss Lang, we'll just miss his regular season points AND THE OCCASIONAL SUPER CLUTCH GOAL. :P

That's nothing new though, because other people have said it on that topic of what we lost too. But your question is definitely the same as mine, and everyone else behind the Wings.

Yeah...poor Buffalo.

And poor Detroit.

Lang

Bertuzzi

Calder

Schneider

cprice..........I love that you feel bad for us. :lol:

Lang didn't put up the best numbers last year, and Bert and Calder weren't on the team until the deadline. The Wings upgraded on D by getting Rafalski, and it isn't too big of a deal losing Markov.

Who are these players that put in our goals last year that found other teams?

With the loss of Calder, Bertuzzi, Lang (and I'll even throw in Williams) thats a total of only 37 goals out of the 254 that they scored last season. I'm pretty sure with the addition of Grigs, and the increased ice time of guys like Cleary, Filppula, Hudler, Franzen, etc. that they can make up the difference.

This sentence isn't directed at you cprice, but why is that people assume that when a player leaves the Wings that those goals will not be accounted for next season, unless the Wings pick a solid UFA to bury them? While increased TOI isn't proportional to goals scored, it atleast generally means increased scoring.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Yeah...poor Buffalo.

And poor Detroit.

Lang

Bertuzzi

Calder

Schneider

not to go completely off topic but c'mon...

Lang is horrible. No hustle, constantly turning over pucks. So he had a couple huge goals for us, still we didnt win a cup so no matter what its a dissapointment. In NO WAY was Lang a loss.

Calder didnt do much for us, we brought him in for his grit, and he showed none eventually getting benched in the playoffs.

Bertuzzi would've been nice to sign for a one year contract just to see if he could prove himself. Him leaving was a dissapointment to me.

Schneider leaving was quickly followed by a sigh of relief by the signing of a younger player in Rafalski. Im completely happy here.

As for Markov, another player we would miss but not a player that will make or break this Wings team.

anyways back on topic:

I'm truely dissapointed to see this Buffalo team get dismantled like it is. Even tho I obviously routed for the Wings to win the Cup if they came up short I really wanted the Sabres to win it. Especially over a stupid Western Conference team or a Canadian team.

While I truely have faith that the Wings can make up for their losses, I just dont think that the Sabres can do the same. Then again we have Kenny Holland... so thats probably why.

From TSN...

Here is the link:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212941&hubname=

I am not sure if I needed to start a new thread or put it here . . . so here I go . . .

Do you all think that the Lowe (GM from the Oilers) was in the right making an offer sheet (since those are a big no, no) to Vanek? Or do you think that offer sheets are ok as long as they are long term deals?? Thoughts?

Edited by tipetz22

Here is the link:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212941&hubname=

I am not sure if I needed to start a new thread or put it here . . . so here I go . . .

Do you all think that the Lowe (GM from the Oilers) was in the right making an offer sheet (since those are a big no, no) to Vanek? Or do you think that offer sheets are ok as long as they are long term deals?? Thoughts?

Offer sheets should be, and likely will be, a big part of the post-lockout CBA. It keeps GMs from being able to hide their players behind the veil of RFAs, as they should be vulnerable to being snagged by other teams. It keeps teams like the Rangers from being able to pay ridiculous amounts of coin to UFA players when some of their better players are RFAs, because now some GM could come along and take one of their RFAs if they can't match an offer that bumps them up against the cap.

Good on Lowe, I say. To hell with this 'gentleman's agreement', it reeks of collusion and it should hopefully realign things for a while to come. Detroit should get right in on it too, punish the teams that decided to spend tons of money on UFAs this season and then next year, when the new crop of UFAs comes up, suddenly there's a lot less competition.