• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Salviaman

Who is next to sign with Detroit?

Rate this topic

As none of them are natural scorers, I don't see why this would be so great.

zetterberg will be a 40 goal scorer soon enough , datsyuk and kozlov can get 25 + , there nice goal scorers enough lol ........but no i dont want kozlov back we need some bigger forwards

Would Shanahan coming back throw a wrench in the locker room though? I mean, I don't have any inside information, but I haven't heard of any ego or behavior problems with the Wings. Everyone seems to get along really well and click. Is Shanahan going to come back and expect to be queen of the ball? If so, no thanks, though we miss his slap shot.

I say let's keep our eyes on the future and not get too nostalgic.

I highly, highly doubt it.

zetterberg will be a 40 goal scorer soon enough , datsyuk and kozlov can get 25 + , there nice goal scorers enough lol ........but no i dont want kozlov back we need some bigger forwards

Kozzie made 2.04M last year and had about 80 points. 2.5 might just land him. That's Eighty points. Assuming we could get either Bertuzzi or Forsberg to fit in addition to Kozlov, which would you prefer?

Homer-Zetterberg-Sammy

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Kozlov

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Kopecky-Filpulla-Franzen

Grigorienko as our 13th

-- or --

Homer-Zetterberg-Forsberg

Franzen-Datsyuk-Kozlov

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Sammy-Filpula-Kopecky

Grigorienko as our 13th.

I'm torn. Both Bert and Forsberg are health risks in one way or another. All things being equal, I think I'd rather Forsberg's option b/c I would hate to see Franzen's icetime suffer too much. Forsberg's obligatory 30 games out of the lineup would leave lots of room for Grigorienko to cut his teeth too, and give the others alot of ramp-up time. Kozzie has 300+ goals in his career now and he has (if my memory is not total cheese) been a clutch playoff scorer in the past. He at least seems like a good safe addition that'd fit and would be a fan favorite.

I would be so depressed if Bert left cuz i so love him and don't want him to leave, i dont understand why Holland wont give him a longer contract like the one he wants, it seems like the money is perfect that he is offering except for the length.

I would be so depressed if Bert left cuz i so love him and don't want him to leave, i dont understand why Holland wont give him a longer contract like the one he wants, it seems like the money is perfect that he is offering except for the length.

Look at Bertuzzi's stats last year. Take a good, hard look at the GP category and you may understand why Holland isn't willing to invest long-term.

I want Bertuzzi back too, but don't pretend like there's no risk.

id really like to see nylander join

So would I, but he isnt coming any cheaper than 3.5-5 million, and I think that means he isnt coming.

I dont see forsberg coming much cheaper than that either...although id take him in a heartbeat provided he can still physically play.

Grigorenko has a 2-way contract: If he doesnt make the club out of the gate, he has an option to return to russia after a few weeks in the AHL, so I'd look for him to be playing in Detroit unless he just cant cut it.

I still say Kozlov, and no, Im not one of these "Bring back (Insert former wing player here)" guys. He has been a performer for the past few years, and he would fit well with Datsyuk. He would come at a decent price too.

So would I, but he isnt coming any cheaper than 3.5-5 million, and I think that means he isnt coming.

I dont see forsberg coming much cheaper than that either...although id take him in a heartbeat provided he can still physically play.

Grigorenko has a 2-way contract: If he doesnt make the club out of the gate, he has an option to return to russia after a few weeks in the AHL, so I'd look for him to be playing in Detroit unless he just cant cut it.

I still say Kozlov, and no, Im not one of these "Bring back (Insert former wing player here)" guys. He has been a performer for the past few years, and he would fit well with Datsyuk. He would come at a decent price too.

