• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
IceMunkee

The day is at rest...

Rate this topic

The day is over and I have sat in hockeybuzz.com and spectors and tsn.ca. My eyes are tired and my fingers hurt. Stupid chat rooms. We have signed Rafalski which is a good thing but the price tag is hefty. Hasek remains unsigned, is it possible he is entertaining other offers? Absolutley no news on Bert. I think he will be on another's ice next season. Schnieder is gone, to the ducks? Seriously? Why the ducks?

Smyth is in Colorado. They will probably build the whole team around him and maybe bring back some of the old which could pump a bit of life into the dead team and possibly resurface a rivalry.

What are the Detroit Red Wings doing. Should we be nervous? Is there fear that should be felt? I don't think so. I am confident Hasek signs. In all the madness don't forget who we have on our team. Henrik, Pavel, Homer, Lids, Raf, Cheli and a whole bunch more. We will be okay. Holland will make a couple key moves and we will be great. Don't be to sad. We have a whole summer to fix the bench...

Thoughts?

I definitly still want him, but I am not afraid to lose him.

agreed, id love to see what he could do healthy, but its not worth the money unless the wings know for a fact he will be that dominating power presence that he used to be....why not spend the money and find a pure goal scorer?

The day is over and I have sat in hockeybuzz.com and spectors and tsn.ca. My eyes are tired and my fingers hurt. Stupid chat rooms. We have signed Rafalski which is a good thing but the price tag is hefty. Hasek remains unsigned, is it possible he is entertaining other offers? Absolutley no news on Bert. I think he will be on another's ice next season. Schnieder is gone, to the ducks? Seriously? Why the ducks?

Smyth is in Colorado. They will probably build the whole team around him and maybe bring back some of the old which could pump a bit of life into the dead team and possibly resurface a rivalry.

What are the Detroit Red Wings doing. Should we be nervous? Is there fear that should be felt? I don't think so. I am confident Hasek signs. In all the madness don't forget who we have on our team. Henrik, Pavel, Homer, Lids, Raf, Cheli and a whole bunch more. We will be okay. Holland will make a couple key moves and we will be great. Don't be to sad. We have a whole summer to fix the bench...

Thoughts?

You dont build your team around a 32 year old. The Avs are building their team around Stastny and Wolski. As for the Schneider signing, it makes a ton of sense. And Hasek going somewhere else? its not going to happen.

agreed, id love to see what he could do healthy, but its not worth the money unless the wings know for a fact he will be that dominating power presence that he used to be....why not spend the money and find a pure goal scorer?

Because there arent any pure goal scorers available.

im not worried at all, im almost positive hasek will re-sign, i think bert is a good chance as well. Rafalski was an excellent pick up in light of schneids leaving. I think we're gonna be ok

Hasek will not be leaving. He said himself it's the Wings or retire. He's only waiting to see how much money the Wings have left, so he won't break the bank. As for Bertuzzi, I think if he were leaving we'd be hearing more about him. As it stands, I bet he's also waiting around, but not intending to leave. He's going to be better last year. It's been said a million times, he came to a new team, after not playing for almost a year, with players who don't usually get along with him in games, and was injured. And we expected the world of him? Think of him as a new player. He has to re-develop a little. He is no longer a superstar, but he is still a second-line, reliable, productive player.

You dont build your team around a 32 year old. The Avs are building their team around Stastny and Wolski. As for the Schneider signing, it makes a ton of sense. And Hasek going somewhere else? its not going to happen.

Because there arent any pure goal scorers available.

I disagree with you. You do build your team around a vet. The ducks built there team around Neidermyer this last season. It seemed to work. It doesn't matter since Kariya signed with St. Louis. Hasek going some where else I don't think is going to happen either but it is fair to speculate. I can assure you he is at least getting offers...

No worries here.

At first I was not happy when I heard Schneids signed with the Ducks, of all teams. :unsure: I mean, look at the way the team played after he broke his wrist. We really needed him in the WCF.

However, after I heard about the Rafalski signing, I thought things are looking up! We basically got a player similar to Schneider, but younger. He can be a partner for Nick and instantly makes our power play better. So the disappointment at the loss of Schneider was tempered by the signing of Rafalski.

Does anyone out there think Kenny had the Rafalski deal in the works before Schneider decided to sign with the Ducks? I mean, it just came down too fast. According to TSN.ca's real-time tracker, the Schneider signing was announced at 2:49 PM and the Rafalski signing was announced at 4:01 PM, just over an hour later.

As for Dom and Bert - I have no doubts the Wings will sign Dom, it's just a matter of time. I doubt he is looking at other teams - Dom wants to stay here and the Wings want him to stay. I don't expect it to happen too soon, though. It's kind of like the way the Yzerman signings would go - we all knew that Stevie wasn't going anywhere, yet often he wouldn't be signed until later in the summer, sometimes just before training camp.

Bert, I'm not sure about. I'd like to see him back because I'd like to see what he's capable of, playing a full season with his surgically-repaired back. But I certainly wouldn't give him premium money. Maybe performance bonuses based on the number of games he plays, but reasonable ones. I think he'll be back here because he indicated he liked the short time he spent here and I really don't see any team offering him too much. Not over $2m per season, for sure. No one knows how long - or if - his back is going to hold out.