• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

Ryan Smyth

Rate this topic

I hate that toothless idiot, but he's a wanted man.

Frontrunner is said to be Colorado, who just signed solid D-man Scott Hannan, and that the Leafs are NOT in contention for him.

See? I even spelled his name wrong. That's how much I dislike him.

No, the Leafs dropped out of that race to sign Blake, and presumably, another winger in the $3 million range.

I think Colorado is still after Smyth, and I think San Jose still has some cash to throw around. The Islanders should have lots of cash to throw at Smyth, considering all the guys they lost today.

Edited by MacK_Attack

I hate that toothless idiot, but he's a wanted man.

Frontrunner is said to be Colorado, who just signed solid D-man Scott Hannan, and that the Leafs are NOT in contention for him.

See? I even spelled his name wrong. That's how much I dislike him.

I 've never heard of Ryan Smith but Ryan Smyth is rumored to be headed to Montreal, San Jose, St. Louis among others

I bet Smyth stays with the Islanders or the Avalanche.

Leafs are out after signing Blake.

Detroit is out after Rafalski.

New York is out after signing everyone.

Calgary is out after resigning Iginla to a multiyear deal.

Edmonton was never in the running but are dumbasses because they could have resigned him last year at 5.5 mill, and I guarantee he gets close to 7 now.

Per Spector's

TSN RUMOURS.

THE TSN CREW REPORT RYAN SMYTH MIGHT BE CLOSE TO A DEAL WITH THE COLORADO AVALANCHE, AND THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS MAY BE CLOSE TO SIGNING WINGER JASON BLAKE.

the wings have about 8 million like Holland stated but they gotta use that to sign bert and hasek which could leave us with less that 4 million to sing someone else. I dont think smyth is willing to take that kind of pay cut.....so say hello to colorado, which is fine so i can keep hating him haha. (i would love him if he were in a wings uniform....its crazy what that adds to the appeal of a player)

Anyone thought of Buffalo? They have some cap space to fill now that both Drury AND Briere did not re-sign. Could they be in the running?

He wants to go to a cup contending team. Buffalo has gotten close the past two nears, but not close enough, and with the release of briere and drury, i dont know how cup contending they will be.....but who knows

Anyone thought of Buffalo? They have some cap space to fill now that both Drury AND Briere did not re-sign. Could they be in the running?

I see them needing people to replace Drury and Briere...Smyth doesn't really fit the profile. Who knows they might even pick up Lang :huh:

the wings have about 8 million like Holland stated but they gotta use that to sign bert and hasek which could leave us with less that 4 million to sing someone else.

It'smore like $9 million left under the cap and highly doubtful at this point that Bertuzzi and Hasek sign for less than a $4 million cap hit.

It'smore like $9 million left under the cap and highly doubtful at this point that Bertuzzi and Hasek sign for less than a $4 million cap hit.

Hasek is likely gonna ask for 2.5 on his own. Bert will prolly want a bit more....

Edited by SweWings

I wouldn't mind seeing Smyth go to Montreal...no one has brought this up, but maybe he'll actually go back to Edmonton now...they missed out on Gomez, maybe they'll try to bring him back

Guest Agalloch

just a point of thought, if the rumor of bert going to boston is true, we would have enough money for smyth no?

If you want Osgood/Howard as the goalies, Lilja/Quincey as the #6 defenseman, and no other forwards, then yes, we have enough for Smyth.

...WHy would Bert want to go to Boston? If Dom wants to win, he should sign for $1MM plus incentives. Give Bert $3.5MM. Still not enough to sign Smyth, but isn't Karyia, Forsberg or Guerin still available? We could pick up some quick help for a couple of years someone maybe like Nolan, Ricci or Peca, Jeff O'Neil. Any of these guys should sign at or below $3MM, leaveing us some cash for the trade deadline...

Guest Agalloch

When did I ever say it was a bad thing? Don't put words into my mouth. I'm saying that the situation could be better, though.

I am wondering if Smyth is waiting things out to see where all the chips fall. Seeing which teams have the best fit for him, and a legit chance at winning a Cup. He is no spring chicken, so the Cup has to be one of the most important things to him.

I don't see him going back to Edmonton. The Isles just don't have a legit shot, neither do Montreal or Colorado.

I wouldn't rule out Detroit just yet. It looks like Kenny is willing to spend a little more than anticipated.

I think it boils down to Bert or Smyth for Kenny. I can't see Kenny spending the coin to get both.

And yes, if Smyth does sign here, I'll eat some crow. :blush:

Here's to some crow, eh? :P

Anyone use hockeybuzz.com? Where is the best place to find up-to-the-minute rumors?

I use hockeybuzz.com, dont know anyone better…

Eklund has a bad rep but did well today and seems to be getting smarter and not saying that things will definately happen but more postulating/theorizing