Tsn reported that Nylander signed with the Oilers

ok guys , heres who is left thats of significance ........

forsberg ( would be nice here , but has to wait and see his results from the operation)

selanne ( ducks or retire)

nylander ( smallish forward and overrated)

bertuzzi

shanahan ( have a scary feeling he can be back , but dont want him back)

handzus

yashin

slava kozlov

guerin ( would fit nicely here )

sykora

nagy

zubrus

a carter

o'neill

lindros

Chris Simon ( big guy, comes cheap can intimidate and score 10 goals , forget his cheap shot )

Todd Fedoruk

nolan

fedotenko

peca

defensemen

andy sutton

souray ( no chance)

brad stuart ( no chance )

vishnevski

devries

d markov

anton babchuk ( not a ufa but is a rfa and carolina wants to trade him)

tanabe

Aaron Miller ( wouldnt mind having him , wouldnt have to be a long deal and can be physical)

preissing

my personal picks are .............vishnevski, miller and markov if he came back on defense

offense

bertuzzi, guerin,o'neill ( wouldnt require a term past 2 yrs which we cant afford unless lidstrom retires)

maybe fedotenko, simon on the 4th line would of been nice too intimidate ppl but no place here for him

Look at Bertuzzi's stats last year. Take a good, hard look at the GP category and you may understand why Holland isn't willing to invest long-term.

I want Bertuzzi back too, but don't pretend like there's no risk.

Ya i understand there is a big risk in it but, you and i both know that the rest he is having now and by the time practice comes and goes and preseason is over he will most likely be at about 80-90 percent and to me thats a good Bert, because this year or well the games he played this year he was very very careful not to put his body on the line and when he did the guys he hit flew and by flew i mean damn did he hit them. And when they tried to hit Bert i loved it when they were the ones to fall to the ground and Bert just looked at them like wtf hit me a fly or something.

ok guys , heres who is left thats of significance ........

forsberg ( would be nice here , but has to wait and see his results from the operation)

selanne ( ducks or retire)

nylander ( smallish forward and overrated) Edmonton nabbed him apparently

bertuzzi

shanahan ( have a scary feeling he can be back , but dont want him back)

handzus

yashin No way in hell

slava kozlov

guerin ( would fit nicely here )

sykora

nagy

zubrus

a carter

o'neill

lindros LOL

Chris Simon ( big guy, comes cheap can intimidate and score 10 goals , forget his cheap shot ) No way in hell, thank you

Todd Fedoruk

nolan

fedotenko

peca

defensemen

andy sutton

souray ( no chance)

brad stuart ( no chance )

vishnevski

devries

d markov

anton babchuk ( not a ufa but is a rfa and carolina wants to trade him)

Aaron Miller ( wouldnt mind having him , wouldnt have to be a long deal and can be physical)

preissing

bertuzzi- YES

handzus- On the cheap, YES

slava kozlov- YES

guerin - For the right price, I think he would be a good add.

fedotenko- For 1.0 sure...

devries- I like him, and id take him for the right price

d markov- YES please

anton babchuk ( not a ufa but is a rfa and carolina wants to trade him) For a draft pick, sure.

preissing0 YES

Edited by GiantRobot

Zubrus to the wings. 2.1 million a year for 3 years.

Or maybe O'neil?? He is available according to the Hockey News. I'd consider him.

Comrie? Holmqvist? Handzus to complete our collection of players traded for or used to trade for Calder?

Really it looks like the wings are going to just settle on Hasek and Bert and pray they have enough money to tie up all the loose ends throughout the year.

I would definately look at Zubris...

I'll take Zubrus.

I hope Bert isn't greedy and takes Boston's offer, because we need him, Zubrus and Dom. That would be nice. Quincey and Lilja are going to have to do on defense.

I would take Zubrus or Comrie.

Remember the wings are not looking for a big name 40-50 goal scorer. They have 2 guys that can do that already and have a couple of young guys who the team has high hopes for. Grigs is hopefully going to be wearing the winged wheel, Flip will be a year more experienced and better. The mule should be a damn good 3rd line player. I would really like to see the Mule, Flip, and Samuelson on a line together.

Edited by Opie

Haha priceless. :clap:

Bert and/or Guerin with carefully crafted contracts would be nice. Especially both. I really dont get why people are so hung up on Kozlov. Anyone on this board could probably put up big points playing with Kovalchuk and Hossa.

What? I'll take Koz over Guerin any day.

I've been saying Zubrus for two days now....

He's 6'4, 225 lbs and has soft hands.... i really think he'll end up a wings if we can get him cheap

By the way, eklund reports he will sign a 10 yr, 150 mill deal with the wings (e5)