• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

am I mis-reading something here, or did everyone else just completely gloss over the fact that the original post asked if he was an UFA NOW?!?!

*ahem* Look at the date.

I was under the impression that he was still under contract by the Rangers....is this not correct? And if so does that means hes a UFA right now?

Reading is fundamental. :D

Edited by edicius

Shanny was my fav. to, his last year here in the playoffs I felt bad he was the only one on our team taht would fight and had balls, does anyone think he'll have his number retired here?

I don't think 14 gets retired, but I think he goes into the Hall as a Wing.

oops... ok, so I didn't read it close enough... just figured it was recent because it was on the first page here in January... my fault :blink:

Heh heh, no problem. Occasionally old, dead threads get resurrected on the first page. I blame Samuelsson. :P

Heh heh, no problem. Occasionally old, dead threads get resurrected on the first page. I blame Samuelsson. :P

haha :thumbup:

did you know he was responsible for the original cancellation of Family Guy, WWII and every MTV reality series on TV as well?

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Former Wings forwards currently performing better than Shanahan:

Ray Whitney

Robert Lang

Sergei Fedorov

Slava Kozlov

Former Wings defensemen currently performing as well or better than Shanahan:

Mathieu Schneider

Anders Eriksson

Aaron Ward

First off, Anders Eriksson should be stricken from the equation. You can't even put him in the same sentence as Brendan Shanahan. Shanny is a God. 99.99% of the NHL fanbase has no clue who Eriksson is or who he even plays for anymore.

Some crazy stats from 2 former greats

Fedorov

469 goals

663 assists

1132 points

779 PIMs

Shanahan

642 goals

682 assists

1324 points

2446 PIMs

They're the same age but Shanny has played about 3 more years than Feds due to Feds being in Russia.

My guess is based on their age and level of play, that Feds won't catch Shanny in points. No way he gets close in goals and i'm starting to wonder if Feds will even make it to 500 goals. Not that he'll need it as he'll go into the Hall anyway.

But look at those PIM's? How many players have the numbers Shanny does whilst having served the equivalent of 1/2 a season in the penalty box?

I don't think we need him back but to me, Shanny is a God. He can do no wrong in my book. He played the game the way tough-ass, North American hockey was supposed to be played. He fought heavyweights like Brashear and Probert. He kicked ass, took names, scored a s***load of goals and proved that no matter what, you don't ever wanna f*** with an Irishman.

I don't think we need him back but to me, Shanny is a God. He can do no wrong in my book. He played the game the way tough-ass, North American hockey was supposed to be played. He fought heavyweights like Brashear and Probert. He kicked ass, took names, scored a s***load of goals and proved that no matter what, you don't ever wanna f*** with an Irishman.

Me, too.

They can technically afford him, but not when you look deeper. They have Lundqvist as an RFA currently making nothing. They have to get him signed to a long contract or save enough to fend off offer sheets, they also have about 5 other rfa's that they eiother need to resign or replace...

Hard to imagine with what i calculate (rough numbers based on outsidethegarden.com ) as 8mil left they can afford anyone over 1 -1.5 mil/yr.

When does Lundqvist get his money ?

First off, Anders Eriksson should be stricken from the equation. You can't even put him in the same sentence as Brendan Shanahan. Shanny is a God. 99.99% of the NHL fanbase has no clue who Eriksson is or who he even plays for anymore.

Fedorov

469 goals

663 assists

1132 points

779 PIMs

Shanahan

642 goals

682 assists

1324 points

2446 PIMs

They're the same age but Shanny has played about 3 more years than Feds due to Feds being in Russia.

My guess is based on their age and level of play, that Feds won't catch Shanny in points. No way he gets close in goals and i'm starting to wonder if Feds will even make it to 500 goals. Not that he'll need it as he'll go into the Hall anyway.

But look at those PIM's? How many players have the numbers Shanny does whilst having served the equivalent of 1/2 a season in the penalty box?

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: glad someone finally said it! thats been my argument for years. Feds has done next to nothing since losing the Winged-wheel. Not to say that Shanny has had career years since leaving either, but Shanny played with infinitely more guts and heart than Fedorov ever could. Shanahan is one of the best to EVER play the game.

Guest jaytan
Best two former Wings in the league? PLEASE tell me that there's someone I am not thinking of and that you are not referring to Sean Avery as the second best former Wing in the league. This is a league that Sergei Fedorov is still a part of, lest ye forget. Let's see if I can think of a few more that would be higher ont he list that Sean Avery.....

Vyacheslav Kozlov

Martin Lapointe

Mathieu Dandenault

Mathieu Schneider

Manny Legace

Aaron Ward

and while I am at it, let me continue with MORE players...

Curtis Joseph

Boyd Devereaux

Robert Lang

Jason Williams

Mike Knuble

Mike Sillinger

Ray Whitney

Anders Eriksson

Ok, maybe I went a little overboard there at the end, but I hope I still got my point across.

Sean Avery's better than all of them you silly sausage. Not only is he a better player, but he's a hell of a spark plug and he's popular with the fans (gotta put butts in the seats). Plus he's young and will only get better. You're throwing washed-up guys at me.

Fedorov

469 goals

663 assists

1132 points

779 PIMs

Shanahan

642 goals

682 assists

1324 points

2446 PIMs

:thumbup: Great post GST.

And to the people that gave a list of former Wings that were better then Shanny, your really out there if you believe Anders Erikkson, Marty Lapointe, Matty Dandenault, Boyd Deveraux, Jason Williams and Robert Lang are all better then Shanahan.